• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Aw. :( I was hoping to bypass the character blocking (incomplete characters aren't on the CSS) by installing a custom CSS. It didn't work. The character slots that would have the blocked characters just change you to be Mario once you start the match.
That only makes sense if you think about it. By using the unfinished characters you're basically accessing unfinished content, content which probably will freeze the game and won't work in a manner that is professional or in accordance with the project's goals. It only makes sense they wouldn't want you to be able to use the unfinished characters when by doing so you could be casting P:M in a negative light. Also I'm almost positive Ness' fsmash reflects- I could swear I've gotten it to happen a few times.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
That only makes sense if you think about it. By using the unfinished characters you're basically accessing unfinished content, content which probably will freeze the game and won't work in a manner that is professional or in accordance with the project's goals. It only makes sense they wouldn't want you to be able to use the unfinished characters when by doing so you could be casting P:M in a negative light. Also I'm almost positive Ness' fsmash reflects- I could swear I've gotten it to happen a few times.
Yeah, I guess... ...No, wait, the download links don't have ANY data for the unfinished characters, so why would that be the reason?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I tested and wasn't able to get his fsmash to reflect. I'd like to think I'm not THAT incompetent, but...
F-smash can also occasionally clank projectiles. It will definitely reflect transcendent ones all the time, and other ones late into the animation though. Just don't expect anything like Smash64's instant capesq f-smash reflection.

Mario is selected as a redirect for the non-demo2 characters through a hardcode. There are still ways to bypass it (Event matches, SSE whenever you have no choice who to play as), but anytime you can "choose you character" non-demo2 characters will always redirect to Mario.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The bat reflection hitbox I think is closer to Ness Body/the grip of the bat, not near the tip. Hitting with the tip tends to clash or beat out the projectile (the ones it can beat anyways)

iLink

Smash Champion
The way you phrased all that totally reminded me of Daze

Where has he been anyway?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
How lame. Because R.O.B. 2.1 is almost as cool as Dedede 2.1.

Almost.

The only way he could be cooler is if he could recharge a gyro he picked up by pressing down B while holding it.

Or if he had a hammer and could sit on his opponents.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Has anybody tried using Smash Stack on Wii U yet? IIRC The Wii U has the entire Wii menu/firmware as its own Wii U channel so being able to run Gecko and Project M doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wouldn't you need to know where to put the new tickets/etc? Smash Stack you installed everything in the right place, Wii U might have some changes that prevent that

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The pro controller feels good actually.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Wouldn't you need to know where to put the new tickets/etc? Smash Stack you installed everything in the right place, Wii U might have some changes that prevent that
Wii U emulates a Wii to run Wii games.

...yeah...

Kati

Smash Lord
I just watched a video where someone successfully got smash stack going. The only hurdle was that he had to put the sd card in once brawl had already booted. The WiiU supposedly detects foreign files and deletes them under the preface that they are corrupt.

He then went on to play connect4.

But yeah, what kind of functionality do the pro controllers have? The PMBR went through a lot of work I presume to get light pressing to work. Do the pro controllers have triggers capable of such?

Revven

FrankerZ
Has anybody tried using Smash Stack on Wii U yet? IIRC The Wii U has the entire Wii menu/firmware as its own Wii U channel so being able to run Gecko and Project M doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.
I just read elsewhere and someone tried it: the exploit still works. Yes, this means folks, you can run Project M on a Wii U.

Unfortunately, you would be limited to the Classic Controller... but still! You can definitely run it and all the related homebrew that still work on the latest firmware. Nintendo was lazy enough to not bother blocking any of it.

I am speechless right now. LOL

I guess Nintendo has the confidence that the Wii OS homebrew stuff will never actually leak anywhere into the Wii U's OS... it'll be quite interesting to see what happens next.

Edit: I wonder how well a GCN to USB adapter would work on a Wii U...... PROBABLY not at all is my guess but it would be cool if one was made for it.

jalued

Smash Lord
Yeah, I guess... ...No, wait, the download links don't have ANY data for the unfinished characters, so why would that be the reason?
If you have ever played the single player on PM 2.1 then you will know that the landing detection fix means that locked characters are unable to jump and are hence unplayable

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I just read elsewhere and someone tried it: the exploit still works. Yes, this means folks, you can run Project M on a Wii U.

Unfortunately, you would be limited to the Classic Controller... but still! You can definitely run it and all the related homebrew that still work on the latest firmware. Nintendo was lazy enough to not bother blocking any of it.

I am speechless right now. LOL

I guess Nintendo has the confidence that the Wii OS homebrew stuff will never actually leak anywhere into the Wii U's OS... it'll be quite interesting to see what happens next.

Edit: I wonder how well a GCN to USB adapter would work on a Wii U...... PROBABLY not at all is my guess but it would be cool if one was made for it.
Would a normal GCN to USB adapter not work?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
If you have ever played the single player on PM 2.1 then you will know that the landing detection fix means that locked characters are unable to jump and are hence unplayable
Aah. Okay, that makes sense then. Thanks for clearing that up. c:

I am now bound and determined to learn to play Zelda, solely on the grounds that I now have a genuine Gardevoir import skin for her (complete with facial expressions, after some extra work on my part). Everything else be damned, I'm gonna learn Zelda if it kills me, end of story. Yes, I am that big of a Gardevoir fanboy, why do you ask? :embarrass:

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
So yea, a little bit later today I'll be streaming some P:M with Strong Bad

We're still doing 3 minute button checks

I'll let you know when we're ready

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Hey guys! I'm back LOL. Sorry that I haven't been around- I've been pretty swamped with IRL stuff as of late so I haven't been doing much of anything smash related in awhile.

My situation is a little more stable now, so I'll look to get on top of things once again.

Apologies once again! :p

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I dunno, someone would have to try lol. I just doubt it because the Wii U wouldn't recognize it because it's not programmed to.
Okay. I'll give it a shot at least, just need to find someone who owns a Wii U, lol.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Aah. Okay, that makes sense then. Thanks for clearing that up. c:

I am now bound and determined to learn to play Zelda, solely on the grounds that I now have a genuine Gardevoir import skin for her (complete with facial expressions, after some extra work on my part). Everything else be damned, I'm gonna learn Zelda if it kills me, end of story. Yes, I am that big of a Gardevoir fanboy, why do you ask? :embarrass:
...Marry me.

(lol not really)
But I am happy to see someone pick up Zelda. (even if it's only because of a gardevoir skin.)

I wish you great luck on playing Zelda. :bee:

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Glad to hear that Project M should be able to work on the Wii U. Sad that they removed the Gamecube ports, and that the WiiU's Pro controller won't be an option.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Scar jumping has never been a "thing," btw.

Throwing that out there.

Smooth Criminal
ya i'm convinced that i'm the only one who does it

and people who play me on yoshi's always sneak it in there in our set

and then i say "nice!"

in certain situations it's really useful and awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom