• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I can't watch it right now, but assuming you're using a microphone, go into sound settings and disable the microphone boost. This should fix your problem.
My computer crashed after like.. 20 mins because of xSplit lol but I think I did it. Thanks Toast!

To the 4 or so people who watched my stream, thanks. I'll be doing more. I hope we were interesting to watch.

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm going to complain about squirtle whether he is broken or not

**** looks so annoying

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero

metroid1117

Smash Master
How did you not know this
It's his fastest (attack) option out of QD and pops up for combo starting unless they DI properly.
Maybe not quite as legit as QDWD though. That's always more fun to do, especially QDWD off the stage into DJ aerials. Or just an instant aerial
I originally tested it on Pit, it set up for stuff but didn't true combo into anything. I guess Pit was just too floaty to show the combo potential.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Where are anyones opinions about Ike based on? Like, how many people actually have a solid amount of experience against him? A lot of them seem almost baseless.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I play with the second top placing Ike at FC, Rusty Shacklefurd, who got 17th at FC, all the time- like, at least twice a week.

And my opinion is that he can be dealt with, but his recovery is awfully safe, and being able to QDWJ indefinitely should seriously GTFO lol.
Just slightly toning down his recovery would put him in a great place of still great, punishes no one for advancing their character's metagame, and still gives people room to develop their own metagames around how to play against Ike.

But seriously, he can be Falco f-tilted out of Aether. Like, it's not THAT bad :p
He's getting super overrated right now. I mean, yeah, I get it, he's a great character, but there's no need to start drama on the boards over it :)

@EternalYoshi
Did people think Ike was good at Brawl's release?

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Thats how its always been on here dazrin, its impossible for a reasonable discussion on this board, I've tried and all I get are snide comments and drama drama drama.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I'd like to see more people post footage of good Ike players against people who know the match-up, that way we can talk about what worked and why it worked, for both sides.

Since everyone has different Ike experiences, this could help get everyone talking about the same thing.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Sounds like a good idea to me, it would give the pmbr a better idea on if something needs to be fixed or changed, and if so what. It would also give people something constructive to talk about lol.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Well, that PMp GF's video I linked is one of them.
There's a second set to that GF's where Yakal 3-0'd Rusty's Ike in Set2 of GFs.

Yakal also sends Rusty to LFs in this set

And these last 4 friendlies between Fly and Metroid come to mind, as well.

Lastly, Vanz's Sheik VS Vro's Ike proves its completely possible to edgeguard Ike.

Rusty has mentioned in the past that he is fine fighting space animals with Ike, but struggles with Sheik more than anyone, so watching that MM play out in person was extremely interesting to me.

@Eternal Yoshi:
Ah, okay. I don't really have any experience playing brawl (or never cared enough to go out of my way to learn about it) so I honestly didn't know, lol.

iLink

Smash Champion
No one seriously thought Ike was good in brawl besides the casuals that thought upb was spammable and fsmash was broken.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ike won the gamestop tournament, and the final match was double Ike.

iLink

Smash Champion
That was like, day 1 stuff though and no one had any serious time to sit down with the game.

The first few weeks the game was out, no one really thought he was very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom