• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
But its not making the dash safe, yet being a wavedash.

Wavedash is used as a blanket term in fighters as a quick forward or back motion usually being able to be canceled. Its really all the same, just how its done and the applications are different.

Thats why I've alwaya felt that wavebounce was kind of a silly name and could have something more fitting

:phone:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Guys.

Who cares? This discussion is repetitive and stupid.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I see what you're saying, but a wavebounce still involves a "quick forward or backward" motion, and about the 'cancelling' part, well, Melee wavedashes can't be cancelled (and neither can wave- anything). I still think it fits. It would probably make sense if the term "wavebounce" was expanded to encompass both B-reversals and RBR's, since they both involve the same complete change in momentum. As it is now, it's kinda confusing that a WB = only RBR and that it's actually different from a B-reversal. That's what I've gathered from observing everyone's discussions about the term here.

Anyway, it's all semantics. I won't mind if everyone just starts using solely RBR but I'm still gonna use WB. Perhaps the general definition of WB should also be expanded so it isn't so confusing when it's used...

Edit: But Hylian, we're still on-topic, right? :p

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I didn't say you had to stop lol I just don't see the point. This same discussion was already had in this thread, and it had a conclusion.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I noticed today that i can't platform cancel on smashville by just tapping down on the platform anymore, i can only platform cancel if i do the double stick method

anyone know why it got taken out? im not really complaining, just would like to know

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I noticed today that i can't platform cancel on smashville by just tapping down on the platform anymore, i can only platform cancel if i do the double stick method

anyone know why it got taken out? im not really complaining, just would like to know
Well..you can waveland...so platform cancelling is kind of pointless.

iLink

Smash Champion
Considering platform canceling can be acted out of faster then a wavedash, I wouldnt say its really useless.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Shouldn't this whole arguement end at, "You sound like an idiot when you say wavebounce"?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Okay, so. I know this is completely random, but I actually want to see a stream of the expert players here taking on Cruel Brawl in P:M. Eli, Leelue, Bubba... um... ****, I don't know any other names. You know who you guys are.

EDIT: Um. Did you guys do something with the item mechanics? I just grabbed someone while holding a Star Rod. .-.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
R.I.P. buffer.

But seriously not complaining since I never went above 3 frames of buffer to pull off crazy moves I had trouble with (yeah yeah scrub mode I don't care).

It makes wi-fi matches easier to coordinate between one standardized buffer system on/off so that's a plus too.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I'm confused, what are those (the added things)? I just see that you're starting with different life numbers...

abcool

Smash Ace
I'm confused, what are those (the added things)? I just see that you're starting with different life numbers...
This is a crew battle. You see the part where the players jump off for the next match to even up the stocks. Well this new mode helps to skip all of that and make this process a lot more easier. The second one is just a 3 frame buffer window. http://youtu.be/B18EuHxBn1w

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
PMBR:

Are you guys considering perhaps making each stock bubble a solid color to make them easier to see (poor eyesight and standard tv).

There is this little white bubble inside each one that looks like it's reflecting light and it makes it harder to see. If it was just a solid color it would look better without being a distracting change.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
PMBR:

Are you guys considering perhaps making each stock bubble a solid color to make them easier to see (poor eyesight and standard tv).

There is this little white bubble inside each one that looks like it's reflecting light and it makes it harder to see. If it was just a solid color it would look better without being a distracting change.
This.

Please.

So we can learn to pick ourselves up

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
http://www.twitch.tv/jcaesar

We're gonna start in a minute or two. Only people here so far are Turbo and Posthumuses (from the #projectm IRC if you know him. This is his first time playing with tournament players so that should be interesting). We'll definitely be doing some crew battles later when more people are here.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I seem to remember suggesting lighter color on edges of stocks and pmbr person saying you can't.... Another breakthrough?..

I'm not proposing anything that complicated like different shading. I'm saying take away the white bubble inside the stock. That alone would make a tremendous difference.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Is it feasible to make the game skip Super Sudden Death and automatically decide the winner by percent? That would be a great addition.

leelue

Smash Lord
Okay, so. I know this is completely random, but I actually want to see a stream of the expert players here taking on Cruel Brawl in P:M. Eli, Leelue, Bubba... um... ****, I don't know any other names. You know who you guys are.

EDIT: Um. Did you guys do something with the item mechanics? I just grabbed someone while holding a Star Rod. .-.
The item grab thing can happen when you are turning around. It will be taken care of someday.

ALSO
for what it's worth
Eli, you just got put in the same category as Bubbaking. Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom