• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Just throwing this out there, since it seems like a few people forgot about it.

For the people who stream pretty often and are not on here, Peef has set up Team Smashbros on twitch.tv. Whoever is available should definitely look into it.

---

Also, KingBlaze, you have my number I think. We should play some P:M sometime. I only have SoulPech and Sammy to play now. :x

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I'd like my stream to join team smashbros, as I'll be streaming all the tournaments I'm hosting here in the Pacific NorthWest region, and will look into streaming smashfests more often.

I just don't know how to get my stream on there :<

Also Yakal beat Chillin's Wolf.. Chillin was pretty damn salty about that loss :<

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Also, KingBlaze, you have my number I think. We should play some P:M sometime. I only have SoulPech and Sammy to play now. :x
You live near the Box of Danger guys (Master WGS, BuckOhFive, etc). Why don't you play with them?

I'd like my stream to join team smashbros, as I'll be streaming all the tournaments I'm hosting here in the Pacific NorthWest region, and will look into streaming smashfests more often.

I just don't know how to get my stream on there :<

Also Yakal beat Chillin's Wolf.. Chillin was pretty damn salty about that loss :<
PM Peef about it and he should be able to put you on there.

And yeah he was, but hey, he was like the only top Melee player who actually used a new character and didn't **** out and use his Melee main when the going got tough.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I can't... so?..
So descend from your high grammatical horse and try contributing something useful rather than correcting someone else's English.

On that note, is Lucas's DJC Nair as good M2's? It's pretty much the same in properties but I don't play Lucas enough to really know.

MaxThunder

PM Support
So descend from your high grammatical horse and try contributing something useful rather than correcting someone else's English.

On that note, is Lucas's DJC Nair as good M2's? It's pretty much the same in properties but I don't play Lucas enough to really know.
i'm not really on a grammatical high horse, i have just declared war on that one error...
way too many people are doing it instead of using the same amount of effort doing it correctly...

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
No worries max, blu link's just potatin'. I've declared war on all kinds of grammatical errors and words. Apostrophe abuse in general really gets me, and "gimmick" and "buffer" are two words in particular.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
No worries max, blu link's just potatin'. I've declared war on all kinds of grammatical errors and words. Apostrophe abuse in general really gets me, and "gimmick" and "buffer" are two words in particular.
You know what grinds my gears? Elipse abuse. Those poor little dots. I theorize people who abuse elipses are stealing the punctuation from the rest of the internet. Greedy *******s.

MaxThunder

PM Support
You know what grinds my gears? Elipse abuse. Those poor little dots. I theorize people who abuse elipses are stealing the punctuation from the rest of the internet. Greedy *******s.
WHAT HOW'D YOU... um... i mean...

No no.. of course not... that's just stupid... crazy conspiracy theories... yeah...

*scuffles away*

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
WHAT HOW'D YOU... um... i mean...

No no.. of course not... that's just stupid... crazy conspiracy theories... yeah...

*scuffles away*
LOOK AT YOU. Flaunting your stolen goods as if I don't notice. I'm on to you.

Oh, my question about Lucas's Nair vs M2s still stands. :D

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Well, Lucas falls faster, so he doesn't stay in one spot as long as M2 does. In his case, sh nair is better than djc nair.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
watching those vro vids jcaesar uploaded
vro is actually really good
really aggro but still good
he obviously dumbed down his style in doubles (who doesn't?)
and pretty obviously choked in finals w/ hbox

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Thatz wrong vro is just bad and he only did good because ike is broken as ****
only reason he lost to hbox with a broken *** character is because he suddenly got bad in the last matches
and because hbox is god
suck my logic
[/smasherlogic]

kaizo13

Smash Champion
If by "god" you mean a really smart player that has years of Puff experience...then yea

`dazrin

Smash Champion
You live near the Box of Danger guys (Master WGS, BuckOhFive, etc). Why don't you play with them?

PM Peef about it and he should be able to put you on there.

And yeah he was, but hey, he was like the only top Melee player who actually used a new character and didn't **** out and use his Melee main when the going got tough.
Alright, I'll do just that! Thanks!

And yeah, you know what, you're totally right.
Everyone else I've seen so far just wimps out and uses their melee main when they don't know what to do.
So yeah, huge props to chillin for being 100% real even at his darkest hour :p

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I will say, Sheik actually looks interesting in P:M. Although nerfed, I definitely prefer her to NTSC Melee Sheik.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Oh! I watched that MM happen live :p

Yeah, people like HBox and Vanz have shown that if you space well, you can beat Ike. I just think his recovery's hitbox going through the stage is a little silly since you can't really go over and do anything about it when Ike recovers. It's extremely dangerous to go and edgeguard him, especially when he can stall out your invincibility frames if the stage has walls.

Also I'm surprised Vro didn't really use neutral b very much during his games. I think the frame 1 super armor is a bit silly and unnecessary. What are people's opinions of this?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
14 frames is enough for human reaction time in fact.

With proper auditory cues. The only Ike attacks I can think of with an auditory cue are Down B and Up B, the latter of which doesn't really matter since its use is telegraphed and it is /still/ hard to stop even then.

Meanwhile Ness yells out his frame 20 moves on frame 1 for the world to hear.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Unless you're already in a bad position, I don't see any reason you'd really be regularly affected by what armor he has on the move. It's not like it combos into or out of anything readily, and uncharged it doesn't have the strength that many of his other moves do anyways. At least I think. It's not even a good move IMO unless you're having a hard time getting back down to the ground or have time to charge up for an edge guard.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
Unless you're already in a bad position, I don't see any reason you'd really be regularly affected by what armor he has on the move. It's not like it combos into or out of anything readily, and uncharged it doesn't have the strength that many of his other moves do anyways. At least I think. It's not even a good move IMO unless you're having a hard time getting back down to the ground or have time to charge up for an edge guard.
That armor is just TOO much considering the rest of his character. If the armor got completely removed it would be a fair move since one can actually hit Ike just before the attack goes off to prevent the edgeguard, but the armor is just silly and out of place.

His counter isn't too bad, I find it to be situational. It's a bit similar to Roy's counter

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
Marth's Shield Breaker is great in this game, it greatly diminishes shields, though I wished that it active hitboxes lasted at least 2 frames longer.
Ike's Eruption doesn't work well until it hits his killing damage range, and after that it arguably becomes his best edgeguard option due to its range and armor.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I doubted it's usefulness too, but after playing around with it, I've come to realize that it's actually great when you're coming down from the air. This is especially true if your opponent commits to jumping - most characters don't have the aerial maneuverability to avoid getting hit by falling Eruption because of its enormous hitbox and the frame-1 SAF upon release just make it even safer. In addition, it's not like in vBrawl where using it changes your momentum; Ike can drift freely even while charging it, which is definitely not the standard when it comes to chargeable B attacks (Marth's Shieldbreaker, Sheik's needles, DK's Giant Punch, etc.). Consequently, you can charge Eruption while coming down to force your opponent to back away and allow you to drift offstage, release it in the air, and then up+B onto the edge/stage. This puts you in an arguably worse position if you were getting juggled onstage, but you also have this option if you were hit offstage by something like Fox's USmash and need to get back to the ground anyway. The combination of retaining control over aerial drift, the enormous hitbox, and frame-1 SAF upon release make it an extremely versatile move when coming back to the ground from high above.

I haven't used Eruption to edgeguard much, but that is because it seems like such a distastefully strong option. The SAF, enormous size of the hitbox, meteor smash potential, and great power when charged make it a very powerful option against floaty or light characters once they're around 70% and you force them offstage for more than a couple of seconds. The hitbox makes it almost impossible to avoid it when forced to go for the edge and, because edgeteching is still impossible, it usually kills if it's been charged for more than a few seconds and your opponent is at decently high %s. This edgeguarding option is on top of the other options that Ike has, such as FAir, edgehop BAir, DTilt (which I've never seen anyone past 50% successfully meteor cancel before), FSmash, and reverse USmash.

For reference, I've quoted information from Monk's "Ike Hitboxes and Frame Data" thread for Eruption below. Note that for the .gif labeled "Eruption End," the small hitbox below Ike's feet (that extends far below his feet) is the meteor smash hitbox.

Monk said:
SpecialNStart | Eruption Startup

Total: 13
This forced 14 frames occurs before the Charging Loop occurs.

SpecialNLoop | Eruption Charging Loop

Takes 7 seconds to reach fully charged Eruption. Every four seconds, Eruption gains 4 damage. Default base damage is 10. SpecialNLoop starts frame 15, immediately after SpecialNstart, which lasts 14 frames.

SpecialNEnd | Eruption End

Total: 49
Hit: 11-14, 15-18
Super Armor frames 1-14
If you do not charge Eruption, SpecialNEnd starts frame 15, immediately after SpecialNstart, which lasts 14 frames.

SpecialNEnd | Fully Charged Eruption

Total: 49
Hit: 11-30
Super Armor frames 1-30. Fully charged Eruption hits through shields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom