• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
neoz, please listen to what I say with an open mind.
you're wrong.
human reaction time is about 12-15 frames (on average).
even peak human reaction times sizzle out around 8-9 frames.
so a 6 frame delay wouldn't actually influence your reaction abilities. the problem is, lag is often more then that, which can heavily affect your reaction abilities. but with a good connection, at the minimum? you'll barely notice.

The difference being the ability to react to 18 frames and not being able to react to 18 frames.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
If we did an online pm tourney for the lulz would anyone be interested?

Winner gets to call themselves the player who can best tolerate lag.

:phone:

Life

Smash Hero
When 2.5 is released and I get the chance to download it, I'll be switching to wifi safe since the full version's features aren't important enough to sacrifice replays and wifi IMO (but I'm far from a Melee purist)

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Project M demo 2.5 info leak:

The demo is actually demo 2.495. The logo, however was too tedious to make, so they just made it 2.5

Also, hyped for the weekend! I want my tiny turtle.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Who
10whos
Sorry for the late reply, but I was talking about Rusty Shacklefurd as being the great Ivysaur player I mentioned

Project M demo 2.5 info leak:

The demo is actually demo 2.495. The logo, however was too tedious to make, so they just made it 2.5

Also, hyped for the weekend! I want my tiny turtle.
Lol, I thought this post was something I should be concerned about for a sec.

And no, it's a full 0.4 more ProjectM than the last version :)

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
I'm stoked about Demo 2.5. A few of my smash bros still prefer minus over pm 2.1 (they're terrible).

I expect more PM characters will finally convert them. Ivysaur looks great

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Yo, I was wondering if every character will eventually star in their own demo video like Bowser, Lucario, Charizard, and Ivysaur. Would be nice if this was in the works as you're reading this. It would make it a lot easier to convince some hardcore brawlers into trying Project M (which I've been doing) and therefore increase the PM scene.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Speaking of Charizard, I hope he doesn't get changed that much in 2.5; I feel like people haven't been giving him a fair chance and he still has a lot of things that haven't been explored yet. Dash-canceled jab, for example, is amazing for rushing down opponents but no one really does it (since I have my C/stick set to Attack, I input dash -> crouch -> C-stick diagonal). The only things he he really needs are (1) a bigger edge grab hitbox on his up+b and (2) patching/adjusting of existing hitboxes. Maaaaybe he should also get the ability to B-reverse his glide so he doesn't have to use a jump to turn around. I think other tweaks should be as conservative as possible, but that's just my two cents.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'd rather have Charizard be as good a character as he can be, rather than just barely acceptable, myself. A good 2/3rds of the Demo2.1 cast could stand direct buffs + some tweaks, and Charizard is certainly no exception.

Yeah, 2/3rds actually sounds about right. Just about 9 of 29 characters seem really genuinely solid and are fine getting no changes for the time being.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Dash cancelled jab is really hard with normal controls x.x but aside from that the thing is that you have to space it at max range to make it safe, which makes it harder to combo off of except at specific %s. as a punish its pretty godlike, but difficult and he has multiple effective punishes. overall I don't think its AMAZING but its pretty cool. why do you think it's so good?

Maaaaybe he should also get the ability to B-reverse his glide so he doesn't have to use a jump to turn around.
that would be AMAZING

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
Small suggestion:
What do you think of making Lucas' neutral b charge as long as you don't press shield instead of as long as you keep holding down the b button ? It felt pretty unintuitive at first and I still sometimes forget I have to keep holding b and only charge for a few frames which does nothing and looks pretty strange.
That's also how most other charge moves work O:

This is totally not a buff/nerf request but only for the feel of the game so I hope it's okay to ask something like this

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Nah, that was ROB. We decided he wasn't enough like Quote and gave him the bubbler.
GET HYPE FOR THE BUBBLER. Make sure he gets a hat too

Why are we not speculating which characters are coming next? I think Metaknight, Olimar and only one Ice Climber

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather have Charizard be as good a character as he can be, rather than just barely acceptable, myself. A good 2/3rds of the Demo2.1 cast could stand direct buffs + some tweaks, and Charizard is certainly no exception.

Yeah, 2/3rds actually sounds about right. Just about 9 of 29 characters seem really genuinely solid and are fine getting no changes for the time being.
Why do you say that? Honestly, after playing since the release of Demo 2, I can say most of the cast seems fairly balanced. I think the PMBR should focus on being as conservative as possible with tweaking the existing cast, as doing too much could result in the entire balance being thrown off. Now, I do agree some characters need buffs, but not that many (Pikachu, G&W, Ness, Wario, ROB, Charizard), and I don't think any characters need nerfed. Most of the effort in this patch, IMO, should be focused on then new characters and preserving the fantastic balance of Demo 2.1

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Pikachu's actually one of the ones that's pretty fine to me.

Fox, Falco, Peach, Pit, Mario, Sheik, Link, Jigglypuff are all really really solid.

And then Lucas and Pikachu are pretty solid. Pikachu could really stand to get Pichu's better attributes though.

iLink

Smash Champion
I was only able to watch some of prof's stream and was wondering if anyone can give a little more detail on the lucario changes. I really couldnt distinguish too much because of lag on my end.

Dash attack definitely seemed slower and not to travel as far. DownB seemed to have a little more startup. I dont know if its just me but sideb seemed waaaaay slower, that or they ran into the grab hitbox really late after activation. I want to say fair looked like it hit at a a higher angle but I dont know how much DI had to do with that.

JOE!

Smash Hero
And then Lucas and Pikachu are pretty solid. Pikachu could really stand to get Pichu's better attributes though.
This has bugged me too.. why not do what you guys did with Doc/Mario, TL/YL/N64L with Pika, since Pichu isn't really likely to be included?

Also, suggestion for seed bomb:

After watching a bunch of streams, it seems like it really isn't threatening at all in the air. Would it be possible to have it live up to it's "bomb" nature and have it explode if an enemy attacks it?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Dash cancelled jab is really hard with normal controls x.x but aside from that the thing is that you have to space it at max range to make it safe, which makes it harder to combo off of except at specific %s. as a punish its pretty godlike, but difficult and he has multiple effective punishes. overall I don't think its AMAZING but its pretty cool. why do you think it's so good?
Even at 0%, jab is strong enough that it sends almost all characters into tumble, forcing them to tech if they aren't super floaty. From there, you can tech-chase with DSmash all day. At low %s, when opponents DI up instead of DI'ing out to avoid getting DSmash tech-chased, you can jab again, which usually sets up for shffl'd NAir depending on floatiness (which is typically bad if they're on the ground and can crouch-cancel it, but they're in the air in this scenario). At higher %s, jab puts them into the air for combos and you can use USmash to beat out aerial descents (when properly timed, it even beats out Falco's DAir). In general, jab is a great juggle-starter, anti-air, covers a lot of range in front of him, and is pretty fast when considering it's uses (it comes out on frame 5, according to Rude's thread). Coupled with Charizard's running speed (4th fastest run in the game), dash-canceled jab is an extremely dangerous option. Depending on DI, floatiness, and %, you can even combo dash-canceled jabs into each other.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the thing about his low% juggle starts like dsmash and jab is they're far more likely to set up tech scenarios, since they have relatively low bkb they don't break CCs at all, or even ground techs. Your opponent has to mess up for you to actually be able to start a juggle off a low % jab. The move does set up a decent tech chase though since it has such little end lag. thats why i see it as a punish option moreso

thats crazy zard has 4th fastest run, I had no idea o.O it did seem quite fast but...damn.

Revven

FrankerZ
I was only able to watch some of prof's stream and was wondering if anyone can give a little more detail on the lucario changes.
We can't really because his changes, like everyone else, aren't finalized. His move set as a whole has been tweaked in small ways we can't get into right now.

metroid1117

Smash Master
the thing about his low% juggle starts like dsmash and jab is they're far more likely to set up tech scenarios, since they have relatively low bkb they don't break CCs at all, or even ground techs. Your opponent has to mess up for you to actually be able to start a juggle off a low % jab. The move does set up a decent tech chase though since it has such little end lag. thats why i see it as a punish option moreso
From my experience, CC'ing a DSmash puts the opponent either in a missed-tech position or they get set up but not quite as high as without CC'ing. I haven't specifically tested or notably experienced CC'd jabs though.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
This has bugged me too.. why not do what you guys did with Doc/Mario, TL/YL/N64L with Pika, since Pichu isn't really likely to be included?
To be fair, Pikachu's smaller size and buffed Smashes are reminiscent of the better parts of Pichu. You could call Pikachu:M a hybrid of Pichu and Pikachu -- PiPikachu!

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Speaking of Charizard, I hope he doesn't get changed that much in 2.5; I feel like people haven't been giving him a fair chance and he still has a lot of things that haven't been explored yet. Dash-canceled jab, for example, is amazing for rushing down opponents but no one really does it (since I have my C/stick set to Attack, I input dash -> crouch -> C-stick diagonal). The only things he he really needs are (1) a bigger edge grab hitbox on his up+b and (2) patching/adjusting of existing hitboxes. Maaaaybe he should also get the ability to B-reverse his glide so he doesn't have to use a jump to turn around. I think other tweaks should be as conservative as possible, but that's just my two cents.

According to JCaesar (He said this on his Wednesday Legion stream iirc) Charizard got a few good tweeks in the upcoming demo release. He noted that mobility was the prime attribute that was boosted for Charizard. He no longer goes into special fall after cancelling his glide with a jump, it functions like Pit's glide mechanics now (not entirely, just the cancellation part). There's also been a change to his grounded Down B which now enables Charizard to enter glide right out of it (once again appealing to his new mobility).

B reversing has been introduced to glide as well, I think it was rather stupid for Charizard to only have 2 jumps and be forced to sacrifice one just so he can turn around, so this glide tweek definitely helps immensely.

I'm sure there's like one or two more changes I'm missing, but I think Charizard really needed that mobility boost above everything else.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I did not confirm any specific Zard changed, just that he got some. I don't even know any specifics as I am not involved in his development nor do I play him.

Additionally, Zard's dsmash (and any move that spikes on the ground) cannot be CCed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom