• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
Maybe my memory of Melee is warped a little, but regardless I should have clarified a little more, my bad

When the person is hit by the Doc punch, they don't actually stay on the ground and slide across the stage at mach 1 like I SEEM to remember it in Melee, but in Project M they will actually fly off of the ground into the air yet still receive 1/3rd of the knockback. Yet my warped memory of Melee is telling me that if the person flew off the ground even while CC'ing, they would not take 1/3rd knockback, but receive the full brunt of the original knockback. If the person stayed on the ground then yeah the 1/3rd thing would stay true.

The point I'm trying to get at is that this CC'ing formula I remember to only apply if the victim stayed glued to the surface, and if they obtained air time at any point the CC'ing formula would be thrown in the trash

Am I completely wrong and creating warped senses of reality due to my annoyance of CC'ing, or am I actually on the right track?

Oracle

Smash Master
oracle, it's true that true CC requires commitment, but asdi down on the other hand requires zero commitment whatsoever and can even be done when you have already committed to a move. luckily, it doesn't work for as long as true cc does.
It does if you're charizard!

Scythe

Smash Master
Yet my warped memory of Melee is telling me that if the person flew off the ground even while CC'ing, they would not take 1/3rd knockback, but receive the full brunt of the original knockback. If the person stayed on the ground then yeah the 1/3rd thing would stay true.

Am I completely wrong and creating warped senses of reality due to my annoyance of CC'ing, or am I actually on the right track?
your warped memory of melee is wrong, it's the same.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Played the pro Falco player (who's also coincidentally named Falco) at my college on PM. Holy crap was that a wake-up call. I got destroyed. Demolished. Detrolished. Defaced. Disfigured. Deported. De- well you get the idea.

I hate spacies more than ever now though. He was a pretty chill guy though.

Scythe

Smash Master
all these brawl character are so good at gimping falco that he isn't as big as in issue as he was in melee.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Does anyone know of a video game character or Anime or anything with an up-right standing Cougar/Panther looking character? I was looking to download a Cougar model and import it over a character (which I've done before for Inuyasha characters), but you'd have to make the Cougar stand up-right (which could look ****ed) so if there was any video game that had some standing Cougar/Panther looking guy I could just animate him to mostly run on all fours and stuff. The character could be from anything, because even if it's not specifically already in a video game (which people usually export to sites), a lot of people make fan made models.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I don't think couch canceling should be out right removed, but sometimes there are situations where I think it shouldn't be a strong of an option as it is lol. I think some extensive testing should be performed to dismiss the doubt about it being better in pm than melee.

JOE!

Smash Hero
That's when you pick Peach.
again, peach apparently justifies all CCing ever since she alone keeps it at bay :troll:

I share Mr.Pickle's view here in that while I like cc'ing, there are just some places (zard's jab I mean come on) where there should be like anti-cc properties or such. Especially for characters like Ivysaur who have real trouble vs CCing opponents due to the way most of their moves work.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Ivy's Nair, grab, spaced Fair, Seed Bomb, and tilt Razor Leaf are strong options vs CCing "early on". I genuinely don't see how she has trouble with CCing at any point in a match.

and to answer your question, they're some of my favorites; current Lameboards only allows a limit of five images per sig, so I couldn't add anymore.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ivy's Nair, grab, spaced Fair, Seed Bomb, and tilt Razor Leaf are strong options vs CCing "early on". I genuinely don't see how she has trouble with CCing at any point in a match.
Nair's landing yeah, but it requires her being uncomfortably close. Fair is gahlike but it needs to be spaced just right, and seed bomb/rl don't help in the range where CCing messes with her (around Fair range > close quarters).

and to answer your question, they're some of my favorites; current Lameboards only allows a limit of five images per sig, so I couldn't add anymore.
Figured, just noticed you added aggron and was wondering if it's some sort of awesome nuzlock run or such lol.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Y
Does anyone know of a video game character or Anime or anything with an up-right standing Cougar/Panther looking character? I was looking to download a Cougar model and import it over a character (which I've done before for Inuyasha characters), but you'd have to make the Cougar stand up-right (which could look ****ed) so if there was any video game that had some standing Cougar/Panther looking guy I could just animate him to mostly run on all fours and stuff. The character could be from anything, because even if it's not specifically already in a video game (which people usually export to sites), a lot of people make fan made models.
There is a character from one of the Golden Axe games that fits the bill. http://thoseguys.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/golden_axe-154273-3.jpeg

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
after playing a bunch yesterday, i can safely say

**** MARIO'S DAIIR

BUTT **** IT

and pit is hard as ****, so dont play game n watch play someone else

also, im good at the charizard matchup and the ganon matchup

too good

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Mario is pretty fun, to play as and against.

The cape defies everything however, t-stances, control reversal, basically non-flinch KB, reflection, damage through shields, screwing with momentum and even giving Lucario his spirit bomb for free apparently...

Edit: So I'm not just complaining, what do you guys look for when power shielding projectiles, I always try to time it, but it never works. Anyone have methods or weird ques to look for to make it a bit more consistent?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
...I feel like the last time I was on here was before the layout change. I swear, I like this game, honest!

Just that... there's zero people here who plays it. If anyone is around the kawartha lakes, ON Canada and wants to let some weird 17-year-old with ugly sideburns into their home to suck at luigi I'll love them forever

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Mario is hard to fight against I find. He has the cape, fireball, fantastic aerials and recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom