• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahyakun

Smash Cadet
guyz i have a quick question about melee.
Who is better PEPE or HBOX?

me and my friend are arguing about that. i say is hbox and they say is pp.
i even think m2k is better but the fact that m2k lost agaisnt pp marth vs marth recently, doesnt support my opinion.
so now, i would love to get some "votes" or opinions from u guyz. ty :)

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'm of the opinion that M2K, confidant, and practiced, maybe with no Brawl running at the same time is an absolute monster. Probably capable of beating anyone.
On a normal day, I'll give it to PP.
HBox is heeeeella good, but PP showing excellent performance with not only Falco, but Marth as well swings it for me. It's not like its a large gap though. Any of the top players can beat one another on the right day. Armada has been the only player that seems to be the exception, but with his retirement/hiatus/whatever you want to call it it's probably not right to include him in the discussion for now.

yahyakun

Smash Cadet
I'm of the opinion that M2K, confidant, and practiced, maybe with no Brawl running at the same time is an absolute monster. Probably capable of beating anyone.
On a normal day, I'll give it to PP.
HBox is heeeeella good, but PP showing excellent performance with not only Falco, but Marth as well swings it for me. It's not like its a large gap though. Any of the top players can beat one another on the right day. Armada has been the only player that seems to be the exception, but with his retirement/hiatus/whatever you want to call it it's probably not right to include him in the discussion for now.
nice. i need another opinion guyz :)

Kati

Smash Lord
Aww I miss hyperception, what a guy.

I was going to upload the ice stage, but it freezes on me when I finish or reset a match; anyone know what causes that?

MaxThunder

PM Support
2.5 had the original striking code of IE's, and 2.5b used a new striking code that I had made rather differently. The differences were:

-Now works with any SSS layout
-Stage strikes now work on page 2
-Stage strikes are now saved between page switches
-Stages will now only be struck with X if they are actually highlighted (no striking the most recent stage while highlighting Random/Page)
-Random now takes both page's strikes into consideration
-Doesn't needlessly write to the game's save data when picking Random then attempt to (and sometimes fail to) restore it later, so it no longer messes up your random stage switch settings by selecting Random on page 2/3
-Number of stages on page now determined properly, so changing from page 1->2->1 then being able to strike off the Page 2 icon and crash the game is no longer possible
-Code is 40% shorter

Oh lol yeah... I forgot that...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
So I can't be the only noticing that 9K's been liking every single post since the last page. I guess we're just so likable.

Kati

Smash Lord
God damnit project-05.

Did anyone know that you can catch your own bumper as it rebounds off of the opponent..?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
nice. i need another opinion guyz :)
Mango,
PP,
HBox,
M2K

In this list, anyone of these players have a good chance of beating each other.
As of Apex 2013 thought, imo it looked sort of like this: PP > M2K > Mango > Hbox
M2K was able to beat Mango twice in a row, and PP was able to do the same to M2K. Mango beat Hbox. That's my reasoning for this.

If it's who styles the best, its:
Mango > M2K > PP > HBox

And if it's who my favorite player is, its:
M2K > HBox > PP > Mango

Kati

Smash Lord
Good news :)

The rock field from ps2 ports over to ps1 quite nicely. I just have one collision error and the lighting is off. Also, the mound of dirt is a separate model, unlike the ps1 rock, which is part of a model that takes up the entire stage; therefore, the pile of dirt can be modified to the ideal size/taken out completely.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?a1q6lv2fer9q2#t2m7ivmp0z7twfm
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?c5epp4qva584xqc
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?a1q6lv2fer9q2#5hp92x68k39w7i3
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?a1q6lv2fer9q2#bbajvu805zes1bb

There are some texture mapping errors as well it seems.

The ice stage still freezes, but I'll upload it sometime anyways. These are outdated pictures:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?0eu4d2vl2fbdk#8dpcatpvcdh245j
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?0eu4d2vl2fbdk#dfrvuq7wwuk6b8b

iLink

Smash Champion
Finally got a wii and sd card to play with again. Also avatars look derpy with all that extra space around them now.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Keep your avatars that way you guys, I deserve to have a slightly larger image than the majority

SpiderMad

Smash Master
A couple months ago I was talking/asking about Dreams in this thread. I had a dream last night and detail for detail I'm going to tell the truth about it: it's not that interesting of a dream, and I wanted to draw pictures of It since I remember them pretty clearly but I'm bad at drawing so I'm holding off on doing that unless I feel like I can. The one thing that's awkward just a tad was DaShizWiz was in it, I don't know him IRL, but I re-watched his interview at Apex a few days prior and stuff which I'll explain/analysis after I tell it. My dreams don't usually have anything relating to Smash or Smash people, but usually relatives/friends/gfs and monsters and adventures of escaping/going somewhere to do something. Then other times it's just a more real life like nightmare of me showing up to work late and getting bit by a snake or whatever.

It might hurt to read less if you hit "reply" and then read the text now inside your "quick reply" box.

So idk how the dream starts but I'm in an auditorium full of light brown furry blanket cloud things all over the floor, and I'm trying to sleep or hide or something, and 2 guys walk through the side at the opposite end I was at and managed to see me after I thought they wouldn't or something. then I get transferred into a small circular auditorium type thing almost like since they caught me I have to stay there, and there's this old women with her eyes like almost missing and some weird small creature guy which doesn't play any role in the story. It then gets placed in my mind that I'm in some kind of Greek mythological type place but condensed to be like friendly museum you can visit to see real mythological beings.

Anyways, she's all grumpy looking and has no eyes or whatever. Some guy I think walks past one of the open doors on the left and takes a picture like he's visiting a museum (which he is I guess), and she's like "hey you can't take pictures of this room" but then he walks off to the next part of the museum or whatever because he was going to anyways (he kind of left before she could say anything) so yeah she's grumpy. then I ask something like I'm bored now how do I get out or whatever, so then she sends me on a Black knight riding a horse creature but I'm not certain what it was, and it's first person now so I only see like what's in front of me as he flys through the inner workings of the museum which is like a metal cheese grader column from the inside where all the museum stuff takes place on the outer portions (so it's like a short cut). Anyways he's flying to some destination, and meanwhile I also somehow know that DaShizWiz is also riding on this guy and maybe he was the guy who took the picture but it's whatever. So then we arrive at one of the museum portions where we ride smoothly down this stone statues arm/tentacle thing or something. As we ride down, it occurs to me that DaShazwiz is power hungry or something (either for power as like smash skill, or like strength, or just like power like I want to rule a nation or own a gang or something) so we ride down the arm thing and encounter the first mythical object which is some giant green Eye statue. Then it occurs to me (I gain the random knowledge) that this is the first object which is suppose to subdue a man or something, so he rides past it and looks at it and somehow didn't have anything epic happen to him although he was entranced a little bit. Then we approach the next object with is some weird "unown" egyptian Pokemon black looking symbol floating at the end of the statue's arm. It then feels like I have the power to control the flying Knight were riding on but instead of taking that control to skip the unown thing (which I gain the knowledge is the actual final step to induce the man changing features, which I somehow know will grant negative aspects upon DaShizWiz rather than the power he's searching for) I let the course go through it. So he touches it and I know somethings gonna happen as he dips into the water below the arm (it's some kind of single river thing) and then I end up behind the statue at the opposite end of the river with some kind of dam that's blocking some of the water but not really. Anyways a giant worm fish monster a lot like gyrados but wormy and scary rips through the barrier and somehow eats (engulfs) a bunch of soldiers that weren't there in the first place and yet I'm not in harms way as I'm watching this. Anyways the dream ends as I just look at this cool but scary fish monster that use to be DaShizWiz (he turned into it from touching the two objects).

Analysis:

Me: I don't have much analysis for the beginning portions of the story. I do know that I was letting DaShizWiz reach his own demise of turning into this horrible creature when I could have stopped him but kind of didn't since he was searching for power kind of like an arrogant person, so the wicked part of me kinda shows and is exaggerated through this.

DaShizWiz: Like I said I watched his Apex interview again, and he was real nice and everything during it. Then I saw some other video on his personal channel that was a lot more recent, and he sounded a lot like he lost his direction of being a guy you could look up to. Even his funny humor seemed to not be close to his old interviews with PBnJ and stuff.

This museum was like a mix of "Night at the Museum" and "God of war", where there's not that much "super" evil looking stuff going on but there's definitely weird beings and objects that can change people.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It is. I'm also bad at the game so there's that.

Maybe seriously enjoyable is a better way of putting it even if that doesn't make sense. Because I'm serious about my fun.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
ZSS' got a lot of really cool things about her. Even if she's not amazing, her combos are so much fun to do.

Im seriously considering maining bowser. Tier wise hes ambiguous, fun wise hes S tier.
He makes me feel clunky and uncomfortable when I play him. It's hard to explain, it just gives me bad vibes. I will admit though, it is pretty funny when Bowser is pitted against fast characters trying to do fancy, technical stuff and Bowser just swats them away like flies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Bowser has limitations but it doesn't seem to be stopping his placements. He's currently the most successful Project M character bar none and has the most successful mains.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I think Bowser is strong. He is the kind of characters that is really good for now and will be figured out and then not win as much but still be solid.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
I think his large amount of start up is going to hold him back, a lot. That will also just get compounded with his large amount of landing and ending lag. He's going to have a very hard time against characters of decent ground speed or horizontal aerial mobility.
After playing him more he has some hard punishes and a nice grab game but it seems to be very shallow if you ask me. But then again Sheik is shallow lol.
(his ledge attack is beyond god like though lol)

No one can deny his success right now though.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I will concede in Bowser being a strong force in some tournament areas. There's no doubt that Bowser is dominating the midwest currently. Though, it's important to keep in mind that Bowser's weaknesses lie in playstyles common to top level tournament play; he's is one of the many characters in P:M that can get smacked hard by a change in the metagame. Now if players had more incentive to actually engage Bowser, he'd be able to compete with the big dogs. Unfortunately, until that occurs Bowser [players] will be more inclined to relying on the patience of the opposing player to even have a shot at winning; depending on the match-up, whoever cracks first will lose. (Not saying that this is impossible, but it's a trait which has, for years, held numerous characters back).

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who despises the cancerous League of Legends "wah wah OP riot nerf plz" culture leaking onto fighting games?

It's like nobody knows how learning curves and metagame advancement works anymore.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Am I the only one who despises the cancerous League of Legends "wah wah OP riot nerf plz" culture leaking onto fighting games?

It's like nobody knows how learning curves and metagame advancement works anymore.
I'm pretty sure that that culture originated in fighting games.

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
Guilty Gear has like 15 renditions, KOF nearly 20, Street Fighter has put out 15 games, Mortal Kombat has 10, Soul Edge has 6 sequels. LoL has more players than any other game currently, which means they expose balance issues faster than any other game faster and across more skill levels. Starcraft also has the benefit of enough players to be able to constantly balance and adjust their game without rerouting metagame development or disabling strategies. Fighting games CONSTANTLY revise and balance their characters and mechanics, nearly every year whatever franchise you play gets a new game. Melee is a freak accident in the fighting world, because no game has been left for ten years to consume itself the same way.
no u

otter

Smash Ace
Im seriously considering maining bowser. Tier wise hes ambiguous, fun wise hes S tier.
Unless you're talking about how Bowser stacks up with the rest of the cast -- in that case, he's bad, like, reeeeeeeeeally reeeeeally bad.
Bowser has limitations but it doesn't seem to be stopping his placements. He's currently the most successful Project M character bar none and has the most successful mains.
I think Bowser is strong.
and that's why I chose the word ambiguous.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I just have this feeling that Bowser is sort of like Wesker. He'll good for a few more months than he'll drop like hell.

I have nothing to support this; just a gut feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom