• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Know what's more interesting than pokemon trainer?

A system where each stock would be a different character :D

Now THAT would be fun.

Sync8699

Smash Cadet
D) The potential to counterpick every match including the matches that you win in a tournament setting is extremely unhealthy. It is not space worth exploring because it is inherently broken.
Keeping the switching to at-will only (as with Sheilda) resolves pretty much every issue with potentially having PT that's been discussed except for the one leelue mentioned about counterpicking, but I don't understand why he's saying this ^^ when Shielda exists. Why is she immune to this sort of criticism? Combining all three pokemon in Project M I STILL say you have a less diverse combination than Sheik and Zelda, and considering we haven't had anyone jumping up and shouting, "NO FAIR! YOU'RE PLAYING TWO CHARACTERS IN ONE!" at any tournaments (that I know of at least...), I don't see why having three is such a big deal.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Sync, you should talk to deepak about going to Smash @ Gaming Generations. He hasn't said anything in the tournament thread but he's listed as a maybe on facebook. I know you said that you were looking at bus stuff. I don't know if he's going by car or not. If he is, maybe you can carpool with him.

leelue

Smash Lord

Now THAT would be fun.
You have no idea how much I want this
No idea

PMBR make it happen I DGAF about loading times

Keeping the switching to at-will only (as with Sheilda) resolves pretty much every issue with potentially having PT that's been discussed except for the one leelue mentioned about counterpicking, but I don't understand why he's saying this ^^ when Shielda exists. Why is she immune to this sort of criticism? Combining all three pokemon in Project M I STILL say you have a less diverse combination than Sheik and Zelda, and considering we haven't had anyone jumping up and shouting, "NO FAIR! YOU'RE PLAYING TWO CHARACTERS IN ONE!" at any tournaments (that I know of at least...), I don't see why having three is such a big deal.
Oh no, she's not immune to this sort of criticism. It's just that the bulk of the complaining was done like 9 months to a year ago.
Funnily enough, one of the reasons why this was dropped was a general feeling that sheik (while still great) had some of her edge taken off with the down throw change. I'm not saying I agree with either keeping sheik and zelda together, nor that I agree with the "general feeling" I just mentioned, I'm just stating what I can from memory.
Other things that might have contributed to that feeling:
*A portion of people thinking that Zelda's best move is Down B
*Sheik/Zelda not dominating the tournament scene (but enjoying solid success)
*Zelda maybe being good against Fox/Falco, and a learned hatred of those two characters

JOE!

Smash Hero

Now THAT would be fun.
Dude, you dont even -know-

http://www.smashboards.com/threads/...nt-period-begins.326189/page-11#post-15007458

Unfortunatley the forum change messed with Tables and the main pic, but this is a set that features a full 6 pokemon, with their own stock per mon, as well as several other features.

Check it out.

Next contest starts soon too if you guys are interested :awesome:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Sheik's not terrible in Brawl--She's just not great. That said, she's not winning tournaments, but neither is, say, Melee Falcon or Melee Samus.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
WHAT. MY NAME WAS IN THAT VID

WHAT

IM CONFUSED

[cries in excite]

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
When you said boss combo video, I literally thought of Falcon comboing Petey Piranha across the stage.

Kati

Smash Lord
I'm still waiting for some tas boss battles. Though the only real feats I can see one pulling are always being on just narrowly avoiding every attack or using super di to tank some of the 1 hit ko's.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
So apparently, the anime convention I'm going to is having an official Project M tournament along side Brawl and Melee.

That's pretty legit.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
So apparently, the anime convention I'm going to is having an official Project M tournament along side Brawl and Melee.

That's pretty legit.
location is seattle? Dude, im going to sakuracon too!

We need to play :3c

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'd go to University Place for a mid-sized fest. Not going all the way to the unwashed trenches of Sakura con though.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Just commenting.

I'm just surprised they actually included it. And not as some side event either. Props to the P:M for making that popular.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Was finally go to include this one important video segment from a stream to a video I'm making, only to find I saved almost everything but that segment. Always feels like a part of you is lost when this happens lol

I was also thinking tons of people would make their own Tier list for the Tier list speculation thread if there was an easy flash program that could create and save bubbles/tiles for each character and arrange them and export them/let me screen shot it.

I also had some random dice cube under my location and it randomly went away =(

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
You know what I'm seriously wondering? Why hasn't the PM:BR switched to booting up Riivolution with the stage creator loading method instead of gecko? They could add more viable stages, more stages just for fun, some more music, and put in the melee sfx, I think the popularity of P:M would sky-rocket just for the extra content

Also, I saw mention of people wanting the Pokemon Trainer back, at first I thought that would be terrible, but if it works exactly like the Zelda-Shiek transformation, then why not? It just gives more options, though I think the guy running around in the back is kinda annoying

CORY

wut
BRoomer
gecko os/USB loader loading times >>>>> riivolution loading times
this, so much. i have to use riivo because pm refuses to read my gc controllers with gecko and just loading up riivo initially can take 2-3 minutes sometimes, with all the custom music i have.

i remember even without the custom stuff on the card, it would still take some time to load stuff up.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
this, so much. i have to use riivo because pm refuses to read my gc controllers with gecko and just loading up riivo initially can take 2-3 minutes sometimes, with all the custom music i have.

i remember even without the custom stuff on the card, it would still take some time to load stuff up.
You must be doing something wrong, I have a crap-ton of custom stuff and it loads up immediately for me

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Can Riivolution run on a hackless set-up?

wza

Smash Rookie
can anyone help me with shdl i cant short hop to varying heights i can only short hop high enough to do shl. if i try to hold it down longer i do a full hop. im playing on dolphin with a ps3 controller do you guys think that is the problem?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
can anyone help me with shdl i cant short hop to varying heights i can only short hop high enough to do shl. if i try to hold it down longer i do a full hop. im playing on dolphin with a ps3 controller do you guys think that is the problem?
You can't shorthop at different heights. You can only shorthop and fullhop.

It sounds like your problem is that you're not going into the laser input quickly enough to have time to shoot two lasers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom