• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
CPU Lv 9 Wolf... Don't sleep on him, you'll get *****. I witnessed my older brother actually lose against the CPU! He was like "DAFUQ!! This ain't no computer!!", then he switched from Ike(his vBrawl main; he's having some problems adapting to Ike:M) back to his main, Fox, just to beat the CPU. Seriously, awesome job with the AI

Wolfy!

Indecisive
AI is looking pretty good, I can't wait to see how good it will be in future releases. My AI Fox is looking a little scary now, lol.
I also love the little changes you guys did to clean up animations as well as porting dash momentum stuff from Melee. It feels exactly like it should to moonwalk with Falcon now, and that really helps it make the game feel that much closer to how Melee feels overall. I'm loving all the fixes. Nice work. :)

iLink

Smash Champion
Me and a wolf cpu just powershield reflected his laser back and forth 3 times.

It was kind of awesome.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Battlefield
Dracula's Castle
Fourside
Green Hill Zone
Hyrule Temple
Hyrule Temple:M
Dreamland 64
WarioWare

These are the only 8 stages mentioned in the changelist. I can copy these over into my existing stage folder and leave everything else unchanged without problems, correct?

metroid1117

Smash Master
PMBR, you guys are awesome! I'm surprised you guys kept this so quiet, I was under the impression that this wasn't going to come out for a while. I'm going to try this out on Friday when I'm done with finals.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Heyo iLink, using your custom CSPs with 2.1 is a-okay to do right? :O

Just checking :p

Oh and amazing job as always, PMBR! Hopefully 2.1 gets featured on IGN as well!
The wait was worth it! Meta thinks all of you are wizards.

iLink

Smash Champion
You can use mine but it wont have the updated stage select pictures so the skyloft stage will say hanenbow and temple:m will be regular temple.

I'll update mine later today and post it.

:phone:

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Patch is a pleasant surprise!
Couple of things:
Temple:M is definitely banned in 2v2s because it lags quite a bit atm.
Does anyone else have the *new* Norfair picture on the sss?
And I just now noticed the silver tree on the right of Rumble Falls+ has arms and legs.

Magus420

Smash Master
Try toggling the all on and all off option and then reselecting the ones you want on random. You should only need to do this once (I think it has to do with you not having unlocked those stages yet but PM now allows using all stages and additional rules option even if they aren't unlocked).

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
What files is the AI in? My AI doesn't seem to be as good as what other people are showing. It's possible I'm just beating it really easily, but I'm fairly certain I'm not that good at this game.

EDIT: Oh wait, I just noticed that Wolf is a person. Nevermind, I guess my AI's just as bad as everyone else's.

oksas

oak-sauce
What files is the AI in? My AI doesn't seem to be as good as what other people are showing. It's possible I'm just beating it really easily, but I'm fairly certain I'm not that good at this game.
i am also actually curious. where does the AI coding go? the only things i could think of would be in the RSBE or in the character files specifically, but neither sound right.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
You can use mine but it wont have the updated stage select pictures so the skyloft stage will say hanenbow and temple:m will be regular temple.

I'll update mine later today and post it.

:phone:
Thanks alot! I really enjoy your CSPs so that's awesome to hear :p

Btw I just want to say that although the PMBR did an amazing job with the AI, the falcon AI is terrible. He keeps airdodging off stage and he throws out a falcon punch way too much. He doesn't shffl combo at all and it's just pretty bad overall. lol sorry guys, I usually have nothing but praise to give you, but yeah lol

The space animals' AI was pretty well done though. While it's not exactly like playing a human, (since it seems like they wavedash at times where it's really unnecessary) it gets the job done, and done pretty well as far as AI goes. But in the end, it is what it is: AI. Like, for example, once, Fox got a uthrow on me, and he could've totally uair'd me for the kill, but instead he just wavedash'd back and forth like a champ. I mean, like that's cool, but it's not exactly human haha :p

At least it seems like the AI have half a brain now, so it's fun to play against when there's no one around. :D

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
AI is in the FitCharacterMotionEtc.pac for each character in Brawlbox. Expand to FitCharacterEtc -> ai_character and the data is there. What KingClubber uses to work his magic on the AI however, I don't know.

jalued

Smash Lord
Thanks alot! I really enjoy your CSPs so that's awesome to hear :p

Btw I just want to say that although the PMBR did an amazing job with the AI, the falcon AI is terrible. He keeps airdodging off stage and he throws out a falcon punch way too much. He doesn't shffl combo at all and it's just pretty bad overall. lol sorry guys, I usually have nothing but praise to give you, but yeah lol

The space animals' AI was pretty well done though. While it's not exactly like playing a human, (since it seems like they wavedash at times where it's really unnecessary) it gets the job done, and done pretty well as far as AI goes. But in the end, it is what it is: AI. Like, for example, once, Fox got a uthrow on me, and he could've totally uair'd me for the kill, but instead he just wavedash'd back and forth like a champ. I mean, like that's cool, but it's not exactly human haha :p

At least it seems like the AI have half a brain now, so it's fun to play against when there's no one around. :D
do you play falcon at all though? The AI still needs to have a playstyle to copy...

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I don't play falcon, but like magus said, CPU's don't learn, and therefore it doesn't need to copy any playstyles.

I know HOW a falcon should be played, and a LVL9 cpu doesn't really emulate what a falcon should be played like.. if that's what you mean instead lol

Ecks

Smash Lord
Actually, Falcon AI's spamming has been happening since demo1. Definitively not intentional. :p

Also, Peach's AI is pretty crazy!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It actually doesn't. It says "Melee 2.0" which has been there since Demo 1.0, and describes the game rather than gives you a version number.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Zelda/Sheik should be separated eventually and given new down B's imo.

as for the AI. I like it much better...I still have a problem with them Air dodging to their death to avoid attacks but aside from that they are more fun. TAS level 9 cpu's would be the ultimate though. Not sure how that will be done but having that would be amazing. Although more realistic would be getting them to play like a good player with each character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom