• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
The only thing autopilot about Ness is PK Fire.

If you really want to talk about an autopilot character, you guys need to start hollerin' at DK.

2.5 is fun. Squirtle is awesome. GnW is much better, ROB is fun. Ivy is pree mediocre, but that's okay. Does every character get knocked over by Fox's Shine now? That's weird.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
lol @ stunts pulling peoples legs lol. Talking about that would the PMBR ever consider giving Falcon for his Ftilt a flame effect that way it would be a Easter Egg of his N64 F-smash? or possibly make it a A+B combo? Idk why I just played Smash64 the otherday and realized I do like that better than his Elbow F-smash from Melee. Maybe its because it sets the person on fire idk. Just wondering I know 2.5 development is going on right now I just think that having that would make his character complete in my opinion. its just an idea. Idk I just miss some of his 64 stuff he could do.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
lol @ stunts pulling peoples legs lol. Talking about that would the PMBR ever consider giving Falcon for his Ftilt a flame effect that way it would be a Easter Egg of his N64 F-smash? or possibly make it a A+B combo? Idk why I just played Smash64 the otherday and realized I do like that better than his Elbow F-smash from Melee. Maybe its because it sets the person on fire idk. Just wondering I know 2.5 development is going on right now I just think that having that would make his character complete in my opinion. its just an idea. Idk I just miss some of his 64 stuff he could do.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I had a thought. Remember a while back, when we were discussing Lucario's current bair compared to his vBrawl one, and the advantages & disadvantages of both? What if there was a way to use both, with the one used depending on the input?

Revven

FrankerZ
What if there was a way to use both, with the one used depending on the input?
It would be extremely unprofessional looking to have two moves in one, just like it would be for if you had Fishbowl and 'chute for G&W depending on how much you hold down the A button.

It would just be really, really jarring and not something Lucario needs. Especially if the input wasn't very intuitive and could be accidentally triggered.

Just my opinion.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Aerial normals have never worked like that, and I can't imagine Lucario's Bair of all moves (A fine move) to break that trend.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Hey, just a thought. Basically, I was thinking about if the bair didn't force him to turn around like it does.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
The turn around is a beneficial feature to Lucario. :V

Also you have no idea what a simple thought does to this thread. >_>
I said didn't FORCE. I meant to imply that it would be an option to still turn around, but also an option not to.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Reverse-B AS charge right after Bair :cool:
Do what now? ...oh, right. That trick that I can never for the life of me get right on command, let alone cancel almost immediately after. Christ, how do you people's fingers even work that fast. I'm lucky to keep hold of the controller if I try to act that fast.
Not to mention the fact that your momentum would be going the exact opposite direction that it just was, which still defeats the purpose of what I was talking about. Unless you're talking about a different trick than what I'm thinking of?

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i never could do reverse specials i always end up doing b reverses

like with sheik instead of a reverse needle cancel i end up getting a b reverse needle charge

it's like the same thing i know but i don't want my momentum to shift like that

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Do what now? ...oh, right. That trick that I can never for the life of me get right on command, let alone cancel almost immediately after. Christ, how do you people's fingers even work that fast. I'm lucky to keep hold of the controller if I try to act that fast.
Not to mention the fact that your momentum would be going the exact opposite direction that it just was, which still defeats the purpose of what I was talking about. Unless you're talking about a different trick than what I'm thinking of?
there's reverse b and b reversal (wavebounce) ;x

reverse b would just face you in the opposite direction without a momentum change. i think you have to input the backwards command a few frames before inputting the b command, but (obviously) have the stick back neutral.

you would bair, charge as the direction you were facing originally, then cancel as immediately.

the other would change your momentum, and i think the inputs for that are... hit b, then a few frames after you hit b, hit the control stick? i'm really not fully sure on that one.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i actually find the reversed b moves really easy to do. it's like running away with doc and then jumping and shooting a pill behind you.

the only catch with lucaryu is that if you're not careful, you can accidentally input a+b and spirit bomb out on accident. or forcepalm on accident. it's just practice.

metroid1117

Smash Master
In case anyone's interested, here's some of the results for today's tournament (~23 entrants):

1) Rat :sonicbrawl:
2) metroid :charizardbrawl:
3) MattDotZeb :falcobrawl:
4) Kirk :bowserbrawl:
5) ORLY :bowserbrawl:/:falconbrawl:
5) Oro :linkbrawl:

Videos will be up sometime early this week.

As a side note, playing against people who have no Charizard experience is fun.

Rat

Smash Lord
Sonic vs Charizard Grand Finals. wat!

Someone better remind everyone that those are some low tier characters. You know before people get the impression that there good or something.

iLink

Smash Champion
I never thought I'd see a Charizard place over a Falco lol

Also that thing with Ike reminds me of something I've been fiddling around with marth. If you do a SH fair and whiff or hit a shield, you can do a dancing blade in the opposite direction, then immediately hit forward again right when it starts up, you get this backwards momentum while still facing forward and throwing out a dancing blade to cover you. I've been playing brawl since forever and still have no idea what people call this, probably same wavebounce or b reversal jank.

EDIT: With the WiiU coming out, does anyone know if the hackless method would work on it?

metroid1117

Smash Master
sonic vs charizard isnt fun tho right =[

i got 2nd at a tourney with charizard too today =] pp won of course.
It's certainly a bad match-up, but it's not that terrible; I got 3-0'd in WF, but in GF I managed to win two games and brought the 5th game to last-hit-last-stock.

Congratulations on getting 2nd at your tournament! This has been a good weekend for Charizard :p. Will there be videos?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Neat, 2 bowsers.

...why is it the big guy always ends up in the top 5, but never gets 1st or second? :/

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Because he is too fat.

Also, for the guy talking about making GnW better, if they keep a ton of the changes he got in the 2.5 build I played with buckofive he'll be a-ok.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
In case anyone's interested, here's some of the results for today's tournament (~23 entrants):

1) Rat :sonicbrawl:
2) metroid :charizardbrawl:
3) MattDotZeb :falcobrawl:
4) Kirk :bowserbrawl:
5) ORLY :bowserbrawl:/:falconbrawl:
5) Oro :linkbrawl:

Videos will be up sometime early this week.

As a side note, playing against people who have no Charizard experience is fun.
sonic vs charizard isnt fun tho right =[

i got 2nd at a tourney with charizard too today =] pp won of course.
Please post your results here: http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-2099.html

We had a small local as well:

Project M Doubles (Round robin, $5 entry):
1. JCaesar :mario2: :marth: and cmart :bowser2: ($35) 4-0
2. Hat :sheik: :falcon: and DOSV :fox: ($10) 3-1
3. Turbo :dedede: and JSP :ike: ($5) 2-2
4. JJvirus :rob: and Remo :falcon: 1-3
5. 9K :dedede: :pikachu2: and CTL :jigglypuff: :falcon: 0-4

Project M Singles ($10 entry):
1. Hat :sheik: :falcon:($60)
2. CTL :luigi2: :dk2: :falcon: ($30)
3. DOSV :fox: :wolf: :falco: ($10)
4. Remo :falcon: :wario:
5. cmart :bowser2: :gw:
5. JCaesar :mario2: :marth:
7. JSP :ike:
7. 9K :dedede:
9. JJvirus :rob:
9. Turbo :dedede:

There will be videos soonish, and I also recorded a money match vs Remo. It was his first tournament.

I like how the doubles and singles results seem to have no relation to each other haha.

Neat, 2 bowsers.

...why is it the big guy always ends up in the top 5, but never gets 1st or second? :/
cmart has won a local or two with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom