• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Awesome to hear it may be possible at some point in the future Daze.

The other thing I wonder is why wasn't the damage ratio option removed and the buffer scale put over it? Nobody uses damage ratio just like nobody chooses to hide the damage gauge.

Obviously it would apply to all characters like input assistance, but it wouldn't be so restrictive over damage ratio since you could scale it up or down.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The lack of scaling on input assistance is intentional.
I know. Just wanted to make an alternative suggestion in case it wasn't considered before.

To be honest it isn't 3 being the max that bothers me, it's that I can't scale it down. If I just want a frame or 2 I'm screwed.

Pro players may disagree, but I find scaling down to be a good tool for getting used to a character and then taking it off. All or nothing doesn't allow that process to happen.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I am outraged, let the TO decide what's allowed, and let the player ween themselves at their wishing.

It's like taking the unrestricted camera away again.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Actually I disagree 100% on buffer. I think the 3% limit and on, off function is perfect. They are making the game, let them decide =p
Case and point, camera doesn't effect gameplay, buffer does. Quite a bit actually imo.
:phone:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Actually I disagree 100% on buffer. I think the 3% limit and on, off function is perfect. They are making the game, let them decide =p

:phone:
I also agree with the 3 frame limit. You don't need anymore than that. Most people don't go above that either.

But I also think reasonable people can conclude not having downscaling is a bad thing for new players and long-time players who like fewer frames.

But if dismissing that population of players to make a point about PM's competitveness is what the developers want, can't do anything about it but explain why I thought it was a bad move.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I thought the prior system of setting whatever handicap you wanted was fine. Competitively you would have buffer off, so for any other purpose there's no reason to limit it.

Revven

FrankerZ
I thought the prior system of setting whatever handicap you wanted was fine. Competitively you would have buffer off, so for any other purpose there's no reason to limit it.
There were quite a few issues with TOs deciding to allow adjustable buffer on, they didn't even put a cap on the amount of buffer. It wasn't being used for its intended purposes (WiFi, practicing) and instead was being used for the sake of players who hadn't adjusted to the game's normal precise timings, while other players had adjusted accordingly. With this change, buffer will be used for what its original intent was while TOs still do have the option of allowing buffer... however, it would be at the cost of the other players having it on as well (since it affects all players, instead of having differing levels of buffer between them).

This wasn't a decision that was made instantaneously or whatever.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ah, well that's your/the problem. Tell the TO's nay

Revven

FrankerZ
Ah, well that's your/the problem. Tell the TO's nay
Not really, PMBR isn't a BR like... the MBR is. We don't create rule sets, nor can we tell TOs what not to have on/off. It's a heated argument anyway as most players don't tend to understand a lot of the implications that go with an adjustable buffer.. (which were just witnessed when demo 2.1 has been out for now).

Main thing is: TOs wouldn't care about its intent and thus would go against our wishes even if we told them otherwise. Hence part of the reason of making it non-adjustable. It wasn't the main reason though for changing it.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Cruelty implies that there are both someone to be offended and someone intending to offend. Latter qualification isn't met.

EDIT: 666th post. Neat

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That's so badass. It's useless because there's no Gamecube controller support but so badass.
Does the WiiU pro controller work with it? I have one and it feels great.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
It's actually kind of a shame, if people ran smash tournaments on WiiU we could use HDTVs (provided they're lagless) with no fear of lag as the console upscales it internally to 1080p.

It'd also look kinda nice and we'd be able to play widescreen.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Considering the Wii U apparently emulates the Wii, the game would still probably lag on HDTVs.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Considering the Wii U apparently emulates the Wii, the game would still probably lag on HDTVs.
The WiiU has a Wii inside and then internally upscales the image.

Whether the WiiU's upscaler lags or not is the only real question here, the "emlulation" probably won't cause lag.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I thought someone confirmed that WiiU running Brawl would not lag on HD?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I thought someone confirmed that WiiU running Brawl would not lag on HD?
GOD DAMMIT NINTENDO! GIVE ME A WAY TO PLUG IN GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS OR GIVE ME DEATH.

Seriously speaking, I'm infuriated. What a tease.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Nintendo has been pure fail for like 5 years now, so I've finally given up on all hope for them to create something worthwhile. I'll stick with all my older gaming stuff, thank you very much.

Basically P:M is the future of smash, and it will be godlike. So if you wanna support something, support P:M.

Button checks all day.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I do not ****ing support Button Checks. The **** Jason was doing during button checks, ESPECIALLY WITH SHIEK, 80% of that **** he wasn't gonna do in tournament. Who the **** warms up by doing the slide off Upb?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Second part of that video is always a classic. Whatever compelled that man, to do that, temporarily made him a god.

NAY, NO OTHER MAN WAS GIVEN THAT GIFT BESIDES ELI! WHAT SHAME I HAVE BROUGHT UNTO MYSELF!

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Nintendo has been pure fail for like 5 years now...
The Wii is still the most successfully-selling console of the generation, even if for reasons a video game console shouldn't be proud of.

Though Nintendo started the gen with a line of slow-paced games for some reason. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy... even the turn-based Pokémon got slower in Diamond and Pearl due to startup lag at the beginning of battles, and slower running/biking/surfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom