• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yeah, I agree with you Ilink.

Wolf is by far the worst space animal of the bunch. Not that he needs changes or anything, but he's definitely not near fox/falco level. For approaches, I've seen nair->shine as the most popular, as well as dair or dash-attack to be Wolf's usual approach options. I've played against a lot of players with solid wolves (SW, Chillin, Meta, Yakal) and those seem to be the most popular approaches.

Every single wolf I've played against has a very distinct style:

-SW likes to uair, fair, nair, and shine a lot, juggling people using those moves, and he's the only wolf main I've seen to use full hop nair in a juggle combo. I think SW plays wolf the way he is meant to be played, and it involves a lot of nair->shine-> uairs, or dash-attack -> uairs.
-Chillin plays Wolf a lot like Falcon in the sense that he doesn't nair->shine at all, and usually starts combos using dair, and tech-chases from there with grabs and dash attack.
-Meta plays a very falco-esque Wolf that focuses mainly on shield-pressure with nair-shine, and dair shine on shields. He also prioritizes using Lasers to approach into nair->shine, to start combos, and uses DAir in similar ways a Falco would. Lots of Lasers and Dairs, with nair-shine as shield pressure. A very defense-oriented wolf playstyle.
-Yakal's Wolf isn't very developed since he doesn't really use the character, but he also plays a very Falco-esque wolf, except laserless- making for a very aggressive style. It doesn't really work out usually, but hey, he mains falco and doesn't care a whole lot for wolf in general.

I wish I could play Professor Pro to see for myself how his wolf plays now :p. I've seen his videos, but those are kind've dated and I'd like to see his style by actually playing him, as I think that's where I can analyze the best.

Anyways, yeah Link is pretty darn good, and his CG is really annoying. It's a tether though, so if he misses, he'll *hopefully* get punished for it :p Great stage control along with a long reach and a lot of power behind him.

I agree with what you said about Lucario, Ilink. Lucario is very 1 dimensional, in that being upclose is all he can really do. Once he gets in, its hard to keep yourself off him, (depending on how skilled the lucario player is) but playing homo is probably the best strategy against him.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
To people talking about Peach earlier:

Peach did get one notable buff: glide toss out of shield. It gives her another counterattack option that isn't Nair or wavedash oos.
Peach wrecks Lucario. If she floats then Lucario can't do anything since her aerials plow through him, and she won't get dash attacked while in the air.
Also Grab while holding a turnip, D-smash with turnip, aerial glide tossing, up-B distance, U-tilt, side-B length, F-smash cycling, and RAR Floating.

At least the "Lucario is haxorz" parade is ending. I can't see him in top 10 or even bottom 10 really. He's the epitome of middle-of-the-line 14th-16th.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I still think lucario is quite good it's just a matter of being patient with such a combo oriented character so that you don't get ***** trying to rush in on people.

on another note..Ivysaur looks AMAZINGLY fun.:cool:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Most people are caught up on how unavoidable his jab > sideb or dash attack > sideb are on shield when in most cases you can literally roll to avoid the sideb.
Just wanna note that this is incorrect. You can cancel any nonspecial into Lucario's side-B as soon as the hit confirms, and it skips the side-B's startup and goes directly into grab on the next frame, meaning it is in fact unavoidable as long as the Lucario player isn't half-asleep.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Just wanna note that this is incorrect. You can cancel any nonspecial into Lucario's side-B as soon as the hit confirms, and it skips the side-B's startup and goes directly into grab on the next frame, meaning it is in fact unavoidable as long as the Lucario player isn't half-asleep.

^^^ What was that about Lucario not being good gentlemen???

VVVV How do you buffer roll with no buffer window?

iLink

Smash Champion
Are you entirely sure on that? I remember testing it against people that I instructed to buffer the roll and they were able to avoid it pretty consistently. They were able to do it without buffering as well.

EDIT: C-stick buffers rolls regardless of preset buffer window

leelue

Smash Lord
Damn I was about to say that.
Idk where people get this misinformation from

Wouldn't the startup on the roll lose to the frame1 grab? I guess the Lucario would have a hard time moving his fingers that fast and that's why the...other player escaped?

iLink

Smash Champion
I might have been doing it too slow but if that is the case, you need to input the sideb really damn fast. We literally stopped in the middle of our match to test it and he was escaping the sideb with a roll every time. I also haven't tested it myself but I assume you are still able to escape sideb by mashing while he is doing the grab animation although its really only a viable option at lower percents.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Things I disagree with that I feel like telling you about with little to no explanation:

"Ike is broken/should be nerfed"
"Wolf's laser is bad"
"DK is free vs. Falco"
"Mario is not the best character in this game"
"Sushi tastes bad"

:phone:

cannedbread

Smash Lord
idk about yall but i still think lucario is top 10
his shield pressure is pretty good despite having brawl shields
i think depsite of the comboez!! lucario has
lucario needs to be defensive
because of his terribad approach
patience is key
find the time to do your thing

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Any vids of a recent build on him?
Not that you know of.

Are you entirely sure on that? I remember testing it against people that I instructed to buffer the roll and they were able to avoid it pretty consistently. They were able to do it without buffering as well.

@Ike things. Ike needs nerfs and buffs.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
ike is priy gud
nah jk hes mad ****
if anything of him were to be nerfed
it would most likely have to be
aether and his ftilt
aether is easily the hardest recovery to successfully edgeguard
go ahead and think of a harder recovery i dare you
ftilt has no lag!! too good!!
utilt is fine
dtilt is fine too but annoying but then again most dtilts are annoying

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Things I disagree with that I feel like telling you about with little to no explanation:

"Ike is broken/should be nerfed"
"Wolf's laser is bad"
"DK is free vs. Falco"
"Mario is not the best character in this game"
"Sushi tastes bad"

I would have never guessed

That that was your opinion of Sushi

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i never understood sonics specials. please sonic experts enlighten me if i'm wrong

side b is jump cancellable at any(?) time, b can be pressed again to skip the sh

down b is shield cancellable during the charge. if done in mid air sonic can cancel part of the dash once he hits the ground into a shield, right?

SPRING MAKE YOU GO HIGH
HA MAKES YOU GO HA

oh yeah and ha's animation on hit is cancellable too? into other specials right?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
You can also do the regular Spinjump (which is a very easy way to WD on platforms with) out of D-B at any charge. To jump straight up, you have to hold down and jump otherwise you will take your momentum of the spin into your jump, iirc.

I played a lot of Demo1 Sanic, but I've only toyed around with D2 Sanic.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Side B jumps at the start. The longer B is held, the bigger the jump. Pressing and releasing B as soon as you can should do an instant spin dash forward. The jump at the start up makes this his primary horizontal recovery tool if held.

Down B charges at the start, with an active hitbox, and B is pressed rapidly to increase the dash speed and power when released. Down B can spin jump upward with a separate active single-hit hitbox, and can be Shield canceled during the charge phase.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
speaking of sonic, does he still loose his second jump when simultaneously jumping out of side-b? It's quite annoying and can easily lead to an SD if done near the ledge. I brought it up long ago but never got a reply

iLink

Smash Champion
EDIT: err nvm read that wrong

Well if he jumps in the air... why shouldn't it use his second jump? It won't take up your second jump if you are grounded.

Unless you are referring to his spinshot

kaizo13

Smash Champion
a held spinshot (levitated) and tap spinshot (grounded) both allow you to jump of of it...but this particular instance i'm talking about doesn't, which happens to me often and usually leads to my death. So is it a glitch or something?

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
imo, it's been easier for me to spin shot outta down b for sonic. Even in brawl. Then again, I'm crazy and probably the only sonic player that likes down b more than side be anyway.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
So I replaced Lucario's on-hit SFX with SF3S hit sounds. He sounds 90% less lame now.

Now onto his punch and kick swing SFX.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Uploading money matches from FC on my youtube. I went ROB in all of them (except vs Monkunit who forced me to Falcon ditto haha). I'll also be uploading several money matches between Vanz and Vro, and 14 minutes of ROB dittos between Vanz and me :p

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If I knew where to look in subactions for when that visual effect for a meter level occurs (first aura orbs and second aura orbs), I'll move one of his FS SFX (since they're really long) into the command and replace it.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
Pm sfx tier list

s tier
ike
dk

a tier
snake
rob
tink
link

b tier
ness
dedede
lucas
shiek/zelda
ganon

f tier
all pokemon

g tier
everyone else

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
When will VGBC Have the FC Videos on youtube...or are they uploading it? Anyone know?

The best sound combo in the game is hearing snake say "there" followed by an explosion sounds and your opponent dying. It's so great...but it sucks when it happens to you.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i miss the psi twinkle sound :(

i also miss the generic sword swing/sheik slap sound

i also hate the announcers voice

i cringe whenever he says MARF

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
You can time out with Pit way better than Ike.
Also Jigglypuff. Sonic. Mario.

There are maybe 2 stages where you can time out with Pit. It's not like he can fly forever and auto-snaps to the ledge like in brawl. Ike on the other hand can sweetspot plank the ledge for awhile against pretty much everyone who doesn't have long range/high priority moves. So....gay...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Thanks for reminding me that I need to bring back the twinkle. Been seriously missing that in Ness and Lucas.

Also RUCUSS, FAWX, MRGAYMANWATCH, TUNE LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom