• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Actually, I just double checked, and the <100 ledge attack hits on the same frame as Melee, ends on the same frame as Melee, and rises above the ledge at least as quickly as melee. I completely overhauled this animation. It was not just a quick copy and paste job. However, I will see if I can figure out why you think it feels slow, but I assure you it is not.

:phone:
I played with it more after I said that and it definitely isn't slow. It just looks like he gets off the edge slowly, so it feels slower than it is.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So, I made my casual friends play the CPU today. It was a lot of fun.

The only way they were able to beat it was by doing a 3v1.

For some reason, though, they got really upset that they were losing to a CPU rather than me. So, every time we were about to start a game, I switched to CPU and made them fight it again. It was way more fun than playing myself.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778

For some reason, though, they got really upset that they were losing to a CPU rather than me. So, every time we were about to start a game, I switched to CPU and made them fight it again. It was way more fun than playing myself.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966

That's actually pretty funny. You should record it.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I would, but my laptop broke, so I couldn't record at school.

To summarize, though. When the best player there dittoed the Falco (his main), he got two stocked. Then, when the worst player dittoed the Wolf, it suicided twice and he barely won.

And they all got beaten up by Peach. It was hilarious. Except when one of them thought the Peach would go even with me. I was just like "Do you really think I'm that bad?"

Ecks

Smash Lord
I just noticed you guys (I assume it was Magus) fixed wavedashes on slopes. PMBR 2Gud.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
I still think that literally all of your attention should be towards fixing the 1 frame delay, since it greatly changes the feel of the game.

A change possibly worth keeping to set P:M really apart from the rest. But I assume it conflicts with the goals of the project anyway.

iLink

Smash Champion
I mentioned this before but got no comment on it.

Whenever I use fox and do ff nair l-cancel shine, and the shine connects with the airborn opponent, it seems to cut the hitstun when they land and I get hit pretty often after it. I'm thinking it might have something to do with crouch canceling? More often then not I seem to be getting hit by dtilts and dsmashes. I was playing against a cpu ROB and he dsmash me after the shine like 3 times in the match.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Which one were you using before? I already fixed the two that I made.
Oh, you did? Okay. I was just under the impression that all current PM BF stages were messed up cuz of 2.1. I use the Stage Repository thread on smashmods and it said that stuff needed to be updated and it was placed on the right hand side.

I guess I'll stick on a stage texture right away, then.

edit: derp

just looked more closely and saw there were PMBF stages that were already updated lol

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
The Temple change is hella swag.
Much agreed.

Lmfao. XD

That is hilarious, and it should definitely be recorded.

Also, sporting new ava.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Oh, you did? Okay. I was just under the impression that all current PM BF stages were messed up cuz of 2.1. I use the Stage Repository thread on smashmods and it said that stuff needed to be updated and it was placed on the right hand side.

I guess I'll stick on a stage texture right away, then.

edit: derp

just looked more closely and saw there were PMBF stages that were already updated lol
Yeah, that might have been my fault; I tried to update that thread last night, and I SWEAR that the post got edited when I checked after, but I noticed today that they were still listed as unfixed. I had already updated them on BrawlVault yesterday.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I just hope it's not that Wiilover07 ***** :mad:
I actually made a raw transcript for a Wiilover Parody of the video:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26534647/What's the point WiiLover7?.rtf

"Hello Youtube and everyone, (*username) here, crazy *** videos, horrible reviews and other **** (spinning hands).

I'm sorry, I'm tired, I was playing Brawl all night. I love Brawl. I love that game, love nintendo, have no life, don't get laid

This video is about a video about a guy called Wiilover.
I don't know how that **** is on youtube, can't really say much about it.
So that's why I decided to make this video.

I think it's just ****ing stupid, read a couple comments on Smashboards about it and people seem to be hating it, for some reason.

I don't know why the **** he would make a video saying that you are only a true smasher if you play Brawl, I don't now. Makes no sense to me

Some people have told that I should actually watch the video before starting to criticize it. I'm not gonna ****ing do that. I want to stupid in way it's supposed to be, being ignorant.

Because the fact is, that if you don't enjoy the same things I enjoy the same way I enjoy them, you are not a true man. I mean you are not a human being, you are a cactus, or something.

Like this Wiilover guy, I have no idea what he does.
I never watch a single video of his cos are heard they are bad.
Actually I know nothing about him.

But if you want to play Smash 64 then go play ****ing Diablo III, don't make videos that make you look stupid, just play and be happy.

You know, Project M is Project M, and it's the best game in the series so far so yeah.

Let's be fair though, this guy has made also good points

I mean why can't you love casual Brawl. Why can't you like tripping and Metaknight?
Why would anyone want to create a free sequel to one the best fighting games Nintendo has made. Like with new playstyles, better balance, better stages, to be honest that makes no ****ing sense to me. Because Brawl is a great game, it has stickers. I ****ing love stickers.

But in a nutshell, why can't everyone agree with his opinions?

I don't really have anything to say, I don't why I'm making this video.
I'm just complaining for ****s and giggles.
Example: it's pointless, it's ****ing stupid.

But really, this guys video, like, why, there's no use for it all. People are just gonna hate him because he makes himself look like an idiot.

Project M has been developed for over two years now, and if you don't like the game just don't play it. And don't make stupid videos that make you look bad.

Wow, this video is complete bull**** I had absolutely nothing to say.

You know so, you down below there's the comment section.
You can write a comment of how much you like Wiilover but probably no one's going to give a **** because, you know, this is the internet so bye.

Happy summer and stuff, **** you all and peace"

Most likely I'm not going to do a video, but if someone else wants, go ahead

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I actually made a raw transcript for a Wiilover Parody of the video:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26534647/What's the point WiiLover7?.rtf

"Hello Youtube and everyone, (*username) here, crazy *** videos, horrible reviews and other **** (spinning hands).

I'm sorry, I'm tired, I was playing Brawl all night. I love Brawl. I love that game, love nintendo, have no life, don't get laid

This video is about a video about a guy called Wiilover.
I don't know how that **** is on youtube, can't really say much about it.
So that's why I decided to make this video.

I think it's just ****ing stupid, read a couple comments on Smashboards about it and people seem to be hating it, for some reason.

I don't know why the **** he would make a video saying that you are only a true smasher if you play Brawl, I don't now. Makes no sense to me

Some people have told that I should actually watch the video before starting to criticize it. I'm not gonna ****ing do that. I want to stupid in way it's supposed to be, being ignorant.

Because the fact is, that if you don't enjoy the same things I enjoy the same way I enjoy them, you are not a true man. I mean you are not a human being, you are a cactus, or something.

Like this Wiilover guy, I have no idea what he does.
I never watch a single video of his cos are heard they are bad.
Actually I know nothing about him.

But if you want to play Smash 64 then go play ****ing Diablo III, don't make videos that make you look stupid, just play and be happy.

You know, Project M is Project M, and it's the best game in the series so far so yeah.

Let's be fair though, this guy has made also good points

I mean why can't you love casual Brawl. Why can't you like tripping and Metaknight?
Why would anyone want to create a free sequel to one the best fighting games Nintendo has made. Like with new playstyles, better balance, better stages, to be honest that makes no ****ing sense to me. Because Brawl is a great game, it has stickers. I ****ing love stickers.

But in a nutshell, why can't everyone agree with his opinions?

I don't really have anything to say, I don't why I'm making this video.
I'm just complaining for ****s and giggles.
Example: it's pointless, it's ****ing stupid.

But really, this guys video, like, why, there's no use for it all. People are just gonna hate him because he makes himself look like an idiot.

Project M has been developed for over two years now, and if you don't like the game just don't play it. And don't make stupid videos that make you look bad.

Wow, this video is complete bull**** I had absolutely nothing to say.

You know so, you down below there's the comment section.
You can write a comment of how much you like Wiilover but probably no one's going to give a **** because, you know, this is the internet so bye.

Happy summer and stuff, **** you all and peace"

Most likely I'm not going to do a video, but if someone else wants, go ahead
I just happened to be looking for this :troll:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So I'm a little disappointed that Sonic's side-b was "fixed", as it really only gives him less options, now. Before, you only drop like a rock if you attempted to do it holding B both times in the air. So if you do the first one holding B, then after double jumping, you have the option to hold B again to drop really fast or tap B and fall regularly. Now that it's fixed, after double jumping, you only have the option to fall regularly no matter what.

The thing about Melee is that since it didn't have as much time as Brawl for them to "fix" up certain things, a lot of those things ended up making the game better in that it gave players more options. I think that this is a similar case, where it would just be better if it was never "fixed", as it'll give knowledgeable players more control/options, despite it being an unintentional bug.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Having issues with my 2.1.
I replaced everything on my SD Card except for my custom songs, character textures and stage textures.
The game loads up fine, it lets me choose characters, when I get to the stage select screen, if I don't pick a stage within 2 seconds the game freezes. Didn't have this issue with 2.0 or any other PM build.
Any ideas? Might it have something to do with the BF texture? It's from Brawl Vault.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Are you sure you didn't pick the Hackless option as opposed to the Homebrew option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom