• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I usually do it while rising if I'm comboing into it. Other than that, yeah, it's often done while falling on top of the opponent.
But due to the falling speed, that rising very quickly becomes falling (Lucario's terminal velocity isn't quite as high as some, but his gravity's quite far up there). Makes it nigh impossible for me to figure out where the attack's actually going to come out.
Aspergers is so over-diagnosed for people who are just weird or have trouble being social.

Not seeing it ain't real, but I know a few people who were diagnosed (and frankly I could have been too because I don't always like looking at people in the eye or good at talking to people I don't like) and they don't have any actual problems recognizing cues or any neurological problems.

So for some it's real but other people are just too lazy to work on their bad habits and become less of a freakazoid.
No, trust me, my diagnosis is legit. Considering the plethora of other odd assorted neurological issues I have going on (ADD, OCD, insomnia, migraines, epilepsy triggered by lack of sleep (how does that even work?!)), it's not too out of the question to begin with. I had to teach myself facial expressions, and half the time, I still don't get the subtle cues. I can geek out over games pretty easily now that I've had 20 years of experience with dealing with other people, but basic, casual small talk is still an ordeal for me. It's not a fun situation, let me tell you.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Autism is the new ADD is the new Tourettes is the new Anaemia.

The new autism? My guess is it's going to be Dependent Personality Disorder because God forbid a person have insecurities about anything.

Any new word on Squirtle or Zelda or are they still just obnoxious?

SpiderMad

Smash Master

The new autism? My guess is it's going to be Dependent Personality Disorder because God forbid a person have insecurities about anything.
Tourettes (and Anaemia) are over diagnosed? Tourettes is far more of a tangible disorder than what Aspergers seems to be diagnosed as, I don't get your point in mentioning those two.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Okay, so I have confirmed that I can play on par with the Lv9 P:M Luke AI, despite the fact that I am. completely unable to wavedash (well, okay, I can, sorta kinda a little bit... I can just never figure out what to do with it, and I get it wrong half the time anyhow).
I think I've found my BnB starter combo. Jab-jab-dtilt-fsmash. Jiggs is immune to it unless I get really tricky with the timing (the dtilt actually knocks her over the fsmash entirely, even the combo starts at 0%). If I'm really feeling showoffy, I can even try to follow up with DT-jab-jab-????? (usually FP, fsmash, or usmash, sometimes dsmash if I think I'm going to mess up the combo and they're going to try to get around to behind me - it's just a safer option in general).

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Tourettes (and Anaemia) are over diagnosed? Tourettes is far more of a tangible disorder than what Aspergers seems to be diagnosed as, I don't get your point in mentioning those two.

Both were pretty big decades ago. "Anemic" was even an insult in the vein of "dumb" or "spaz" in like, the 50's maybe? Before most members of the Smash generation. Tourettes was 80s into 90s I think?

Point is every few years something new gets looked into and held over way more people than genuinely suffer from it.

Also point is we need Demo 1.0 Zelda Y/N

She was still bad but at least then she was actually fun.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)

Holy cow, you're a ****... :c

I think I've found my BnB starter combo. Jab-jab-dtilt-fsmash. Jiggs is immune to it unless I get really tricky with the timing (the dtilt actually knocks her over the fsmash entirely, even the combo starts at 0%). If I'm really feeling showoffy, I can even try to follow up with DT-jab-jab-????? (usually FP, fsmash, or usmash, sometimes dsmash if I think I'm going to mess up the combo and they're going to try to get around to behind me - it's just a safer option in general).
NOW you're starting to get the hang of it! You even managed to follow up a standard magic series with a DT to extend the combo. You're doing a lot better in such a short time than I thought you would. ;)

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Zeldas problem has always lied in the fact that she is suppose to be defensive oriented, yet she has NEVER had a projectile that would force you to approach her.

Zelda's design isn't that bad, Din's Fire has always been bad, and has never done what it should for her, which is force people to come to you so you can use her godly defensive moves like usmash, fsmash, nayrus. I ask does anyone think PKT is a good projectile? The answer is no because Ness/Lucas is completly immobile while using it, at least they have the option of hitting themselves to get out of the way. Zelda's Dins is very similar she is immobile when using it, so even if she hits with it she is in a no more advantageous position then before using it. The current version of Din's at least lets you wander around when they are out, but they are fairly easy to avoid, or clank away. Which means they STILL don't force you to move. They add more to Zeldas defensive game, yet still do not force anyone to move towards her.

Combine this with the fact that she is light, thus it is harder for her to hold a lead(especially with a garbage projectile), and even harder to stage a comeback, cause she just doesn't live long enough. Combined with the fact she has a terribly linear recovery, farore's wind is extremely easy to counter, simply hop on the ledge, if she tries to go to it(when you have invincibility of course) she dies, other wise she must go on stage for a very easy punish. This means she dies quickly.

I havent even mentioned that abysmal grab yet, which thankfully the PMBR somewhat fixed that problem. Along with the SDI'able smash attacks.

These have always been her weaknesses, and still are.......

#butthurtformerzeldasecondary#

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
proper word is jank old lady :017:
Uwaaa

Uwaaa~

Zeldas problem has always lied in the fact that she is suppose to be defensive oriented, yet she has NEVER had a projectile that would force you to approach her.

Zelda's design isn't that bad, Din's Fire has always been bad, and has never done what it should for her, which is force people to come to you so you can use her godly defensive moves like usmash, fsmash, nayrus. I ask does anyone think PKT is a good projectile? The answer is no because Ness/Lucas is completly immobile while using it, at least they have the option of hitting themselves to get out of the way. Zelda's Dins is very similar she is immobile when using it, so even if she hits with it she is in no more advantageous position. The current version of Din's at least lets you wander around when they are out, but they are fairly easy to avoid, or clank away.
If only she could do something like Air Dodge out of them.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
jesus how horrifying

and i agree with xebenbeck. if zelda wants to play rock paper scissors and you both choose paper, zelda loses.

unless you're slow and have no range, then zelda kind of wins. she does defense best against characters that can't close distance quickly like a spacie or can't whiff big hitboxes like marth can

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I forgot to mention that she has abysmal approach as well.

Right now her best approach options are to FW->Wavedash fsmash, and SH ground cancel nayrus love, and grab. If you try anything else you are doomed to fail. You will get shieldgrabbed, usmash, up-B, SHFFL aerial, right in the face.

EDIT:
I should also mention that she can't be a agro character either becuase she completely lacks good pop-up moves. She doesn't have a nice sheik ftilt, or fox/falco utilt/falco shine/link utilt/ness DJC uair, Falcon grounded dair/marth utilt/shffl fair etc.

Her best pop move is usmash......lolwut your best combo move is a usmash. Beyond grabs(which again is sub-par, not the throws they are good, the grab itself is subpar), her other pop up move is ftilt(so laggy), dash attack(so easily punished on block going back to her abysmal approach options), and grounded sweet spotted dair(good luck hitting this). Everything else just doesn't work, uair lol whos going to try SHFFL uair to start a combo, fair/bair lol, neutral air lol its a good combo finisher it doesnt put your opponent in a combo position, utilt haha, dtilt u kiddin, dsmash ummm no, jab........, fsmash nah, farore's wind lol, I KNOW SHEIK.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman

To the thread at large-

Could we please refrain from posting things like this? This is a thread for discussing a competitive fighting game. Regardless of your opinions on the issue, that stuff is totally irrelevant to what this thread should be about. All posts like this serve to do is alienate people from posting here. Who the **** would want to talk about their hobby when it feels like they're being put on blast for issues totally unrelated?

There's such a thing as private messages. If you absolutely must have conversations like this, use them. This thread doesn't need to be dragged down the rabbit hole.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
To the thread at large-

Could we please refrain from posting things like this? This is a thread for discussing a competitive fighting game. Regardless of your opinions on the issue, that stuff is totally irrelevant to what this thread should be about. All posts like this serve to do is alienate people from posting here. Who the **** would want to talk about their hobby when it feels like they're being put on blast for issues totally unrelated?

There's such a thing as private messages. If you absolutely must have conversations like this, use them. This thread doesn't need to be dragged down the rabbit hole.
...I'm sorry.

Okay, so I've learned that going for an aerial FP is bad unless you're going to catch them above the level of the edge or nearby the edge. Especially if you have terrible aim with the move.

I have a question. Is it supposed to be so hard to sweetspot with ES? Half the time, it registers as me colliding with the stage, which is WORSE than it used to be, because I curve off and usually away from the stage, putting me in special fall while facing away from the edge.
Also, can you walljump out of ES in 2.5? And nobody ever answered my question of why they removed Lucario's wallcling. :c (Forgive me if I seem like I'm *****ing, I'm not; I've already said how inadequate my competitive knowledge is, so I genuinely can't figure out why they did that.)
Is usmash-fair-FP a viable combo?

B.W.

Smash Champion
In 2.1 when you Extreme Speed toward the ledge, if it's a stage with a wall, holding straight into the wall will cause you to go downward (stupid in my opinion). However, after you go downward along the stage's wall if you keep holding toward the wall Lucario will go into his wall-cling, and from this you can wall-jump and up-B again, or you can just up-B out of it.

Sweet-spotting with Extreme Speed isn't too hard though, it might just be something you have to work on. When you go toward the stage and you're below the ledge though, press diagonal up toward the stage and you should go upward instead of downward. Some stages do stupid things that make you have to aim better though.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
In 2.1 when you Extreme Speed toward the ledge, if it's a stage with a wall, holding straight into the wall will cause you to go downward (stupid in my opinion). However, after you go downward along the stage's wall if you keep holding toward the wall Lucario will go into his wall-cling, and from this you can wall-jump and up-B again, or you can just up-B out of it.

Sweet-spotting with Extreme Speed isn't too hard though, it might just be something you have to work on. When you go toward the stage and you're below the ledge though, press diagonal up toward the stage and you should go upward instead of downward. Some stages do stupid things that make you have to aim better though.
No, I mean it doesn't count as me catching the edge, it causes me to curve completely away from the stage (usually I DO go up, but it doesn't matter if I'm facing away from the edge, because I can't catch it in special fall if I'm not facing it). I find that holding towards the stage when I collide with it causes me to not just turn curve to go straight down, but down and away from the stage, sometimes as much as a 105 angle. I think what it does is that if you collide with the stage, it very quickly forces you to turn 90 degrees from the direction you were going.
And the wall cling lasts for all of half a second. No seriously, try to actually stick to the wall for any substantial amount of time, it won't work. Plus, the awkward way it leads into the wall cling makes it seem like it's a glitch.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Never had a problem with Lucario going away from the stage. I'll try to force it so I can see myself later if someone doesn't get back to you with why that's happening.

Wall-Cling isn't supposed to last long and it's definitely no glitch, otherwise it would have been removed from 2.0 to 2.1. It's not meant for sitting there for long it's just meant to aid recovery.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Are you sure Zelda is supposed to be a defensive character? I'm not saying you're wrong, but what brought you to that conclusion? It occurred to me that Zelda actually has traits of both a defensive char and an offensive char. The defensive traits are obvious and you pointed them out. However, she also has several offensive traits. Her teleport WD, her fast, extremely powerful kicks, her combo-oriented tilts, those are all actually aspects of an offensively oriented character, IMO. In vBrawl, I guess her status as a defensive char was cemented, but going purely off Melee, it would be hard for one to judge whether she was just a failed offensive character or a weak defensive character. Now in P:M, when one looks at certain changes, like a super-sweetspot on her kicks and a teleport WD, he sees even more aspects that could possibly lend themselves to an offensive design.

The teleport WD, in particular, strikes me as being a potentially very offensive trait. It gives her the ability to instantly be in there punishing an opening you made or pressuring a bad position you're in. The ability to cross such large distances with nearly no lag is an amazing approach tool, and it kinda makes her seem a bit like a magic Luigi at times to me.

Combine this with the fact that she is light, thus it is harder for her to hold a lead(especially with a garbage projectile), and even harder to stage a comeback, cause she just doesn't live long enough. Combined with the fact she has a terribly linear recovery, farore's wind is extremely easy to counter, simply hop on the ledge, if she tries to go to it(when you have invincibility of course) she dies, other wise she must go on stage for a very easy punish. This means she dies quickly.
Zelda isn't exactly light, though. She's the exact same weight as Sheik. However, she is extremely floaty (2nd floatiest in Melee). If you ask me, this just makes it even harder to kill her. She's difficult to combo without being kicked or reflectored, and yet she's not easy to kill unless you're getting vertical KOs on her. I also don't think her recovery is so linear or easy to edgeguard in P:M. Right off the bat, we know she can snap to the ledge or go for the stage, but going for the stage also includes edgecancelling her lag on plats if possible. She also covers herself with a decent hitbox both upon disappearing and upon reappearance. She also got a great tool from Melee: her far-reaching AD. It's almost like a third jump by itself. This gives her the ability to land onstage with little lag if you take the ledge from her.

Finally, there is a tool that P:M gave her: Din's Mines. You say that you can "simply hop on the ledge" to edgeguard Zelda, but she can easily lay mines at the edge to prevent this tactic while she recovers herself. If she's drifting from far enough, she can even lay 2 or 3 mines to keep you from getting the ledge. This all adds up to a good and flexible recovery in my mind.

Along with the SDI'able smash attacks.
I believe Zelda's smash attacks were made less SDIable to make them more similar to their Melee incarnations, except for her usmash. Her vBrawl usmash is already nigh un-SDIable.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
:mad::mad::mad:

Edit: This post got too long..... :facepalm: Spoilering now...

[COLLAPSE="Zelda can't be an aggro char."]I should also mention that she can't be a agro character either becuase she completely lacks good pop-up moves. She doesn't have a nice sheik ftilt, or fox/falco utilt/falco shine/link utilt/ness DJC uair, Falcon grounded dair/marth utilt/shffl fair etc.

Her best pop move is usmash......lolwut your best combo move is a usmash. Beyond grabs(which again is sub-par, not the throws they are good, the grab itself is subpar), her other pop up move is ftilt(so laggy), dash attack(so easily punished on block going back to her abysmal approach options), and grounded sweet spotted dair(good luck hitting this). Everything else just doesn't work, uair lol whos going to try SHFFL uair to start a combo, fair/bair lol, neutral air lol its a good combo finisher it doesnt put your opponent in a combo position, utilt haha, dtilt u kiddin, dsmash ummm no, jab........, fsmash nah, farore's wind lol, I KNOW SHEIK.[/COLLAPSE]
I kinda feel like you're underestimating Zelda's moves. Yes, her usmash sets up auto-combos on practically everybody, but her other moves are quite useful as well. Her fthrow sucks you toward her and places you right above or behind her for combos; it's not that slow either. Her dtilt is uber fast and it stuns you in place for follow-ups. Her dsmash is also super fast and it sets up TCs, especially on FFers, not to mention her kicking leg is fully invincible for the entirety of the move so it can't trade. Spaced kicks are generally safe, even on shield, and nair is pretty good for starting and extending combos, especially if the opponent is on a plat. Honestly, Zelda does have problems when it comes to approaching, but I think that mostly comes from her mobility. Her moves are pretty good and they're fairly safe, too.

Okay, so I've learned that going for an aerial FP is bad unless you're going to catch them above the level of the edge or nearby the edge. Especially if you have terrible aim with the move.
Well, you just have to acquire a feel for the move (I've said this so many times about Lucario's stuff that it's starting to sound rehearsed :p ). It might be easier to try to hit-confirm into it first with an aerial or something.

I have a question. Is it supposed to be so hard to sweetspot with ES? Half the time, it registers as me colliding with the stage, which is WORSE than it used to be, because I curve off and usually away from the stage, putting me in special fall while facing away from the edge.
[COLLAPSE="Ledgesnapping Tips"]Melee 101: The easiest way to sweetspot the ledge with a guided recovery move (ES, Spacees' upB, glides, etc.) is to go downwards with it and then let go of down (or press up) right when/before you hit the ledge. This is easily applied to Lucario's ES because of how it curves. I've experienced situations similar to what you have encountered Leaf. I'm recovering at more-or-less of a horizontal angle from the ledge and upB sideways at it, and I kinda 'bounce' off the ledge. In my case, the ledge curves me upwards and I end up not catching the ledge but instead falling through the air and landing onstage with full upB landing lag. This usually happens when I attempt to upB to the ledge slightly too high, not low enough to run into and grab the ledge but not high enough to clear the ledge completely.

The easiest way to correct this with Lucario is to curve downwards as you approach the ledge. This causes him to snap to the ledge instead of bouncing off of it or passing under it. This tactic can actually be applied to nearly any recovery angle, especially if there are walls. If you're recovering vertically up a wall, you can grind against it near the end and you'll pretty much always sweetspot it.[/COLLAPSE]

Fun fact: Lucario can actually upB downwards from below the ledge and, as long as you make sure to let go of down the moment he starts moving, he'll still grab the ledge. :awesome: It really helps with ledge planking.

Edit: Really funny incident that happened involving Lucario's ledge plank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUYacC3OCVE#t=2m47s
It just sprang to mind while I was talking about Lucario and ledges. XD

Also, can you walljump out of ES in 2.5? And nobody ever answered my question of why they removed Lucario's wallcling. :c (Forgive me if I seem like I'm *****ing, I'm not; I've already said how inadequate my competitive knowledge is, so I genuinely can't figure out why they did that.)
I can't speak for 2.5, but I know that he can definitely do it in 2.1, and it would be a shame if they were to remove that. :( Lucario's wallcling still exists both in and out of ES in 2.1.

Edit: By "out of ES", I mean Lucario can just jump against a wall and cling to it like he could in vBrawl. He doesn't have to ES into it.

Is usmash-fair-FP a viable combo?
If you put a JC in between the usmash and the fair, then I can definitely see that combo working. Something like usmash and then jump cancel the usmash into a fair > FP. Yep, that should work, but probably not at all %'s.

You can even wall-cling one more time out of that second upB. After that, though, you only get a wall jump, no third upB. Still, the recovery mixup potential is crazy. Two upBs, two wall clings, and two wall jumps... :awesome: Also this:
Wall-Cling isn't supposed to last long and it's definitely no glitch, otherwise it would have been removed from 2.0 to 2.1. It's not meant for sitting there for long it's just meant to aid recovery.
And mixups. :)

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Are you sure Zelda is supposed to be a defensive character? I'm not saying you're wrong, but what brought you to that conclusion? .
Well, essetially the premise behind zleda shiek has always been you deal damage with sheik and finish your opponent off with Zelda. IIRC melee's trophies describe this meaning Sakurai himself wanted the character to be like that. Shiek is suppose to be the damage dealer, and zelda the finisher, problem is it NEVER turned out like that.

It occurred to me that Zelda actually has traits of both a defensive char and an offensive char. The defensive traits are obvious and you pointed them out. However, she also has several offensive traits. Her teleport WD, her fast, extremely powerful kicks, her combo-oriented tilts, those are all actually aspects of an offensively oriented character, IMO. In vBrawl, I guess her status as a defensive char was cemented, but going purely off Melee, it would be hard for one to judge whether she was just a failed offensive character or a weak defensive character. Now in P:M, when one looks at certain changes, like a super-sweetspot on her kicks and a teleport WD, he sees even more aspects that could possibly lend themselves to an offensive design.
Granted. I even said Zelda's best offesive/approach option is FW in my previous post. However she is stuck in this limbo of being defensive orientated and offensive orianted. The problem is like I said to be offensive she needs GOOD combo starters/extenders beyond throws and usmash. And to be defensive she needs to force approaches, which she can't with DIn's in its current state, in its current state it is a defensive/trap projectile.
The teleport WD, in particular, strikes me as being a potentially very offensive trait. It gives her the ability to instantly be in there punishing an opening you made or pressuring a bad position you're in. The ability to cross such large distances with nearly no lag is an amazing approach tool, and it kinda makes her seem a bit like a magic Luigi at times to me.
I said FW is her best approach option, I'm not denying that.

Zelda isn't exactly light, though. She's the exact same weight as Sheik. However, she is extremely floaty (2nd floatiest in Melee). If you ask me, this just makes it even harder to kill her. She's difficult to combo without being kicked or reflectored, and yet she's not easy to kill unless you're getting vertical KOs on her.
Floaty + Sheik Weight equals light. Yes she can't get combo'd like a spacie, but remember that because of her ability to get killed quicker, even a two hit combo like Fox uthrow -> Uair does enough damage to matter. She will die at significantly lower percents then other characters, and most characters have options to kill OTT.
I also don't think her recovery is so linear or easy to edgeguard in P:M. Right off the bat, we know she can snap to the ledge or go for the stage, but going for the stage also includes edgecancelling her lag on plats if possible. She also covers herself with a decent hitbox both upon disappearing and upon reappearance.
You don't try to punish FW during the move you punish its bad endlag, she can't airdodge out of it if its initiated in the air, giving it that horrendous landing lag. Assumeing you force her to go to the stage
Finally, there is a tool that P:M gave her: Din's Mines. You say that you can "simply hop on the ledge" to edgeguard Zelda, but she can easily lay mines at the edge to prevent this tactic while she recovers herself. If she's drifting from far enough, she can even lay 2 or 3 mines to keep you from getting the ledge. This all adds up to a good and flexible recovery in my mind.
Granted, I forgot about this change, your right this does help prevent grabbing the ledge from her I was use to Din's inducing freefall when I used to play her.

I believe Zelda's smash attacks were made less SDIable to make them more similar to their Melee incarnations, except for her usmash. Her vBrawl usmash is already nigh un-SDIable.
I said thank god the PMBR fixed this problem. Also fun fact, if zelda usmash in brawl is fully staled you cannot SDI it as each hit does less then 1%.

I kinda feel like you're underestimating Zelda's moves. Yes, her usmash sets up auto-combos on practically everybody, but her other moves are quite useful as well. Her fthrow sucks you toward her and places you right above or behind her for combos; it's not that slow either. Her dtilt is uber fast and it stuns you in place for follow-ups. Her dsmash is also super fast and it sets up TCs, especially on FFers, not to mention her kicking leg is fully invincible for the entirety of the move so it can't trade. Spaced kicks are generally safe, even on shield, and nair is pretty good for starting and extending combos, especially if the opponent is on a plat. Honestly, Zelda does have problems when it comes to approaching, but I think that mostly comes from her mobility. Her moves are pretty good and they're fairly safe, too.
I'm not criticizing the utility of these moves they do have some good uses as you point out, I'm saying none of them start combos/extent combos for her. Only her grabs, usmash, Grounded Dair, ftilt, DA start combos relibly. Grounded dair though is nih impossible to land in a match, ftilt is safer then melee but still punishable, DA as I said is good if it hits, but if its blocked...............wait for the various forms of beastiological **** to ensue. FW to usmash is a nice combo starter though. and of course her grabs.

It goes back to that original design for her, she has a bunch of powerful GTFO/killing moves like utilt, fsmash dsmash, fair, bair, uair, nair, jab. Not moves for comboing/extending combos.

You mention her Dsmash setting up Tech chases, but again this move is a really good defensive tool. Spotdodge to Dsmash(oldest trick in the book) is stupid good for her. But again its a defensive option you need the opponent to apprach you for it to work. Which again there is no reason for a opponent to approach because she can't force it. Also i'm talking tourney setting here, people blindly approach in friendlies all the time, but in a bracket match vs a zelda you should not blindly approach her because you don't have to. Wait for her to come to you. If she isn't using FW to approach you can punish whatever else she is trying.

She is usable in P:M, everyone is viable. It's just she still has problems that will prevent her from being a high/top tier in P:M. And sadly its problems that have persisted throughout the history of her character.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Bbk why do you think it'd be a shame to remove Lucarios wallcling out of up b? I welcome it.
What reason does anyone have for removing Lucario's wallcling out of upB, especially if he only gets one? I can only accept that if you also "welcome" a removal of Sonic's ability to WJ out of his upB and AD after aerialling out of his upB and Ike's ability to WJ more than once out of QD.

leelue

Smash Lord
What reason does anyone have for removing cucario's wallcling out of upB, especially if he only gets one? I can only accept that if you also "welcome" a removal of Sonic's ability to WJ out of his upB and AD after aerialling out of his upB and Ike's ability to WJ more than once out of QD.
Sonic's up b?
You go to sonic's up b...
The only relevant up b in the game that doesn't protect itself with a hitbox?
Did you think about that at all before you posted?

I don't approve of ike walljumping a billion times either.

More importantly, how about you actually answer the question?

Not to mention that Lucario has 2 built in traits that already make him a freak of nature, and that adding to that another reason to make walled stages extra important kind of "piles on" the extremeness of the character.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I cited Sonic because that character already gets to recover for free. Why does he need more options when he already has all the ones he could possibly need? It's along the same lines as Ike being allowed to QDWJ way more times than anyone should ever deem fit or necessary.

My answer to the question is that it is a shame to nerf specifically Lucario's recovery when a bunch of other characters also have extraneous options that add needlessly to their already excellent recoveries. Characters like Fox (I will always cite him) get incredible onstage games while having decent recoveries. His recovery covers a good amount of distance and he has a good number of recovery options once he's within range of the ledge.

Lucario's wallcling out of ES actually opens up avenues of interesting intricacies to his gameplay. Just think about it. You're trying to edgeguard Lucario and he wallclings out of ES and instantly flips the table by fighting back. Perhaps Ike tries to dair meteor Luke at the ledge but Gokario responds with wallcling jump > super aerial FP. It allows the Lucario the option of taking a risk in order to initiate a profitable DBZ battle of epic proportions. Isn't that a major part of Lucario's core design - to take risks in order to go Super Saiyan and reap huge rewards? That's much more interesting than Fox just up/sideBing you and then killing you for having a bad reaction time.

Lucario's two built in traits do not make him a "freak of nature" any more than a character (actually two characters) that has a frame 1 move that is JCable on (maybe before) frame 4 and also has completely lagless projectiles or a char with SA-like armor on several moves that breaks shields for fun. Oh, and let's not forget that random bizarro that gets less cooldown when he hits a shield, breaks shields for fun, barely has weak sourspots, kills at all %'s, and also gets to WJ several times out of his recovery.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Lucarios recovery is beyond ******** good with that upb out of wallcling. He already has the stupid shoot you out with his 1% hits which makes going out there to edgeguard him a major fail. I can't even how many times i've been shot under stages trying to edgeguard him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom