• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
What color is this Charizard that was on JCaesar's stream? Is it a new green team or something else?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Hmm, I didn't recognize it as Tyranitar colors, but I still like the way it's made. I was just wondering whether it was a replacement green texture or one of the "extra" ones (since right after I posted my question, I heard them say that this was coming with the 2.5 download).

My favorite is still Aerodactyl colors though. That texture is really nice looking.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I noticed another one on the stream that was blue with a yellow stomach. Is that, like... Snorlax or something? I hope that these are replacing the 2.1 team colors, because those didn't look that good.

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm still sad that none if the devs would do the csp requests for the new charizard colors

SJS only does them for a short time and doesnt want to bother doing zard now that he finished with his recent one.

:phone:

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Though Nintendo started the gen with a line of slow-paced games for some reason. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy... even the turn-based Pokémon got slower in Diamond and Pearl due to startup lag at the beginning of battles, and slower running/biking/surfing.
Brawl is obvious and D/P I can't speak for since I don't play Pokemon at anything resembling a serious level, but SMG? I never thought that was particularly slow, or at least if it was it wasn't any slower than SM64.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I hope we don't get hideous new textures like that green zard.

Remember guys, new textures are supposed to be better looking than the old ones.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Green texture we got wasn't to make Zard look better it was to make him look like he was on green team.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Is there going to be an update filled with tons of details about different colors/textures that 2.5 will have?

I think that would make a good update if it isn't already planned.

:phone:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Brawl is obvious and D/P I can't speak for since I don't play Pokemon at anything resembling a serious level, but SMG? I never thought that was particularly slow, or at least if it was it wasn't any slower than SM64.
Well, the slowness isn't really problematic since it's a space game, I guess, but compare Galaxy to Super Mario Sunshine. In Sunshine, faster play in general is more required (by level design I think), and Mario can move really fast with that diving belly-flop thing, which he doesn't have in Galaxy. Plus, Sunshine kind of feels less rounded-off than Galaxy, sort of like Melee's rigidness compared to Brawl's.

Wait... Zubat doesn't have a yellow belly.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I noticed another one on the stream that was blue with a yellow stomach. Is that, like... Snorlax or something? I hope that these are replacing the 2.1 team colors, because those didn't look that good.
Yes, some 2.1 team colors will be replaced for better looking textures thanks to ds22 coding and kizzu's texture talents.

And well, SM64 is certainly much faster than galaxy specially because of the dive attack, the gravity seems to be a little higher as well.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
So I figured out that my non-Bowser P:M main will be Gdubs, as well. I don't care if he's bad because I have Bowser <3

still getting used to playing him in P:M though. I pulled off some cool stuff in a training session with a friend last night like im not sure if it was a real combo or not but I upsmash>Up-B>into a bacon> upsmash

don't ask me how it worked it had to do with stage shenanigans i think but still it was so ****

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
So I figured out that my non-Bowser P:M main will be Gdubs, as well. I don't care if he's bad because I have Bowser <3

still getting used to playing him in P:M though. I pulled off some cool stuff in a training session with a friend last night like im not sure if it was a real combo or not but I upsmash>Up-B>into a bacon> upsmash

don't ask me how it worked it had to do with stage shenanigans i think but still it was so ****
i vote myself for what may be potentially the stupidest GnW combo ever

**** didnt make sense when i did it, and it still doesnt hueheuhe

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
ugh

because of 64, melee and P:M i can't play brawl- anymore

i keep trying to l cancel but its just not there

i also try to wavedash and can't (cept fox, but he may end up being my main it that game)

additionally, I don't understand the input assist. not its function but its existence. buffer is mad dumb

by turning off input assist does that remove the universal 1 frame buffer/button check?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
That's so janky haha. It looks like both of you need to work on L cancelling, though.
naw, i can do it consistently - we were playing on a flatscreen with fair amount of lag (still somewhat playable, just couldnt play technical characters like fox and such)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Say it 3 times in the bathroom with the lights out to the mirror, and he'll eat your babies too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom