• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh. eh. well.
hey as a zelda main how do you feel about her up b?
i think its kinda broken. its too powerful of a tool. amazing for escape and approach.
but what do u think? what are its weaknesses?

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Why all the Ike nerfs?

Can you remove two of Jigglypuff's jumps? It would make there be a risk to her going off stage and only affects a small portion of her on-stage game. There's no reason you should be using more than 4 jumps on stage unless you're doing some Hungrybox stuff anyway.
Why remove options if a character doesn't require nerfs? Jiggs is far from broken. Changing her only serves to piss off her players. Unless you're comparing that to nerfing Ike, which is hardly comparable given Jiggs has 10 years of metagame and Ike doesn't even have 10 months.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
lol i'll get beat up for this, but i actually haven't gotten the game yet. complete procrastination. TT . TT

But I have been trying keep up on the subject of zelda and learn as much as I can.
Personally, FW is good, and without it she would likely be lower on the spectrum. But Nayru seems a little better for returning to a neutral position (or safety) because FW still has startup lag that can be interrupted by fast moves, but it looks great for approach, platform mindgames, etc. So yeah, it's good.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I see dingding reading, I wonder what he will say.

Zelda ok... I think some stuff is boring though. Oh you're a fast faller and I did Usmash? Silly me I'm gonna do Usmash again. To be fair though, there's no really fun way to make her more offensive besides completely reworking her or making her extremely combo/kick capable.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I recall her being able to set up side B with a reasonable amount of speed and use it as a movement option as well in Demo 1, where she can do something like maybe it was Air Dodge out of them? At least then she was fun.

iLink

Smash Champion
I'll be kinda mad if her fair/bair are reverted to demo 1. That thing was stupid easy to sweetspot.

I don't see what's wrong with it now. You don't get a scrawny flub hit for not nailing the sweetspot and is still rewarding while being greatly rewarding for actually getting the sweetspot on her foot.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
oh. eh. well.
hey as a zelda main how do you feel about her up b?
i think its kinda broken. its too powerful of a tool. amazing for escape and approach.
but what do u think? what are its weaknesses?
Whenever I try to use it a lot, my opponent usually just throws out an attack and wherever I show up I get hit, if you WD out of it that is, anyone can hit you first when you show up

I see dingding reading, I wonder what he will say.

Zelda ok... I think some stuff is boring though. Oh you're a fast faller and I did Usmash? Silly me I'm gonna do Usmash again. To be fair though, there's no really fun way to make her more offensive besides completely reworking her or making her extremely combo/kick capable.
I think she's fine the way she is, I think she's fun

I recall her being able to set up side B with a reasonable amount of speed and use it as a movement option as well in Demo 1, where she can do something like maybe it was Air Dodge out of them? At least then she was fun.
I think you could jump cancel it, you could place 3 real fast and it was really fun, idk why it was taken out though

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I've done a lot of special modes recently, like Lucario vs anyone on Metal Mode/High Gravity/damage ratio of 0.5, try winning that ( I think half his stuff like his side-b grab becomes an infinite obv). And in Mini Mode everyone's Moonwalk is awesome as it is increased just like special attack inertia, where they still moonwalk the same distance as normal size or better, and carry the same momentum.

Rikana's Stream= Ike's D-smash looks a few frames longer

leelue

Smash Lord
Zelda could air dodge and jump out of the old dins fire. I should know, i did the entire initial writeup on the character when demo 1 came out on smashmods.

You know, helpful things I apparently don't do

Ilink your assertion that dins needs to be faster to set up makes me think you have no idea what you're talking about. Play as ganon vs a player like me and you'll see how goddamn oppressive they can be

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
havent posted here in a while..

Ike.

also, at the big house i played like one or two friendlies since i had to kinda help move the bracket along. someone asked me where my ike was when i was playing.

in case you havent heard. ive literally never played ike once in my life.

Best ike 2012 right here

Spoon~

Smash Ace
havent posted here in a while..

Ike.

also, at the big house i played like one or two friendlies since i had to kinda help move the bracket along. someone asked me where my ike was when i was playing.

in case you havent heard. ive literally never played ike once in my life.

Best ike 2012 right here
pretty sure that was me lol.

IKE Carroll for best 2012 Ike.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Hey Guys

Later today the UK will be Streaming v2.5 and getting a grip with Ivysaur

The fest will include Myself, Fuzzyness, Jolteon and Alpha Dash
And of course I will be demonstrating how Snake is Top Tier :awesome:

The Stream will be on www.twitch.tv/Fuzzyness @ 8pm (it's 4:43pm here right now, so for those of you with different time zones, in about 3 hours)

Will re-post again closer to the time :D

iLink

Smash Champion
Zelda could air dodge and jump out of the old dins fire. I should know, i did the entire initial writeup on the character when demo 1 came out on smashmods.

You know, helpful things I apparently don't do

Ilink your assertion that dins needs to be faster to set up makes me think you have no idea what you're talking about. Play as ganon vs a player like me and you'll see how goddamn oppressive they can be
Obviously some characters like ganon arent going to have the easiest time with them. A good majority if the cast has a way with dealing with them though. I never claimed that they werent useful against anyone.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom