• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
To Hylian and Oro and the rest of the people who want to see Link vs. DK, we do a set at about the 1 hour mark in the video. We do more later but I don't remember when.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
1:03:30

You are welcome

SB you did some dirty dirty in that vid, Cargo Fthrow regrab if they don't DI away? Eww

Also not gonna lie, looking at some of this it looks pretty even. I feel like you have to be VERY careful using Nair, especially the weaker hit of it, vs DK because if you do it too much he'll just CC and grab you for it. That honestly looks like the most reliable way for DK to get in, is to get close enough that boomerang/bomb would be too slow to pull out and CC something into grab.

How well does reverse Utilt work vs Link's Nair or Bair? I feel like you could trade or win and put Link in a worse spot.

leelue

Smash Lord
You can get regrabbed even if you Di away
Confessions of a ganon player

Bbk using Wave terminology instead of RBR injects arbitraryness into the naming. Waveland, dash, shine... all use airdodges. Wavebounce breaks the trend

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Well superwavedash breaks that rule as well, but a more common trend is for techniques involving sliding along the ground to include wave-.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Can I get a link to the consensus or current discussion on the characters that are not yet implemented such as Kirby?

I am curious how such a horrendous character will be adapted for PM and want to make sure he is not OP.

Also MetaKnight, I wonder if it is possible to balance him without making him a joke character, given his innate attributes. Getting him just right seems difficult and I just want to know where the PM team is heading.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I also like how people somehow make conclusions from watching friendlies LOL

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I will be able to stream since I've got my own place now with good net. Need to pick up some recording equipment, though.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Bbk using Wave terminology instead of RBR injects arbitraryness into the naming. Waveland, dash, shine... all use airdodges. Wavebounce breaks the trend
Well superwavedash breaks that rule as well, but a more common trend is for techniques involving sliding along the ground to include wave-.
^This. Wave techniques generally encompass tricks to move quickly laterally along the stage. The term wavedash is also used in other fighting games, but it's for a similar purpose. "Wave-" isn't specific to Smash.

iLink

Smash Champion
I cant think of a single fighting game where "wave" is used outside of the term wavedash and isn't almost exactly what wavedashing is in melee.

:phone:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I can, and it's almost every FG that exists that isn't Smash. In every other FG, wavedashing consists of a quick dash that can be cancelled almost immediately by a certain other action. In UMvC3, it's crouch, so to wavedash consecutively, you dash > crouch > dash > crouch repeatedly really, really fast, so it looks like you're hobbling across the screen quickly. In MK (or was it Tekken....can't remember), it's by by blocking during the dash, so to wavedash consecutively, you input double tap forward > block button > forward once > block > forward > block. In other words, other FG's wavedashes consist of cutting the lag of a dash entirely (dashes have practically no startup in those games either). In Melee, a WD always has a set amount of landing lag (10 frames). It's much less safe than wavedashes in other games and is used very differently.

Tl;dr - In other fighting games, a wavedash is a way of making a dash safe. In Smash, a wavedash is a way of moving quickly while opening yourself up to some risk. Two very different things, tbh.

Edit: In fact, if anything, Melee wavedashing is actually extremely similar to a technique in other games, like Marvel, called triangle jumping. Triangle jumping consists of jumping and then air dashing towards the ground immediately after the jump. It looks just like a Melee wavedash and it has similar risk. In Marvel, some chars are better off using wavedashing over triangle jumping and some are the opposite. Doom is interesting in that he can't wavedash and he can only triangle jump for fast movement.

#TheMoreYouKnow

iLink

Smash Champion
You totally read my post wrong. I know very well that wavedashing is in other fighting games and how to do them. I said the word "wave" isnt used outside of the term wavedash.

Edit: and no, wavedashing isnt just a way to make dashing safe, doing an attack out of a dash is still considered a wavedash. I've been playing fighting games since the cvs2 days so you dont need to lecture me on this, i know very well how doom and mvc2/mvc3 works :p
:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom