• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Marth is really really easy for scrubs to pick up and destroy other scrubs with him. But when it comes to high level play, Marth requires a lot more precison. He's actually kinda hard to play optimally. Landing tippers on command isn't as easy as it sounds, especially if the opponent knows it's gonna be the end for them.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Lol at leelue's comment, it sounds funny out of context.

I'm surprised there isn't more people on the thread, maybe all the pm fans finally learned some patience.

shanus

Smash Hero
people need to build the hype meter in order to unlock 2.5. Minimum of 200 active users viewing this thread.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Be careful of what you wish for shanus, the pm fan mob might crash your sites again. Lol was it the first demo that when you guys put it up for download, it crashed within the hour? That was insane, and it goes to show you how hype people get for this game.

shanus

Smash Hero
Be careful of what you wish for shanus, the pm fan mob might crash your sites again. Lol was it the first demo that when you guys put it up for download, it crashed within the hour? That was insane, and it goes to show you how hype people get for this game.
thats the fun of it all though

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Marth is really really easy for scrubs to pick up and destroy other scrubs with him. But when it comes to high level play, Marth requires a lot more precison. He's actually kinda hard to play optimally. Landing tippers on command isn't as easy as it sounds, especially if the opponent knows it's gonna be the end for them.
Besides probably Jigglypuff. Who's easier to play optimally at high level? lol

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
How is jiggs the easiest to play at high level? If that was true, then why is hbox literally the only jiggs dominating the scene?
You're running into several gaps in reasoning here. 1) Again, you're confusing individual player traits and qualities with character requirements. Hbox is kind of an amazing and very patient player. 2) You're confusing capacity with complexity. IE, if the most simplistic character was in the bottom of the tier list, is he no longer the most simplistic character?

We're talking about relative traits in character design. Can you name a character more simplistic than Marth or not?

Even if I was to assume your reasoning. Marth is top 5 of the most successful characters. Thus he must magically be one of the top 5 simplest characters. Your reasoning does not support you.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Torrents don't allow us to accurately track how many people have downloaded the game, which is about the only measure of success we have for a free game.
Well, the current method isn't too accurate, either. It took me almost 10 tries to actually completely download my first copy of 2.0 on launch day (due to the overloaded server), so I alone added a bunch of download counts to the counter.

Internalyzed

Smash Apprentice
Well, the current method isn't too accurate, either. It took me almost 10 tries to actually completely download my first copy of 2.0 on launch day (due to the overloaded server), so I alone added a bunch of download counts to the counter.
You're completely missing the point here. The dev team intends to inflate the download count to gain legitimacy for what is essentially an unsanctioned mod of a Nintendo game. It doesn't matter how many people download it, but rather how many people have seemingly downloaded it.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

shanus

Smash Hero
sadly i cant make that promise.

However, I could share some unannounced features with enough hype

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You're completely missing the point here. The dev team intends to inflate the download count to gain legitimacy for what is essentially an unsanctioned mod of a Nintendo game. It doesn't matter how many people download it, but rather how many people have seemingly downloaded it.
How dare you share our secrets.

You should inflate our download count instead.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
That would be a pretty dumb thing to aim for. If they wanted to present fake download numbers on purpose to brag or whatever, then they could just modify the counter manually to whatever they want. I'm pretty sure the point is to see how truly successful their game is.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Obligatory non-regular post.

Melee player here's hoping the game feels better after the input lag fix. Looking forward to it.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Arguments about who's more difficult/easier to play at high level are dumb because most people are going to have different criteria or are going to weight certain criteria differently for what makes a character difficult or easier to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom