• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
wot

i probably am confusing terms, i was sure wavebounce was when you reverse the b move with momentum, and b reversal, was just reversing the b move with no momentum at all

also, some friends and i are going to stream some PM, and later tonight we might stream kirby air ride
http://www.twitch.tv/captmeiling

the tv were playing on is pretty laggy, so excuse our less than normal play, the tv we normally play on is broken ;_;

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
With Link, don't forget. :p

I kinda gave up. The legendary uber long post is no longer coming, well not as long as intended anyway... :ohwell:

...How could you not be in before someone responds to your post
because ya'know
you were in before you posted it
because you posted it
lol
Usually when someone says "inb4" during an edit, they're referring just to the edit being in, and not the rest of the post. :p

reverse edge bacon landing cancel
lets see how long we can make this acronym
Edge Reverse B-reversal Bacon Landing Cancel (ERBRBCL) :awesome:

Is there anyway to do that, but have the bacon fly offstage? Would be amazing for edge guarding 2 options at once instead of picking whether you want to bacon or attack

Im guessing if you were lazy you could just bacon to the ground or something
That would be a true wavebounce (reverse B-reversal).

Yes there is
basically, make the bacon do a 360

when doing the bacon cancel tho, **** gets even harder

basically, the input would be
(assuming youre going to the right)
dash->bacon-> then instead of left, to go back onstage, hit left then immediately after RIGHT, gnw will go offstage with bacon cancel

i was only able to do it once, so i honestly cant remember if it works that way, or if hell just do the full bacon
You're a little off but you're basically descrbing a WB/RBR. It should be dash > left > bacon > right. You should land onstage with the same lagless bacon, but facing offstage instead of inwards.

I assume this is B-reverse bacon, in which case doing that to bacon offstage would require a backwards b-reverse bacon (or a B3 for short).

Basically, the moment you leave the ledge, you'd have to return the control stick to slightly back from neutral (think retreating SHLs with space animals), then b-reverse bacon.

So theoretically possible, but would require absurd techskill.

So we have a Backwards B-Reverse Bacon Cancel or B3C.
WB/RBR. :p

Wat. No thats if you hold the direction while pressing b, what i do for example is

Dash, press B, then hit back and immediately hit back again

so if youre like, faceing right, B, then left/right really quickly

you can do 360 bacons while standing too

actually, i think all characters can do 360 neutral b's except for falcon and ganon, since they can already do 360 punches

EDIT - I think all characters can actually do Reverse Side-B's, GnW's is actually pretty easy (for me at least). As far as i can tell (and attempted) 360 side b's are either impossible, or so hard to do, you might as well just not even try
Ok, now I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about, but if you are indeed talking about WB/RBR's, then yes, every char can perform it with their nB. In addition, most chars can B-reverse their up and downB's. A "reverse sideB" is just doing a regular sideB in the opposite direction from what you're facing. The same thing can be done for up and downB's (just press diagonally, as in up/down and slightly in the opposite direction from what you're facing). However, to do a reverse nB, you must press backwards on the control stick and release and then press B immediately after releasing the direction. In this case, a "360 sideB" is probably just a B-reversed sideB. You can't really WB a sideB, I believe.

I pretty sure with Ledge Teching coming back in 2.5, we can do ledge tech's then if we can get a jump off the wall, we can wavebounce back offstage with characters that get good enough bounces like Snake, GnW, Mario Bros, Lucas, Falco, and various other charactres
I'm sure you meant to say "onstage" instead of "offstage," but yeah, that would be pretty cool :)

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Thats not just a brawl thing ^^^ that has been in smash since 64 I believe, Ness has always been able to do that with PK thunder. I forget the official term for it but it was something like "thunder bouncing"

I think it was Hylian who used this with Lucas to do almost instant PKT2 off of platforms.

leelue

Smash Lord
You can wavebounce zeldas sideB if anything

Bbk, kink BLOCKED YOU. Stop talking to him. He can't see anything you write.

LeafB - basically what Phootbag said. You'll understand it one day. We all do eventually. Also, I don't think that Lucario's recovery sucks. He covers distance an agreeable amount, has a recovery support move, threatens to throw people into the abyss, walljumps, and has the occasional charge at the ready. Certainly better than bowser, DK, Toon link, captain falcon, ganon, Ness, game and watch, and Wario. Sometimes snakes too. Then there are more controversial recoveries like sheik and D3s.
What I'm saying is, for a character as scary as Lucario, he certainly doesn't have recovery worth complaining about.

Calvo where do you live? I love Kirby air ride.

Hylian
Monday-Wednesday

bubbaking

Smash Hero
i probably am confusing terms, i was sure wavebounce was when you reverse the b move with momentum, and b reversal, was just reversing the b move with no momentum at all
Yeah, you're getting them mixed up. The reverse B is without momentum changes and the B-reversal reverses momentum. In case you forget, you can actually remember which term means which by just going through the order in which you execute the inputs for each tech. A reverse B involves you pressing the opposite direction and releasing right before you press B, hence the "reverse" being before the "B" in "reverse B". A B-reversal involves you pressing B and then immediately afterwards pressing the opposite direction, hence the "B" being before the "reversal" in "B-reversal." ;)

A) thinks that another character having vaguely similar options is justification for another character having his
Assuming you're referring to spacees, if that other character is already the best, even without these "vaguely similar options," then why not? We're trying to achieve balance after all. Why does Lucario have to take the hit?

B) Justifies Lucario by citing Sonic
I can cite any character I want. Sonic being a badly designed character does not exclude him from this, and neither does being a bad character.

C) thinks that "adding options" is sufficient reasoning
We already talked in person about this (twice actually, once on stream) and we came to the conclusion that we disagree on this. You dislike characters being given additional options for the reason of "just because," and you even said yourself that Sonic's recovery is too good and does not need all those options. :p I like characters being given additional options because it gives these characters added depth, flexibility, and room for different styles to be developed between different users of the character. There's really no point in discussing this point any more, tbh.

D) Thinks that keeping walled stages super important is ok because ike does too
Walled stages have been important ever since Mario had his SJP WJ and scar jumping became a thing. Come to think of it, offstage wall jumps, in general, made walled stages very important, as they opened up avenues to more complex maneuvers and ways to edgeguard someone or recovery unexpectedly. Lolz, even tethers alone made walls important in Melee. No reason not to expand on that in P:M.

E) Claims that Lucario is not a freak if nature (Or as Law and Order puts it, the insanity plea)
Do not misquote me. :glare: I said that Lucario isn't a "freak of nature" any MORE than a bunch of characters are. Make this "bunch of characters" a large enough group and Lucario isn't even a freak anymore. He's just a normal Smash char.....like most everyone else.[COLLAPSE="THIS was what I said"]
Lucario's two built in traits do not make him a "freak of nature" any more than a character (actually two characters) that has a frame 1 move that is JCable on (maybe before) frame 4 and also has completely lagless projectiles or a char with SA-like armor on several moves that breaks shields for fun. Oh, and let's not forget that random bizarro that gets less cooldown when he hits a shield, breaks shields for fun, barely has weak sourspots, kills at all %'s, and also gets to WJ several times out of his recovery.
[/COLLAPSE]

F) I can 5 stock in a 6 stock match
Pfft, don't be so conceited. You've never done more than 2-stock me when I was even mildly trying with bad characters. The only exception was that one time I played ROB at, like, 2 AM right before I had to leave with Ben because you wanted to play it again for some reason. I consistently take you to last stock when I play serious, and I've even taken more than a few games off you...........oh yeah, and with characters I don't play. :smirk:

Just wait until you find yourself trying to explain to bubbaking why he's wrong an online medium. Trust me, it's far less exhausting just to insult him.
You guys are just taking the easy way out. If you don't want to have a discussion, then don't come here and post your opinions and expect other people not to do the same. Not to mention, a bunch of times I tried to drop the last argument we had and you just kept steamrolling on like a blind bull. A bunch of people also mentioned that you weren't exactly replying to the points I was bringing up either.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm fine with being wrong, but that doesn't mean I'm just gonna back down every time someone disagrees with me. I don't even see why you feel the need to throw insults when I rarely say anything offensive or derogatory (first).

Yung Mei

Calvo where do you live? I love Kirby air ride.

Hylian
Monday-Wednesday
washington :)

well be streaming kirby air ride within the hour
Why is it that P:M streams aren't that popular?
What can we do to help make them better?
my crappy streams used to get like, 10 viewers with no advertising link for brawl

but then we started playing pm, and we only get like, 1 viewer now, even when i advertise my link on Twitter, Facebook, Aim, Tumblr, and here

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Those are just reverse specials and wavebounces.
Nada. It's momentum boosting from the ledge and (IIRC) RAR mechanics that cause these.

As said, in every smash game you could use momentum to carry you off ledges, but in Brawl this is the most exaggerated, boosting your momentum in many cases. Project M uses these mechanics +/- minor alterations that melee physics cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlWDM_xdk1I is a clear example of how the ledge boosts get you distance that is otherwise impossible. You can still do this in Project M and get similar distance.

This is almost as basic as it gets when it comes to Brawl ATs people.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
What I'm saying is, for a character as scary as Lucario, he certainly doesn't have recovery worth complaining about.
Definitely, but it's also not worth nerfing just for the sake of nerfing.

Why is it that P:M streams aren't that popular?
What can we do to help make them better?
Stream Melee or vBrawl, then switch to P:M suddenly without warning. I bet you people will complain in chat, and the complaining will be why they stay. :p

washington :)

Washington............D.C.? :awesome:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
If everyone played Melee Falcon or vBrawl Ganon you wouldn't have a problem at all
Corrected that for ya. :awesome:

the one with the trees

;w;
................................:cry:

It's alright. I think I finally found a good portion of the scene here. :p

Nada. It's momentum boosting from the ledge and (IIRC) RAR mechanics that cause these.

As said, in every smash game you could use momentum to carry you off ledges, but in Brawl this is the most exaggerated, boosting your momentum in many cases. Project M uses these mechanics +/- minor alterations that melee physics cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlWDM_xdk1I is a clear example of how the ledge boosts get you distance that is otherwise impossible. You can still do this in Project M and get similar distance.

This is almost as basic as it gets when it comes to Brawl ATs people.
Sooooo.......it's momentum boosting + RAR off a ledge in addition to B-reversing or wavebouncing (depending on which direction you want to face) to take your boosted momentum and reverse it completely under the plat/ledge? :confused:

Yung Mei

i remember someone said that Falcon is an autopilot character in PM, to whoever said that, i just want to tell you to choke on ****s, Ness is even more autopilot, dat fair fair fair fair fair fair dair fair fair fair fair bthrow, fair fair fair side b fair fair fair bair, bthrow

ness is the most annoying character to fight lmao

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
i remember someone said that Falcon is an autopilot character in PM, to whoever said that, i just want to tell you to **** off, Ness is even more autopilot, dat fair fair fair fair fair fair dair fair fair fair fair bthrow, fair fair fair side b fair fair fair bair, bthrow

ness is the most annoying character to fight lmao
Agreed. Agreed so damn hard. **** Ness. Seriously. >>

Though I still find Lucas more annoying between the two. Not hard, just...annoying. Although, that's probably just because I like Ness as a character but hate fighting him, while I hate Lucas overall in every way.

leelue

Smash Lord
Phoot and I aren't taking the easy way out
I have no problem having a discussion with anyone else
Besides imaclubyou
You, particularly, are just extremely difficult to talk to online. In person it is better.

Oh and for the record I would never say sonic's recovery is too good. He recovers for free.

Edit again
It's not nerfing for the sake of nerfing, its getting rid of something that shouldn't exist in the first place.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Since I can't really contribute to the competitive discussion, I have a graphics suggestion. Perhaps Lucas's fspecial could be made to use a PK Love graphic (the hexagons)? After all, Lucas doesn't actually get PK Freeze. Or Fire, or Thunder. >w> I approve of giving him Offense Up, btw, since he DOES actually get that.

Also, I've found that I have a fair bit of success playing as Lucas, which surprised me since I never play as the PK kids due to royally sucking as them in every iteration prior to P:M.

Oh, and I will say this. That freaky spike thing that Lucario can get off of ES? Um... there it is. That. That does need to go.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah, I know Lucas. :p Go with him to a GC sometime. Or if you wanna test out 2.5 stuff, make the trip down to me. :)

Yung Mei

i for SURE would go to GC, but its like my moms and sisters schedules were made specifically so i couldnt go

they always works saturdays, so then i have to stay home and watch my younger brothers :\

and i think we could prolly arrange going to your place, assuming our driver would want to go too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom