• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
I hope guys enjoy what little work was put into the Ai, i only been working on them for a month, so this more of a tease of what's to come.

Also TAS type cpu's is impossible, i'm aiming for "High Tourney Level" cpu's.

Also i added a few other characters with fixed wavedashing, and l-canceling, have fun finding which characters those are.

Here's a hint: "We come in pairs"

Tatoo

Smash Rookie
So I downloaded the Riivolution version to the root of my SD card and it doesn't boot up any codes. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: Never mind. For some reason it's working now.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I hope guys enjoy what little work was put into the Ai, i only been working on them for a month, so this more of a tease of what's to come.

Also TAS type cpu's is impossible, i'm aiming for "High Tourney Level" cpu's.

Also i added a few other characters with fixed wavedashing, and l-canceling, have fun finding which characters those are.

Here's a hint: "We come in pairs"
Wanting to find out who are those :awesome:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

MaxThunder

PM Support
Pssh doing things yourself is a sucker's game
it's not possible to grab the ledge backwards out of special fall... so when ganon does side-b and falls off a ledge, he transitions into a new going off the ledge animation for a bit that still lets him grab the ledge...

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Zelda/Sheik should be separated eventually and given new down B's imo.

as for the AI. I like it much better...I still have a problem with them Air dodging to their death to avoid attacks but aside from that they are more fun. TAS level 9 cpu's would be the ultimate though. Not sure how that will be done but having that would be amazing. Although more realistic would be getting them to play like a good player with each character.
I would fully support this idea, switching between the two characters isn't really a viable strategy anyways. In melee you could BV to Zelda then use her better B^ to recover then switch back when you got back to the battlefield, but that's just not possible now with the moves increased duration. It'd be cool to see what could be done to the characters with an extra move.

iLink

Smash Champion
So I updated my common5.pac to include sjs' csp along with the new stage changes.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?l14ik31jau504ww

I noticed the file size is bigger then last time so I don't know if that'll cause any problems. I don't have a wii with me to test this at the moment but if someone can let me know if this causes any freezes that'll be great.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
So I updated my common5.pac to include sjs' csp along with the new stage changes.

I noticed the file size is bigger then last time so I don't know if that'll cause any problems. I don't have a wii with me to test this at the moment but if someone can let me know if this causes any freezes that'll be great.
Out of curiosity and a lack of time to test it out (I'm @ work XD), does that one have Zelda and Sheik's renders separated?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
lol at the comments on that IGN article

"wavedashing is a horrible glitch!"

:troll:

so i was wondering, have you guys ever considered doing something with ganondorf like you did with snake's f-smash? y'know, have him use his sword for one or two moves? like instead of "Warlock Punch" have a "Warlock Stab"? ("Thrust" sounds too suggestive lol), maybe make his fsmash like that one attack he has in Twilight Princess where he jabs you with his elbow then swings his sword? just wondering if anyone had thought of something like that. not that there's anything wrong with ganondorf now imo, with the exception that he might as well have the trollface when he downtaunts. not trying to start a flame war, just have had the idea for a while and figured it was food for thought? lol

looking forward to getting 2.1 btw, surpised the patch came out that quickly

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I fully support Warlock Thrust. You guys need to add a new sound effect where Kage says that.

ValTroX

Smash Ace

I was waiting for this, thanks ^_^

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure there's like some ganon textures with his sword floating around on brawlvault... so yeah.

And lol'd @ "Warlock Thrust"

Pretty sure Ike had something like that, eh Shadic? :p

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
how long did it take to give snake his fsmash? that must've been a pain and a half to do if giving ganon one or two moves with his TP sword (which i have seen him holding all the time in the hack that daze is referring to) would be an " unnecessary amount of really tedious, stupid work."

not be a smart***, that the impression i'm getting from that post O.o

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
A few comments after 2.1:

Going to battlefield, Ganon's upAngled Ftilt still doesn't hit people on the lower platforms. I don't know about other stages, because I've been using battlefield as the measurement, since it worked there in Melee.

I really like that Ganon's ledge attacks are back to how they were in Melee. However, now the <100 attack has the really long get off the edge animation that all the >100 get ups do. This feels kind of weird. I do really like having them how they were in Melee, though.

The Falcon AI didn't do a single Falcon Punch or SHFFL against me, although it did wavedash a few times. I decided to Warlock Punch it, and it just stood there and took the hit. That seems kind of stupid.

The AI should always techroll away when Ganon uses his sideB. Tech in place or tech behind almost always result in Ganondorf being able to connect with another sideB. While a few characters can be easily re-sideBed after a techroll away (I believe Bowser is like this), the other characters should all be doing it.

Overall, I really like this update. Thanks for allowing me to do a ledge attack using B. I played Skyworld with a friend today (He mains Link, so we did Link v Ganon there), and it was really cool. What's even better is my Hanenbow music still fits it fairly well (IDOLA have the Divine Blade, from Phantasy Star Online).

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
I posted about it yesterday but I just have to point out that I'm SUPER SALTY norfair is still vbrawl as the icon on the CSS shows that back room version with one bigger platform in the top row and I was like "oh cool they added it themselves I wouldn't even have needed to ask for the stage" and was hyped when I saw it on the stage selection screen and yet it still takes me to the vbrawl version :C

Anyway, Skyloft is probably the best stage hack I've ever seen, really impressive how the main stage looks exactly like the background while still having the background look like its not part of the part where you're fighting.
Also Charizard's jab looks really good now and toon link's upb, while nerfed a bit now looks like it connects exactly when the sword touches the opponent, well done imo.
Not being able to grab ledges backward anymore will need some time to get used to (although I'm a melee player) but is a really good change. Also I needed 10 tries or so to grab the ledge backwards after marth's upb :S. Does every character work like CF or Spacies now with backwards ledge grabs ? I haven't tested many characters.

what I wanted to suggest, could you make the background of GHZ a bit lighter ? the colours of the block you're fighting on are pretty much exactly the same as the background which is a bit distracting. It's not a big deal but if it's not that hard to do that's something I'd like to see.
Also, would it be possible to add Falco's melee dash animation back ?
/e okay, if you think that's unnecessary, I'll admit it is but I think somebody already made something like that and _in my opinion_, it looks better

Oh, and thank you a lot for adding wall jumpable walls to fourside ♥

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
A few comments after 2.1:

Going to battlefield, Ganon's upAngled Ftilt still doesn't hit people on the lower platforms. I don't know about other stages, because I've been using battlefield as the measurement, since it worked there in Melee.

I really like that Ganon's ledge attacks are back to how they were in Melee. However, now the <100 attack has the really long get off the edge animation that all the >100 get ups do. This feels kind of weird. I do really like having them how they were in Melee, though.

The Falcon AI didn't do a single Falcon Punch or SHFFL against me, although it did wavedash a few times. I decided to Warlock Punch it, and it just stood there and took the hit. That seems kind of stupid.

The AI should always techroll away when Ganon uses his sideB. Tech in place or tech behind almost always result in Ganondorf being able to connect with another sideB. While a few characters can be easily re-sideBed after a techroll away (I believe Bowser is like this), the other characters should all be doing it.

Overall, I really like this update. Thanks for allowing me to do a ledge attack using B. I played Skyworld with a friend today (He mains Link, so we did Link v Ganon there), and it was really cool. What's even better is my Hanenbow music still fits it fairly well (IDOLA have the Divine Blade, from Phantasy Star Online).
1. It doesn't on Battlefield? Oh man :(

2.It would feel weird after having used the Brawl one for so long.

3.Really?! Way too dissapoint.

Also, would it be possible to add Falco's melee dash animation back ?
Why? It doesn't affect Falco in any way :urg:

oksas

oak-sauce
"The fact that SSBB fans had to use mods to improve their gameplay experience because they were ungrateful for what Sakurai gave them is beyond me." - IGN commenter

these communts still exist but it's nice to see they've become the 1% of comments rather than the 99% they used to be

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
"The fact that SSBB fans had to use mods to improve their gameplay experience because they were ungrateful for what Sakurai gave them is beyond me." - IGN commenter

these communts still exist but it's nice to see they've become the 1% of comments rather than the 99% they used to be
I just hope it's not that Wiilover07 ***** :mad:

iLink

Smash Champion
Is it me or do opponents seem to get out of hitstun really quickly after fox does nair > shine? I've had a few instances where I've been hit right after I shine. I am doing doing ff nair l-cancel shine perfectly fine and fast enough.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
2.It would feel weird after having used the Brawl one for so long.
I never used the Brawl one. What I said was weird is that he takes a long time to get up from the ledge when <100, but gets up straight away at >100. It should be the other way around.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
All I saw was "Reverse edge grab mechanics have been adjusted". It didn't say what was changed. Does this mean that there's no more reverse grabbing in specialfall, like in Melee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom