• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Oh, and I will say this. That freaky spike thing that Lucario can get off of ES? Um... there it is. That. That does need to go.
I henceforth dub this the Bubba Spike. It's most effective on Elis Wolves. :cool:

This is a byproduct of Wolf's fast falling speed and ExtremeSpeed's lack of knockback, I believe.
It works on everyone, but it's most effective on fast fallers if they're being hit downwards. The ES can also make them slide horizontally (ground) or diagonally (air). I'm pretty sure I've heard of people being scooped and flung underneath stages by recovering Lukes.

Congrats, you made me actually boot up my Wii to check ****.

That picture would be correct.
Please excuse my horrible artwork. :awesome:

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Well SMK, I have an GCC usb adapter which I use to play on the ps3.

However, the ps3 was programmed to recognize its own controller on the usb port, unless the pro controller goes into a usb port, it probably won't work.

People will have to make a GCC adapter for the wii remotes then, if there isn't any already.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
If you really want to talk about an autopilot character, you guys need to start hollerin' at DK.
Mario is, like, the most autopiloty character on the face of the Earth. Everything just clicks together for this guy. I almost feel.....dirty playing him. :smash:

2.5 is fun. Squirtle is awesome. GnW is much better, ROB is fun. Ivy is pree mediocre, but that's okay.
Been sayin' for a while now that Ivysaur was a little meh. Just played her for the third time the other day, and my opinion of her was solidified. I still love her gameplay, though, I just wish she was a little more solid like Samus... :(

Aerial normals have never worked like that, and I can't imagine Lucario's Bair of all moves (A fine move) to break that trend.
Until Marth, aerial normals never used to turn around characters either. Just sayin'.....

#Devil'sAdvocate

He was saying reverse b, not b reverse...

@bubba: you can end side b...
I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about when you say that. Could I get some clarification? :confused:

Sonic vs Charizard Grand Finals. wat!

Someone better remind everyone that those are some low tier characters. You know before people get the impression that there good or something.
They're not low, they're just kinda bad mid. I've been saying that people were sleepin' on Zard. :p

Also that thing with Ike reminds me of something I've been fiddling around with marth. If you do a SH fair and whiff or hit a shield, you can do a dancing blade in the opposite direction, then immediately hit forward again right when it starts up, you get this backwards momentum while still facing forward and throwing out a dancing blade to cover you. I've been playing brawl since forever and still have no idea what people call this, probably same wavebounce or b reversal jank.
It's a wavebounce, or as the new kids call it these days, an RBR. :cool:

Someone grant me strength and a character that beats Falco.
Lucario, Marth, Ike, Snake.......Fox on FD :awesome:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Your artwork is excused for the fact that somehow that practice for b boosting made it a million times easier for me to do wavebounces.

:phone:

Zef

Smash Ace
im a lil late, but, since we CAN run P:M on the wii u but we can't use GC controllers/pro controllers.. can't we make a gecko code similar to the one that was made for DK returns that allowed you to use the classic controller??

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
im a lil late, but, since we CAN run P:M on the wii u but we can't use GC controllers/pro controllers.. can't we make a gecko code similar to the one that was made for DK returns that allowed you to use the classic controller??
Um..no. The problem is there's no physical ports for the GC controllers of the Wii U. A Gecko code wouldn't fix that.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Neat, 2 bowsers.

...why is it the big guy always ends up in the top 5, but never gets 1st or second? :/
Same goes for Zard, now that you mention it..... :ohwell:

uh is wolf's shine always gonna be able to get CC'ed because that seems really bad for him.
That has already been brought up and discussed more times than I care to remember. Wolf's a balanced character, but he's not as good as his OP cousins. Deal with it. :pimp:

Wolf is an amazing character as he is.
The other spacies are just stupid for no good reason.

Discuss
Discussion's over. :smirk:

Yes that is a wavebounce, I like to use it to recover sometimes because it allows you to rising bair to the ledge.
Could you please fill me in on how you use a wavebounce with Marth to rising bair to the ledge during your recovery? :confused:

Not the most free. Recovering is still impossible lol OH YOU DIDN'T SWEETSPOT PERFECTLY? DTILT! YOU HIT ME? I'M HOLDING DOWN SPAMMING DTILT I GOTCHA
Lolz! Let's not forget that Eruption hits too far down for Marth to sweetspot the ledge. GUARANTEED METEOR!!!!! :smash:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
im talking about the pro controller....
Well, no, that wouldn't work either. Considering we still can't use the CC in GC mode on a Wii, and the Wii U hasn't even been really hacked yet, I don't think getting Wii U stuff in Wii mode is going to be feasible.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Diem,t someone make a FCC for wiimote already?..

Also... If I rbr while I still have momentum from being knocked out of the stage, do I fly towards the stage?..

metroid1117

Smash Master
Neat, 2 bowsers.

...why is it the big guy always ends up in the top 5, but never gets 1st or second? :/
Same goes for Zard, now that you mention it..... :ohwell:
Stingers and I both placed 2nd with Charizard in tournaments this past weekend and Kirk placed first with Bowser (beating Rat's Sonic in GF) in the two IL tournaments before this one.

Kati

Smash Lord
The new final destination looks fantastic in regards to both the new model and background.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think he would turn around, but I think his original momentum would still keep carrying him in the original direction.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I think he would turn around, but I think his original momentum would still keep carrying him in the original direction.
uh why would he turn around?.. he should at least just attack in the direction he was already facing...

Edit: had someone test it, and it does move you towards the stage...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
^^^@Max: That's why I said B Reversing would turn him around, but would not stop or change the knockback of the attack

cannedbread

Smash Lord
revven confirmed

I just read elsewhere and someone tried it: the exploit still works. Yes, this means folks, you can run Project M on a Wii U.

Unfortunately, you would be limited to the Classic Controller... but still! You can definitely run it and all the related homebrew that still work on the latest firmware. Nintendo was lazy enough to not bother blocking any of it.

I am speechless right now. LOL

I guess Nintendo has the confidence that the Wii OS homebrew stuff will never actually leak anywhere into the Wii U's OS... it'll be quite interesting to see what happens next.

Edit: I wonder how well a GCN to USB adapter would work on a Wii U...... PROBABLY not at all is my guess but it would be cool if one was made for it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
!!!

If an adapter was made, and it worked, and I got to use my GC controller for PM AND the next Smash, I'd be the happiest muffin man ever

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Damn Eli, I would've gone to NY this week, but as it is it's gonna be hard for me to get back there, I'm workin 6 nine hour days in construction now, but the hours are gonna get cut soon, I'll let you know buddy

Rikana

Smash Champion
Cannedbread, that article states that they've been notified that people can access debug menu though. Dunno if that is part of the 5gb update.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
So yea, a little bit later today I'll be streaming some P:M with Strong Bad

We're still doing 3 minute button checks

I'll let you know when we're ready
Yes it'll be 2.5

Still doing button checks.

#Lollipops
We're still doing button checks
So, uh, did those "button checks" ever finish? I've been out of the loop for a while.....

That only makes sense if you think about it. By using the unfinished characters you're basically accessing unfinished content, content which probably will freeze the game and won't work in a manner that is professional or in accordance with the project's goals. It only makes sense they wouldn't want you to be able to use the unfinished characters when by doing so you could be casting P:M in a negative light.
Sheesh! Crucify him, why don't you? :scared:

Hey guys! I'm back LOL. Sorry that I haven't been around- I've been pretty swamped with IRL stuff as of late so I haven't been doing much of anything smash related in awhile.

My situation is a little more stable now, so I'll look to get on top of things once again.

Apologies once again! :p
He said "LOL"........ Daze has been ignoring us all to play LoL! It's over!! No one cares about us anymore!!! We'll never get our updates! :crazy:

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
!!!

If an adapter was made, and it worked, and I got to use my GC controller for PM AND the next Smash, I'd be the happiest muffin man ever
The problem with using a adapter is that you still have the same problems as with a CC controller (ie no buffer on c-stick, no analog shoulder buttons) unless you had an adapter to Wii U pro controllers, which a Wii U running in Wii mode doesn't have access to. I heard games get upscaled to 1080p though so Project M on a Wii U would be pretty cool if you use the classic controller/for ****s and giggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom