• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
zelda has bad air defense
she'll have a hard time coming down to the ground
i noticed that zelda has good di but it doesn't necessarily stop her from dying from a strong enough vertical sender
still has bad approach options (inb4 farore teleport, she'll end up running into attacks more often than bringing one out)
dins are a comboing/trap setup tool than a camping projectile like falcos lasers so those don't help approaching
watch out for nayrus it's rly good lol
don't get usmashed
zelda had the strongest uair in brawl don't know if it still applies but w/e
i cant think of anything else

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
zelda has bad air defense
she'll have a hard time coming down to the ground
i noticed that zelda has good di but it doesn't necessarily stop her from dying from a strong enough vertical sender
still has bad approach options (inb4 farore teleport, she'll end up running into attacks more often than bringing one out)
dins are a comboing/trap setup tool than a camping projectile like falcos lasers so those don't help approaching
watch out for nayrus it's rly good lol
don't get usmashed
zelda had the strongest uair in brawl don't know if it still applies but w/e
i cant think of anything else
haikus are only supposed to be 3 lines

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Any tips on Wario edgeguarding? Does his dtilt hitbox cover the ledge?
Have balls and edgeguard with Dair

Waft should hit kinda low, use side b from the ground, or just try his horizontal aerials.

xianglongfa

Smash Apprentice
tier list:

1. Zelda/Sheik :together they're br0kennnnnnnn (dev power!)

2. (split)
-Fox
-Peach(****loadsofbuffs)
-TL
-DK (strong bad is a dev, go ****ing figure)
-Lucario(only for ppl with brawl/sf skill, otherwise low tier)

3. (split)
-Falco (combo game heavily nerfed, many of his matchups got much worse)
-Marth
-Lucas
-Jigglypuff

-
lots of random characters
-

-
charizard
ness
You forgot about Pit LOL

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Zard's solid, it's just that just about every other character is more solid. That's how tier lists are going to go in such a balanced game.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
tier list:

1. Zelda/Sheik :together they're br0kennnnnnnn (dev power!)

2. (split)
-Fox
-Peach(****loadsofbuffs)
-TL
-DK (strong bad is a dev, go ****ing figure)
-Lucario(only for ppl with brawl/sf skill, otherwise low tier)

3. (split)
-Falco (combo game heavily nerfed, many of his matchups got much worse)
-Marth
-Lucas
-Jigglypuff

-
lots of random characters
-

-
charizard
ness
LINK

WHERE IS HE

AND WHY IS TL ABOVE HIM

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf

cannedbread

Smash Lord
psh all you kids and your reliable one shot kill moves
pit's got kill moves in spades
all of them aerials except glair kill
you just gotta work for it
like going offstage
pit can kill, just not from the center of, say fd

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Have balls and edgeguard with Dair

Waft should hit kinda low, use side b from the ground, or just try his horizontal aerials.
As DMG said--

F-Air and N-Air have the lowest risk, but it can be difficult to catch some opponents that way if they come from below or above.

You can time a grounded Forward-B to catch characters who don't have much choice in when to Up-B.

Alternatively, you can jump out to BEHIND the person recovering and Forward-B toward the stage so that if you miss, you bounce off the stage and can still recover.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I was playing a friend the other day and out of no where, he's hating on ROB. We weren't even playing as ROB. Then he randoms into ROB and now ROB is one of his mains.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Leffen brings up a good point in that not many people seriously practice this game (the top players, especially) so characters that are easier to play would generally do better because of the lack of general practice going on. Not many people have really *tried* and practiced hard to figure out how to counter Ike yet. Characters like Snake, GAW, and DDD in the early stages of brawl, characters like Sheik and Ganon in the early stages of Melee, and characters like Wesker are all great examples of the point Leffen brings to the table.

I guess you could say that, "Well, most people are just practicing Melee, and the top players mostly just use their Melee mains in PM, so they don't really require a lot of PM practice since the games are similar enough." But it still doesn't detract from the fact that there is still a severe lack of MU experience going on in PM in these early stages of the game. Lots of people (once again, top players, especially) don't even know what a lot of the characters in PM do. In pools, I was talking to Axe quite a bit about project:M and told him he was really good, and he just said "I dunno man, I just play Pikachu. I don't really know anything about anyone in this game. I just play Pikachu :p"
There's always going to be gaps in knowledge for characters because every region has matchups they will be better at and some that are worse which is why it's up to you to watch videos and do your homework if your matchup knowledge is weak in some area. I think I can understand this process enough where i do not get surprised in tournament, sometimes you just get outplayed. Even after 10 years, there's still gaps in knowledge in Melee as well. The only way this cannot happen anymore is if P:M eventually gets 1k+ people tournaments and that people are really hungry to win and learn everything about the game. (Whotf does this anymore, right?)

I still think a lot of people can refine the Ganon matchup and the Pika matchup but generally at that point in the bracket it becomes more about choices and skill, imo.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I have a request regarding CPU AI. For training mode, it would be awesome if some of the CPU behaviors could be repurposed/edited. For example, the run command could be made so that the computer will use a random direction when deciding DI/tech roll direction. This would be much better than the current avoidant behaviour. On the simpler side, making the jump command force the CPU to, well, jump at the earliest opportunity. As of now, it will only do so if grounded; if it were able to jump in the air, it would be a lot easier to tell if something is a true combo. This could also be added to the run command. Would it be possible to set a condition to jump only when in the air/tumble? It would be awesome if new behavior like this upon exiting hitstun could be added. Perhaps there could be a random chance of the CPU doing nothing, jumping, air dodging, or throwing out a move?

I suppose the main thing out of all of that is having the ability to practice against different types of DI by yourself. Even if the CPU is picking it at random, it would be much better than putting the game on 1/4 speed and using two controllers to test (my current method for when I lack a lab partner).

That said, I love the AI edits y'all have already put into effect. They do act a bit smarter, and I've been noticing that even in training mode, they'll try to exit tumble asap (which is a HUGE improvement over previous iterations). This game's lab could be so much more, though! Any effort put into improving it will be very appreciated by me, and (I'm certain) the community at large.

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
I'm sick of the buff/nerf crap that no one can agree on.

How do you people have friends that know all of the techinical stuff?

I don't even have ANYONE good to play this game with. NO ONE. NO ONE. A few decent friends. And then some want to play Story Mode instead and one of my friends wanted items on one time, if I remember right.

I HAVE NO ONE.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Watching Axe's pool sets with Pikachu really accentuated how weird Pikachu's "squishy" sound effects are. I was almost able to tolerate them in Brawl by getting into the mindset that it was an entirely different character, but seeing Pikachu:M moving around so fast and doing real combos and gimps just makes it sound like serious character with fake sound effects that don't match the moves.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm sick of the buff/nerf crap that no one can agree on.

How do you people have friends that know all of the techinical stuff?

I don't even have ANYONE good to play this game with. NO ONE. NO ONE. A few decent friends. And then some want to play Story Mode instead and one of my friends wanted items on one time, if I remember right.

I HAVE NO ONE.

Get them on smashboards, have them read and try out stuff. If they don't want to, find new friends. Simple as that.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
if you hit lucas hard enough he sounds like ganon
lucario: rr rr argh rgh AHH AR RAAH RR
charizards tech rolls make me lol
the only word ganon says is death HOW HXC

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Wiis are so cheap now, it's great. On Google I found one used for $50. Though perhaps used for a game like Brawl isn't optimal.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You could have just enjoyed the picture he posted, but no.

I want Wario to occasionally have the "OH I MISSED" sound if he whiffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom