• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
This guy.
Lol I'm not calling y'all out or trying to be a jerk or anything. Its just like, I seriously wonder why so many people either over complicate or don't think out the whole situation before they post.

Can someone give me actual, reliable, creditable information supporting that the CStick is that drastically different between the games, and if so how it hinders gameplay realistically to the point where its a major problem?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
no i just feel literally no difference from my flatscreen
Different people have sensitivity to different amounts of lag.

You can always try what I call the "Shield test." Hold your trigger when resetting your controller so it has no light input, then click it in to see if there is any off feeling to when the shield shows up.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Sometimes that works, sometimes it looks like it works until later on in game it screws up. An actual reset is holding X,Y, and the Start button for about 3 seconds, then letting go. This is built into all Nintendo GCCs and most third parties.

Lol @ KinkLinks "most common method"

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
It's how you reset controllers, yes.
No joke. Hold them all down and it will work itself out.

The quote in your signature is silly, by the way. ;)

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Or turning off a frozen Wii by unplugging it rather than holding the power button, or ditching your girl friend for a video game only to realize a year later you've made a big mistake.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I don't know about you guys, but I just use quarter-circle motions on my analog stick in advance. I don't bother with C-Stick.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If you're talking about SDI, I'm pretty used to doing SSB quarter circle SDI so that's what I end up doing while holding the C-Stick in another for ASDI.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Mhm, I downloaded an edited version of that stage, with a short rock, and no tree. It works fine other than the Rock has weird edges. and its not as easy to stall on. doubt a stage edit is tourny legal, but for friendlies and stuff you could look into getting it.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
For a tournament setting, PS1 isn't exactly the ideal stage, but the transformations make for fun friendlies and stuff like that. It's probably one of the only dynamic stages that is borderline fair enough to play on when playing casually. PM already has tons of legal stages now; I don't think we need to focus much on changing PS1.

Kati

Smash Lord
My ps1 edit is as much for fun as it is for more functional gameplay. I have never competed, but find the removal of the tree to be refreshing. The rock is still a work in progress (btw weird edges?), as I could see its new shortened height still not being ideal. I think the rock is something like 50% of it's default height, and I'm going see how it works around 60-70%; likewise, I took out the black corners jutting out of the stage specifically for the friendly-value so that people can see their characters better.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Your signature seems relevant.
lol nice one=)...

the rock is really funny, though... cause you slide back if you attack the rock and stuff edge-cancels... can trick people... like charge up an f-smash and when they get close you release it and instantly do an aerial or something=)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom