• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
and then you super cancel into something and make someone really sad when they die because of 1%.
If they have super, you stay the **** away from them. That should speak for itself. :p

then you realize you're offstage and frame advantage is almost entirely irrelevant compared to positioning
I was referring to onstage. If Zelda places a Din's at the ledge, I can't reasonably expect to just plow through it, now can I? :smirk:

Edit: Same thing applies to FE Lords standing at the ledge, actually.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
For any Game & Watch players here, i think i mightve discovered a possibly useful tactic for Bacon

i have no clue how to describe it, but basically, if you wavebounce the bacon correctly on the ledge, it pushes you off, lands you back on stage, and tosses a bacon WITHOUT GNW doing the animation - It can also lead into other moves like smash attacks (i think they actually come out quicker)

this **** is ****ing difficult as all hell to do, i was only able to get it right about once every five or so minutes

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
...How could you not be in before someone responds to your post
because ya'know
you were in before you posted it
because you posted it
lol

For any Game & Watch players here, i think i mightve discovered a possibly useful tactic for Bacon

i have no clue how to describe it, but basically, if you wavebounce the bacon correctly on the ledge, it pushes you off, lands you back on stage, and tosses a bacon WITHOUT GNW doing the animation - It can also lead into other moves like smash attacks (i think they actually come out quicker)

this **** is ****ing difficult as all hell to do, i was only able to get it right about once every five or so minutes
reverse edge bacon landing cancel
lets see how long we can make this acronym

Also did fox have back his old fsmash in that video hotdogturtle posted? It looked like M2K was using project M, soooo....

leelue

Smash Lord
Man bubbs it is so much easier to argue with you when you're in person and I can correct your misguided logic immediately, and one point at a time, rather than spend a half hour typing a response to someone on my phone who
A) thinks that another character having vaguely similar options is justification for another character having his
B) Justifies Lucario by citing Sonic
C) thinks that "adding options" is sufficient reasoning
D) Thinks that keeping walled stages super important is ok because ike does too
E) Claims that Lucario is not a freak if nature (Or as Law and Order puts it, the insanity plea)
F) I can 5 stock in a 6 stock match

How do I add the gavel smiley

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
JUSTICE IS SERVED!!

Guess that's not it. Let's find the gavel

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Man bubbs it is so much easier to argue with you when you're in person and I can correct your misguided logic immediately, and one point at a time, rather than spend a half hour typing a response to someone on my phone who
A) thinks that another character having vaguely similar options is justification for another character having his
B) Justifies Lucario by citing Sonic
C) thinks that "adding options" is sufficient reasoning
D) Thinks that keeping walled stages super important is ok because ike does too
E) Claims that Lucario is not a freak of nature (Or as Law and Order puts it, the insanity plea)
F) I can 5 stock in a 6 stock match

How do I add the gavel smiley
(╯°Д°)╯︵┻━┻ No, I don't care if you're a competitive player, and no, I don't care if you happen to be better than me and Bubba combined. How about spending that 30 minutes to "correct his misguided logic" instead of acting like an ***.

ES leaves Lucario helpless enough as is. And no, super canceling doesn't change that, because aura charges are a very limited resource.
Okay, I'm done raging.

Personally, what I want is a PROPER wallcling out of ES, not this finicky crap they have now.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Is there anyway to do that, but have the bacon fly offstage? Would be amazing for edge guarding 2 options at once instead of picking whether you want to bacon or attack

Im guessing if you were lazy you could just bacon to the ground or something

Yung Mei

Yes there is
basically, make the bacon do a 360

when doing the bacon cancel tho, **** gets even harder

basically, the input would be
(assuming youre going to the right)
dash->bacon-> then instead of left, to go back onstage, hit left then immediately after RIGHT, gnw will go offstage with bacon cancel

i was only able to do it once, so i honestly cant remember if it works that way, or if hell just do the full bacon

Life

Smash Hero
I assume this is B-reverse bacon, in which case doing that to bacon offstage would require a backwards b-reverse bacon (or a B3 for short).

Basically, the moment you leave the ledge, you'd have to return the control stick to slightly back from neutral (think retreating SHLs with space animals), then b-reverse bacon.

So theoretically possible, but would require absurd techskill.

So we have a Backwards B-Reverse Bacon Cancel or B3C.

Yung Mei

to do a 360 bacon? i just go left all the way, then right all the way, since i dont have to practice only going part of the way

Life

Smash Hero
shouldn't that result in b-reverse Judgment though? or are you just good at timing it so you hit B before the stick goes all the way?

Yung Mei

Wat. No thats if you hold the direction while pressing b, what i do for example is

Dash, press B, then hit back and immediately hit back again

so if youre like, faceing right, B, then left/right really quickly

you can do 360 bacons while standing too

actually, i think all characters can do 360 neutral b's except for falcon and ganon, since they can already do 360 punches

EDIT - I think all characters can actually do Reverse Side-B's, GnW's is actually pretty easy (for me at least). As far as i can tell (and attempted) 360 side b's are either impossible, or so hard to do, you might as well just not even try

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
(╯°Д°)╯︵┻━┻ No, I don't care if you're a competitive player, and no, I don't care if you happen to be better than me and Bubba combined. How about spending that 30 minutes to "correct his misguided logic" instead of acting like an ***.
Just wait until you find yourself trying to explain to bubbaking why he's wrong an online medium. Trust me, it's far less exhausting just to insult him.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oh I know what Calvo is talking about.

It's some Brawl Mechanic where specials could be used to carry over momentum from platform ledges. You could even reverse your direction using it with some specials.

This mechanic is being put to use... and Melee landing detection is letting characters can land back on my main platform.

The same mechanic is the one used for Mario's Aerial Cape Extension, which was sadly one of the more notable uses for the technique in Brawl.

Also Ganon's Side-B should be 360-able. Not sure about any other character though.

Yung Mei

Speaking of brawl, i remember snake had a technique called Jon-Tech
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_1xydy9cpo

I pretty sure with Ledge Teching coming back in 2.5, we can do ledge tech's then if we can get a jump off the wall, we can wavebounce back offstage with characters that get good enough bounces like Snake, GnW, Mario Bros, Lucas, Falco, and various other charactres

in the video, the guy does it really slow, i know you can do the reversal a LOT faster than that

OH YEAH

you can reverse some downB's too LMAO, although reverse up b's are universal (i think)

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
To the thread at large-

Could we please refrain from posting things like this? This is a thread for discussing a competitive fighting game. Regardless of your opinions on the issue, that stuff is totally irrelevant to what this thread should be about. All posts like this serve to do is alienate people from posting here. Who the **** would want to talk about their hobby when it feels like they're being put on blast for issues totally unrelated?

There's such a thing as private messages. If you absolutely must have conversations like this, use them. This thread doesn't need to be dragged down the rabbit hole.
WOW, WOWOWOWOWOW

I'm the one person who made an on-topic message and you're trying to rag on me?

Don't insult the people trying to end the **** conversations and start authentic ones, fool. Especially when you don't even bother making an attempt at an on-topic post yourself.

Also Game and watch booping and bopping to the beat is the best part of that video other than the touhou song.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
The gavel smiley is :smash:.

Edit: Quote my post. Don't feel like fixing it...

WOW, WOWOWOWOWOW

I'm the one person who made an on-topic message and you're trying to rag on me?

Don't insult the people trying to end the **** conversations and start authentic ones, fool. Especially when you don't even bother making an attempt at an on-topic post yourself.
Kink, you are the biggest **** ever. I can't tell if you're trying to be sarcastic, but yours was nothing like an "authentic on-topic post"... (-_-)

Yung Mei

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Wow.....someone's defending me. I feel so...honored now. :cool:

Personally, what I want is a PROPER wallcling out of ES, not this finicky crap they have now.
vBrawl has spoken. :awesome:

Life

Smash Hero
Wat. No thats if you hold the direction while pressing b, what i do for example is

Dash, press B, then hit back and immediately hit back again

so if youre like, faceing right, B, then left/right really quickly

you can do 360 bacons while standing too

actually, i think all characters can do 360 neutral b's except for falcon and ganon, since they can already do 360 punches

EDIT - I think all characters can actually do Reverse Side-B's, GnW's is actually pretty easy (for me at least). As far as i can tell (and attempted) 360 side b's are either impossible, or so hard to do, you might as well just not even try
Your terminology is confusing me. I understand exactly what you're supposed to do: run off, immediately backwards bacon, then b-reverse that so your bacon goes forward while GnW goes backward. Basically you have to reverse the direction GnW faces twice but the momentum only once.

But the inputs you describe should not be doing that--they should be reversing the momentum twice. Either you're absurdly fast (like, should-be-maining-Foxcario fast) or I'm missing something. (Maybe the space between the two momentum reverses is enough to get GnW back over the stage? I rather doubt that but I guess it's possible.)

We should probably drop this anyway, as I don't play GnW and I'm asking more out of curiosity than anything.

Yung Mei

im starting to think i should just do a video of my hands doing what im describing lmao :D

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Gonna reply with a super long post pretty soon, but I'm pretty sure that Calvo's tech is just a B-reversal. DMG's question about going offstage would require a true WB/RBR. I think you guys are using the two terms interchangeably even though they're actually very different. Most specials, including upB's and downBs can be B-reversed. I believe only nB's can be RBR/WB'd.

Life

Smash Hero
For the record:
B Reverse is hitting B, then hitting back on the control stick to change your momentum and the direction you're facing.
Wavebounce, or as Bub-Baking calls it RBR (Reverse B Reverse I assume), is holding slightly back on the control stick so you do your neutral B backwards, then B-reversing, so you reverse your momentum but end up facing the direction you started.

Calvo Bacon towards the stage is a B reverse. Calvo Bacon away from the stage should require a wavebounce.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
@Life: That's what I said. :p

Edit: And you don't have to "hold slightly back" for the first part of the RBR (btw, Kink invented that term, not me :p ). You just have to flick backwards right before you press B. I mean, a "flick" isn't necessary. You can press the direciton normally, but you have to let go right before you press B to turn around.

@Eli: It's still coming. Bubba showing why he's kiiiiiiiing! :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom