• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
All I saw was "Reverse edge grab mechanics have been adjusted". It didn't say what was changed. Does this mean that there's no more reverse grabbing in specialfall, like in Melee?
yep

I liked the reverse grabbing better =[ made the ledge game more fun imo. but its melee so can't complain really

Revven

FrankerZ
All I saw was "Reverse edge grab mechanics have been adjusted". It didn't say what was changed. Does this mean that there's no more reverse grabbing in specialfall, like in Melee?
The only time you'll grab backwards is during the transition to special fall aka the apex of your Up B. Yes, it's gone from special fall. Any other special that goes into special fall should be able to grab backwards provided they have a transition to the special fall that can grab backwards. Some characters didn't have this before, like Marth's Up B which is why his is mentioned in the patch notes specifically.

Magus420

Smash Master
Going to battlefield, Ganon's upAngled Ftilt still doesn't hit people on the lower platforms. I don't know about other stages, because I've been using battlefield as the measurement, since it worked there in Melee.
It does. Possibly depends on the character. It can certainly hit people laying down though. It was also about as picky in melee about hitting people standing up when I was editing it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Looks like Mario went from A Tier to S Tier.

Guess I'm dropping my other mains for my good old Plumber again.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I'm glad that grabbing the edge is back to the skill-based mechanic it once was and not so damn sloppy. If you mess up your orientation and don't correctly do your character's up b you die, as it should be. :)

Falco, all my edge-guarding issues have basically been addressed. :love:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
It does. Possibly depends on the character. It can certainly hit people laying down though. It was also about as picky in melee about hitting people standing up when I was editing it.

I don't remember ever having trouble with that in Melee, and I use the upAngled Ftilt fairly regularly. I'll have to go back and try it out.

EDIT: So, you're completely right. I must have only been doing it on YS and PS, without realizing it. It does seem to always hit Puff on BF, though.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
He can't seem to hit Fox or Falco at all on BF (i.e. not even when they're knocked down). I'll have to remember this.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
so like, 2.1 feels a lot more refined than what I expected.
I can finally stop *****ing about ledge grabbing being too easy. thank you

Question, have all get-up attacks been "meleefied"?

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
The Falcon AI didn't do a single Falcon Punch or SHFFL against me.
Highly unlikely sometimes its hard to catch sight of the l-cancel because you have to focus on them. Try putting two of them against each other and see for yourself, also he does falcon punch way to much anyway. So less is more in my eyes, he should only do it during certain conditions.

I decided to Warlock Punch it, and it just stood there and took the hit.
Also highly unlikely, while brawl's Ai doesn't fit well with PM engine, one thing they do right is evasion, and power shields.

The AI should always techroll away when Ganon uses his sideB. Tech in place or tech behind almost always result in Ganondorf being able to connect with another sideB. While a few characters can be easily re-sideBed after a techroll away (I believe Bowser is like this), the other characters should all be doing it.
That should be left optional to the cpu, forcing Ai to do a certain action in certain conditions would only let you take advantage of them. Much like in Melee where if you jump and fast fall when near C.Falcon, or Ganondorf they would only try to use up-b and miss thus becomes easy to punish.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I tried the commom5 with SJS's pictures and so far no problems, but iLink, you forgot to replace the random CSS picture with the new blue and yellow one from the update.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Only some getup & ledge attacks have been adjusted. Mainly applies to newcomers. A lot still have huge hitboxes if that's what you mean.
yes that's exactly what i mean, I get hit from soo far away sometimes when attempting to dash grab an opponent during get-up. Hope to see this worked out on the next update, thx for the response and keep up the great work

Edit: thank you for fixing Falcon's moonwalk <3

Revven

FrankerZ
Did you guys secretly fix ledge teching? I swear to god the CPU i just tried meteor smashing did a ledge tech to save itself.
Erm, ledgetech = SDI'ing into the stage and then teching. You can normally tech walls or whatever, it's just that you cannot SDI into the ledge from an attack like Marth's tipper Fsmash and tech the ledge.

Basically, no we didn't fix it.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Erm, ledgetech = SDI'ing into the stage and then teching. You can normally tech walls or whatever, it's just that you cannot SDI into the ledge from an attack like Marth's tipper Fsmash and tech the ledge.

Basically, no we didn't fix it.
Okay, it was just a wall tech. Still, it blew my mind.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Highly unlikely sometimes its hard to catch sight of the l-cancel because you have to focus on them. Try putting two of them against each other and see for yourself, also he does falcon punch way to much anyway. So less is more in my eyes, he should only do it during certain conditions.

Also highly unlikely, while brawl's Ai doesn't fit well with PM engine, one thing they do right is evasion, and power shields.

That should be left optional to the cpu, forcing Ai to do a certain action in certain conditions would only let you take advantage of them. Much like in Melee where if you jump and fast fall when near C.Falcon, or Ganondorf they would only try to use up-b and miss thus becomes easy to punish.
It's possible I was just beating him up too badly, because when I made him play a Fox, he did a few SHFFLS and one Falcon Punch. Most of his gameplay seemed to be rolling around and full jumps, though. In fact, all the AI seems to do in this is roll.

The reason I suggested that is because Ganon can get another sideB on reaction if they tech or techroll behind, so techrolling away is really the only option if they want to avoid an infinite sideB. It's something human players should be doing as well.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
This update is awesome and I know we are unlikely to see any new revisions to the gameplay in a while so PM v2.1 becomes the tourney standard.

But the more u guys update the A.I., go ahead and release new patches for those of us who like to fight the cpu.

PM v2.1 can have staying power for the competitive scene and still allow the PMBR to add little tweaks to non-gameplay related things like A.I. Food 4 thought. :cool:

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
So I updated my common5.pac to include sjs' csp along with the new stage changes.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?l14ik31jau504ww

I noticed the file size is bigger then last time so I don't know if that'll cause any problems. I don't have a wii with me to test this at the moment but if someone can let me know if this causes any freezes that'll be great.
Download stopped working. Did you delete the download? I personally wanted to put SJS's CSPs on my brawl but didn't have time. This makes things convenient though.

iLink

Smash Champion
Download stopped working. Did you delete the download? I personally wanted to put SJS's CSPs on my brawl but didn't have time. This makes things convenient though.
I just tried downloading it and it worked fine o.O

I am going to update it soon though correcting a minor oversight.

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
I downloaded the homebrew option for it. I put the SD card in and started brawl from the USB loader. I wen to stage builder, and it loaded to the screen with launch game and it says melee 2.0 in the top left corner. I clicked launch game, but it loaded Melee because I left my disk in. I took it out, and then loaded brawl again and the game froze at stage builder twice in a row. Does that mean that my USB loader cannot load .gcts?

iLink

Smash Champion
Why are you going to the stage builder? You don't need to go there if you are using homebrew/usb loader. Just load the game with ocarina codes set on.

I recommend using Configurable Usb Loader to load it.

Revven

FrankerZ
I downloaded the homebrew option for it. I put the SD card in and started brawl from the USB loader. I wen to stage builder, and it loaded to the screen with launch game and it says melee 2.0 in the top left corner. I clicked launch game, but it loaded Melee because I left my disk in. I took it out, and then loaded brawl again and the game froze at stage builder twice in a row. Does that mean that my USB loader cannot load .gcts?
Why are you trying to load it through the hackless method, dude?

1. Load up homebrew
2. Click on your USB loader application (whatever it is that you use)
3. Go into your Options and look for a setting called Ocarina or Cheats and turn it On
4. Load up your Brawl on the stick
5. ???
6. Profit! (assuming, again, your USB loader properly loads the .gct)

If you need actual instant help and the above didn't work, just go to the IRC located here

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Raphael, what level CPU are you using?
Level 9. Am I meant to be using something else?

A Level 9 Fox v Peach took 6 minutes. I feel like these guys spend too much time running/rolling around and not enough time fighting.

cloneofshadow

Smash Cadet
I'm getting this when trying to download BOTH Homebrew ZIPS. Also noob questions,whats the difference between the Wifi-Set and Full Set?

Warning: file_get_contents(release/d3mo2/d1.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pmuseradmin/projectm.smashmods.com/download.php on line 19

Warning: fopen(release/d3mo2/d1.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pmuseradmin/projectm.smashmods.com/download.php on line 21

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/pmuseradmin/projectm.smashmods.com/download.php on line 22

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/pmuseradmin/projectm.smashmods.com/download.php on line 23

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pmuseradmin/projectm.smashmods.com/download.php:19) in /home/pmuseradmin/projectm.smashmods.com/download.php on line 30

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
New challenge.

3 level 9 Zelda's. Team attack off. 4 stocks. Battlefield.

gogogo

I tried it this morning. Got juggled off stage by 6 din's fires and uair'd.

Brian_Link

Smash Cadet
Nice job PMBR. I'm especially pleased to see that you didn't repeat last years patch schedule. Now to wait for that Samus/Zamus patch that you all said would be out around early fall.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Level 9. Am I meant to be using something else?

A Level 9 Fox v Peach took 6 minutes. I feel like these guys spend too much time running/rolling around and not enough time fighting.
are you sure you got all the files right?.. cause my peach is trying to be armada...

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Repost for anyone not yet graced with this guy's stupidity (sort of a foil to the above post):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlwD2YXqzr0

This is the only time you'll hear one guy say that Smash Bros. is a hardcore fighting game that should always be played with items on, Brawl is faster than Melee, and P:M is pointless... and be completely serious.

cloneofshadow

Smash Cadet
Repost for anyone not yet graced with this guy's stupidity (sort of a foil to the above post):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlwD2YXqzr0

This is the only time you'll hear one guy say that Smash Bros. is a hardcore fighting game that should always be played with items on, Brawl is faster than Melee, and P:M is pointless... and be completely serious.
The fact that he knows nothing about Project M other than "its to make Brawl play like Melee" makes his opinion unreliable.

The comment section is full of lols (The bottom top comment)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom