• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
lol 6? Where did that number come from
Sleep deprivation, only way I can take forums anyways lol.

Oh other stuff I forgot I had in my mind:

What if in Ike dittos you spiked the other Ike out of Aether with a Jump to Nuet-B right over where his apex is going to be, that'd be cool. Also if he's aethering and you can see he's not sweet spotting, you can go for the crazyness of doing a QDAttack into him lol I haven't seen that yet.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I think Ike is competitively fine but atrociously designed, personally, like Demo1 Sonic or any version of Zelda forever.

A better initial dash, along with a faster OoS option and/or a faster/different nair are the only changes I really want for the guy.
Lol I think their head was in the right place for ike, but it wasn't the best way to go about it. My opinion on the matter is he could use a retooled sideb, make it to where its an actual quickdraw, as in faster start up speed, maybe coming out on frame 3 or 4, having some light heavy armor(like something that could beat a projectile and thats it) on the first couple frames and then make it to where the attack he does out of it is that little hitbox he has behind him when he charges it fully now (of course being less ridiculous, the more charge it has the better the power and smaller the hitbox). Make him a little lighter, I dunno about fair, thats a tough cookie to deal with, maybe make the hitbox end sooner so it doesn't cover the whole stage constantly lol. The wall jump with side b is fine, just maybe reduce the amount of times you can do it.

Btw I liked that zelda comment, legit lol actually, and before strongbad tries to whip me for saying anything about change after its only been 3 or so months, its just a suggestion on what I'd do if I was making him, doesn't mean I'll expect you guys to do what I say, I'll still treat ike like he is the final version, so calm your bones.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I thought I made it quite clear. AttackLw4Start, the animation that occurs before the charging loop, is 6 frames, and the attack after this comes out on Frame 8 of AttackLw41, for a total of 14. I don't know where, why, or how anyone got confused.
Probably somwhere in the transition from visual signals to processed information

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
and before strongbad tries to whip me for saying anything about change after its only been 3 or so months, its just a suggestion on what I'd do if I was making him
Problem is, nobody really cares what you'd do if you were making him... because you aren't.
Also, I'll never be able to take you seriously with that avatar. Never.

EDIT: Wow just realized I double posted. That could have been done better.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Oh I also forgot to mention I've def. seen Vro WD OOS D-smash in one of these, among other good times to use it for its speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN7dtzElW1Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SZaCgSps0A <- Think it's this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9mcQNeg3zE

I also forgot to put "WD" in front of the OOS D-smash talk in the past posts, whenever it's not Up-smash/Grab/Up-b I imply a WD.

Tim and Eric is sacred.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Problem is, nobody really cares what you'd do if you were making him... because you aren't.

EDIT: Wow just realized I double posted. That could have been done better.
Well aren't you a little prick lol, people give their opinions on how they think characters should be or shouldn't all the time in here and the pmbr has picked some cool ideas from that (ex. ike's downsmash) so whatever, if my idea sucks oh well I guess.

Lol and about my avatar, I've got one thing to say about it....Gotcha! (I hope someone gets that)

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
guys what should i do while my opponents are invincible after a stock

i just try to jump over them

it doesn't work
Stay under their respawn platform (It's a good idea to know the respawn locations of every stage), then stay as close as you can to them without being in their actual range. Like, just close enough to entice an attack, and just far enough to get further away when they give a tell that they're going to attack.

Smarter players will use the invincibility more to gain a positional advantage than to try and blast toward you, but knowing their tells for attacks is still important. After respawning, "unsafe" moves like dash attack tilts tend to be favoured, since there isn't the usual risk associated with them.

It's not as easy as "bait and avoid" because baiting and reading cues is a metaconcept in itself, but generally doing evasive close-range spacing is the best thing to do since even if you do get hit, you should be hit far enough away by combination of DI and proximity to the hitbox for it to be as small a hindrance as possible.

For that first video you posted mad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN7dtzElW1Y&feature=player_detailpage#t=170s
2:50 to 3:06
LOOK GUYS
ALL THE PROBLEMS TO YOUR IKE MATCHUPS
SOLVED RIGHT ****ING THERE
No clearly this only applies to the sheik matchup and is therefore irrelevant.

Ike's fair is unbeatable I thought that was obvious and indisputable. One or two or 38 examples to the contrary are only isolated examples particular to those matchups and can't be applied on a grander scale.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
well to be fair sheik counters ike, i believe. but that's basically the idea. that was a really good set.
I was right beside them while they were playing, and I'm pretty sure they played more than just one money match. Vanz looked kinda frustrated with the matchup at first but he seemed to adapt quickly.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
Every time you posted, I imagined you actually typed it with your feet from that chair, so you wasted no time capitalizing or punctuating unless necessary. That didn't detract from your posts, I read most of them. It's just funny to think about.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

Or an eagle. An eagle will work too.
laughed way harder at that than i should have
i just think typing without punctuation and proper grammar is funny
and i always post from my phone
it's become a bad habit
i'll change it back for u ♥

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Woah how tf did you make that little heart thing.

All I can make are these stars ★★★

PEW ★PEW PEW ★ ★ PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPE ★★★★★★★★

°ひ°・

cannedbread, did my advice against respawn invincibility make sense?

cannedbread

Smash Lord
Woah how tf did you make that little heart thing.

All I can make are these stars ★★★

PEW ★PEW PEW ★ ★ PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPE ★★★★★★★★

°ひ°・

cannedbread, did my advice against respawn invincibility make sense?
yes it made perfect sense
thank you ( ° o°)/
it all just comes down to having better spacing i suppose
i'll try it next time i play

♥♠♦♣
my phone has all these nifty icons :D
π=3.14

...i need to sleep

MaxThunder

PM Support
Pretty much everybody is vulnerable to projectiles in the air...I don't know what else to say lol.
... you're the one who said going into the air was a good idea against projectiles, though...

No you own the Exaggerestimating, 1 google result besides your own, compared to 180 for the hypergen.

Really wish I could get the time off for the Saturday Tournament, reading the thread of it there's Kirk and MattDotZeb and now Spoon here just posted that he's going. Oh well.

Metroid , there's one match where I did an aerial which hit your shield and then i feel off ledge canceling it and then did a cool fair (it too hit your shield so i must of fell off with a reverse bair) I thought it was on FD so I watched all of the FD matches on my SD card I think but didn't see it, any clue what character/stage it might of been on? I might of forgotten to save it. I watched the replays you recorded (which was a ton wow lol) and I didn't see it in any of them either.
have...

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
... you're the one who said going into the air was a good idea against projectiles, though...
No I didn't lol, I was responding to kinklink's post to that fact that bowser having a slow jump squat animation meant that he couldn't get into the air fast enough if he wanted to, but I suggested jump cancel bowser bomb cause it gets him in the air faster and has super armor. He is still in the air and stuff, but its a better option than just jumping.

He could just use the super armor on his downb and just jump out of it, problem solved lol.
There you go

Ace55

Smash Lord
I don't understand people want to nerf Ike. I mean the guy fights for his friends. Let's nerf Pit or something, that kid's an ***hole.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
That's true. That voice is pretty annoying. And I thought Kirby's Melee taunt was bad.

Can we nerf pit to the point where no one uses him, so I don't have to hear that voice anymore? Same goes for Fox.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Well Mario just fights for drugs and cake, so he should probably be nerfed. Also Ness fights for the universe so I suggest massive buffs to his everything.

No clearly this only applies to the sheik matchup and is therefore irrelevant.

Ike's fair is unbeatable I thought that was obvious and indisputable. One or two or 38 examples to the contrary are only isolated examples particular to those matchups and can't be applied on a grander scale.
I'm guessing/hoping you're trolling.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Ness fights for the universe? He definitely needs major buffs.

Like a giant drill. And a few spiral moves. And an even bigger drill. One that's the size of the universe. I mean, who the hell do you think Ness is? He's got the Yoyo that will pierce the heavens (Yoyo's spin, therefore they have spiral power).

Is it bad that hearing the word universe makes me want to reference that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom