• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriscapnz

Smash Apprentice
I Mean Standard Brawl Is Wonderful For Me IVe Only Played pm Once, What The %#!@ Is Up With Wolf's Guna I Mean That Makes My Ledge Grab Gun Hopp Offense Bullcrap With Wolf. /:

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
uh is wolf's shine always gonna be able to get CC'ed because that seems really bad for him.
Crouch cancel... Is that where crouching causes the knockback to get all weird, making you instantly hit the ground instead of going anywhere? (Well, you slide along the ground, but that's it)

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
Sort of like that Leaf.

I do hope that they fix it (if it's possible with current knowledge) because that's one of the few things that are holding him back, if any other than less than a year's worth of metagame development

metroid1117

Smash Master
How do you guys do like, tournaments and stuff.

Like how can you get people to drive hundreds of miles to go someplace.
Apparently, there's a series of Brawl monthlies in IA. They haven't had one since August, but you can keep your eye on the thread and bring a PM setup for friendlies for the next one.

whoa whoa charizard in grand finals? when will you admit that you're at least an above average player metroid?
I guess I'm better than the average player, but I doubt I would've been as successful yesterday if people had match-up experience (i.e. ORLY).

Please post your results here: http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-2099.html

We had a small local as well:

Project M Doubles (Round robin, $5 entry):
1. JCaesar :mario2: :marth: and cmart :bowser2: ($35) 4-0
2. Hat :sheik: :falcon: and DOSV :fox: ($10) 3-1
3. Turbo :dedede: and JSP :ike: ($5) 2-2
4. JJvirus :rob: and Remo :falcon: 1-3
5. 9K :dedede: :pikachu2: and CTL :jigglypuff: :falcon: 0-4

Project M Singles ($10 entry):
1. Hat :sheik: :falcon:($60)
2. CTL :luigi2: :dk2: :falcon: ($30)
3. DOSV :fox: :wolf: :falco: ($10)
4. Remo :falcon: :wario:
5. cmart :bowser2: :gw:
5. JCaesar :mario2: :marth:
7. JSP :ike:
7. 9K :dedede:
9. JJvirus :rob:
9. Turbo :dedede:

There will be videos soonish, and I also recorded a money match vs Remo. It was his first tournament.

I like how the doubles and singles results seem to have no relation to each other haha.
Sure, I'll make sure the full results are posted there once they're up. I want to wait until I get my videos uploaded to supplement the results though.

Also, who's Hat? He did some serious work.

Crouch cancel... Is that where crouching causes the knockback to get all weird, making you instantly hit the ground instead of going anywhere? (Well, you slide along the ground, but that's it)
Crouch canceling also reduces hitstun, which is why it's so effective against mis-spaced aerials at low %s.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
I never thought I'd see a Charizard place over a Falco lol

Also that thing with Ike reminds me of something I've been fiddling around with marth. If you do a SH fair and whiff or hit a shield, you can do a dancing blade in the opposite direction, then immediately hit forward again right when it starts up, you get this backwards momentum while still facing forward and throwing out a dancing blade to cover you. I've been playing brawl since forever and still have no idea what people call this, probably same wavebounce or b reversal jank.

EDIT: With the WiiU coming out, does anyone know if the hackless method would work on it?
Yes that is a wavebounce, I like to use it to recover sometimes because it allows you to rising bair to the ledge. Also i doubt anyone will know until the Wiiu is out lol.

:phone:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The Wii U is out.

Sure, I'll make sure the full results are posted there once they're up. I want to wait until I get my videos uploaded to supplement the results though.

Also, who's Hat? He did some serious work..
You can always edit your post to add in the videos later. But it's up to you.

Hat is a local Melee player. He doesn't travel so he's not known well outside MD/VA, but he is one of the top Melee players in MD right now.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
*Looks at tourney results*

It's funny. People teaming with me is usually a disaster, but in singles, I tend to get thrown out early by those most likely to end up in finals. My presence is both a curse and blessing v_v

and I agree 100% that Fushigisou has the cutest voice clips

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
The Wii U is out.
I have to say this has been one of the most unhyped console releases ever. Where I live they ran like one commercial. And the media has made NO nevermind about it at all.

Anyways, why you no go ROB? Isn't he your love-child lol.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I have to say this has been one of the most unhyped console releases ever. Where I live they ran like one commercial. And the media has made NO nevermind about it at all.

Anyways, why you no go ROB? Isn't he your love-child lol.
It's hyped enough that I wasn't able to get one on launch.

And I didn't go ROB because he's gotten pretty significant changes between 2.1 and 2.5 and I can't play him in 2.1 anymore.

And I should really stop using Marth >_>

Except vs Ike of course. That matchup is free.

JCaesar why you sandbaggin son

:phone:
No sandbagging. I made a few poor counterpick choices, and Melee tops used by Melee players are still my Achilles' heel, and I couldn't use my main for the reasons above, but no johns, I got what I deserved. I'm rather proud of how well cmart and I played in teams though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not the most free. Recovering is still impossible lol OH YOU DIDN'T SWEETSPOT PERFECTLY? DTILT! YOU HIT ME? I'M HOLDING DOWN SPAMMING DTILT I GOTCHA

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Okay, I think I figured out what my problem with Lucario's fall speed is. It's not that he falls too fast; it's that his gravity is too high. He accelerates too fast for me.

I inserted Ivysaur's Japanese voice files into an English brsar, but because it makes Ivy's voice pack larger than the English one, I can't make a sawndz file for it. ;-;
/offtopic

The Wii U is out.
wat

metroid1117

Smash Master
Are you suggesting the match-up is really bad?

Because it really isn't that bad.
^ This. Charizard has a hard time getting in, but he hits and edgeguards Falco really hard. I don't think it's in Charizard's favor though.

As a side note, I also beat MattDotZeb's Falco in a $2 money match after the tournament. I'm splitting the videos right now.

Shameless plug: Everyone should support VGBootCamp and tune in to the ROM5 stream! You don't even have to watch, you can just open the stream and mute the volume - every view helps!

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey guys, here's the full results and all of the recorded matches from yesterdays' tournament.

[collapse=Project M Doubles Bracket]Project M Doubles

1: Rat + Oro!? ($54.00)
2: Kirk + ORLY!? ($16.00)
3: Scythe + MattDotZeb ($10.00)
4: Al+ Jeff
5: Metroid + Nap
5: TomR + MattR
7: 5-1 + Tripwire
7: Spoon + Trail

Project M Doubles Bracket:

PM Doubles
WR1 - 1-5+Tripwire (Marth+Jiggs) vs Scythe+MDZ (Mario/Ganon+Falco)
LR1 - 1-5+tripwire (marth+jiggs) vs NAP+metroid (Charizards) <-------------------- this is the funniest moment in the entire tournament
LR2 - TGD+Alcheato (Ike+Mario) vs NAP+metroid (Charizards)[/collapse]
[collapse=Project M Singles Pools]Project M Pools [23 Entrants] (Top 16 to bracket)

1: Oro!?
1: Rat
1: Metroid
1: MattDotZeb
5: Kirk
5: Plasma
5: Scythe
5: ORLY!?
9: 5-1
9: DarkAtma
9: Alcheato
9: Tripwire
13: Arty
13: MattR
13: Norm
13: Lolly
17: John
17: TheAssDoctor
17: BW
17: Trail
21: Spoon
21: 616
21: Baron von BonBon

PM Singles Pools
Trail (Bowser/Ganon) vs MDZ (Falco)
ORLY (Bowser/Falcon) vs Trail (Bowser)
ORLY (Bowser) vs MDZ (Falco)
Matt R (Fox) vs Lolly (Lucario)
metroid (Charizard) vs Alcheato (Mario)
metroid (Charizard) vs B.W. (Link/TL)
Alcheato (Mario) vs Norm (Bowser)
??? (Sheik) vs TGD (Dedede)
??? (Snake) vs Kirk (Bowser)
Lolly (Lucario) vs Trail (Ganon)
B.W. (Link) vs Alcheato (Mario)
Arty (Lucas) vs Kirk (Bowser)
Scythe (Wolf) vs metroid (Charizard)
5-1 (Lucario+ROB) vs Kirk (Bowser)
ORLY (Bowser/Falcon) vs Tripwire (Zelda/Lucario)[/collapse]
[collapse=Project M Singles Bracket]Project M Singles

1: Rat ($69.00)
2: Metroid ($35.00)
3: MattDotZeb ($11.00)
4: Kirk
5: ORLY!?
5: Oro!?
7: DarkAtma
7: MattR
9: Tripwire
9: Scythe
9: Plasma
9: 5-1
13: Arty
13: Norm
13: Alcheato
13: Lolly

Project M Singles Bracket:

PM Singles Bracket
WR1 - Kirk (Bowser) vs Alcheato (Mario)
WR1 - MDZ (Falco) vs Matt R (Fox)
WR1 - metroid (Charizard) vs Arty (Lucas)
WR2 - MDZ (Falco) vs Kirk (Bowser)
WR2 - metroid (Charizard) vs Plasma (Sheilda)
WS - metroid (Charizard) vs ORLY (Bowser/Falcon)
WS - Rat (Sonic) vs MDZ (Falco)
WF - metroid (Charizard) vs Rat (Sonic)
LR1 - Alcheato (ROB+Mario) vs Matt R (Fox)
LR4 - ORLY (Bowser) vs Kirk (Bowser)
LS - Kirk (Bowser) vs MDZ (Falco)
LF - metroid (Charizard) vs MDZ (Falco)
GF - metroid (Charizard) vs Rat (Sonic)[/collapse]
Misc.
Friendlies - metroid (Charizard) vs Oro (Link)
$2 MM - metroid (Charizard) vs MDZ (Falco)

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I think Ness's dash attack reflects projectiles, and Lucas's side-smash (at least in vBrawl) reflects projectiles.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Why does bowser's fire not stop falco's up B?
Why would fire stop a flaming space bird?
It does after 3 or 4 hits from the fire on the up-b. I don't know the exact count, but you can fight through it briefly before getting knocked out of your firebird.

You can use it to your advantage though and DI toward bowser's mouth and shine him. Just need to get the timing and directions right.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Reconfirming that Falco beats Bowser in P:M.

Me vs ORLY (Pools)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M4P7L4EACQ

Me vs Kirk (Bracket, Winners)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnWIxOdsa4g&feature=plcp

Me vs Kirk (Bracket, Losers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eJrSvNToxk&feature=plcp

He combos the heck out of Bowser.
Just wait till I learn the Falco matchup better lol.

I don't know about him flat out beating bowser...our sets were all last game last stock. Seems like a slight advantage though.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I think Ness's dash attack reflects projectiles, and Lucas's side-smash (at least in vBrawl) reflects projectiles.
His DA...? Of all the random... At least the bat makes sense! (Picture Ness hitting back Samus's Charge Shot and you'll understand.)
And PM Lucas's fsmash reflects. That's why I was wondering about Ness's fsmash.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Just wait till I learn the Falco matchup better lol.

I don't know about him flat out beating bowser...our sets were all last game last stock. Seems like a slight advantage though.
Hey man, to be fair I'm still learning the bowser MU. I just know that SHFFL Fair is amazing and that's how I win.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Aw. :( I was hoping to bypass the character blocking (incomplete characters aren't on the CSS) by installing a custom CSS. It didn't work. The character slots that would have the blocked characters just change you to be Mario once you start the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom