• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I picked the Homebrew option.
You probably have the StackSmash custom stage file on the card, then. I don't think the Homebrew codeset has the code to disable custom stages, so when the stage selection screen comes up, it tries to load that custom stage and the game freezes. That would be my best guess, anyway.
Maybe a wind hitbox like Lucas' Offense Up move.
Hm...I actually really like this idea!

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
You probably have the StackSmash custom stage file on the card, then. I don't think the Homebrew codeset has the code to disable custom stages, so when the stage selection screen comes up, it tries to load that custom stage and the game freezes. That would be my best guess, anyway.
Hm...I actually really like this idea!
What name would the stacksmash file have? I do recall a stage texture that I don't remember seeing when I got 2.0., that could be it.
I also don't know why else it would specifically freeze at the stage select screen and not immediately freeze.

Revven

FrankerZ
Having issues with my 2.1.
I replaced everything on my SD Card except for my custom songs, character textures and stage textures.
The game loads up fine, it lets me choose characters, when I get to the stage select screen, if I don't pick a stage within 2 seconds the game freezes. Didn't have this issue with 2.0 or any other PM build.
Any ideas? Might it have something to do with the BF texture? It's from Brawl Vault.
Delete the custom stage on your SD Card.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
What name would the stacksmash file have? I do recall a stage texture that I don't remember seeing when I got 2.0., that could be it.
I also don't know why else it would specifically freeze at the stage select screen and not immediately freeze.
It's not a stage texture, but a custom builder stage.
If you have a file in the "private\wii\app\RSBE\st" folder (or even that folder at all), then that'll be it.
Also, the extra stage that you are seeing is probably the new Skyloft stage going over Hanenbow.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
It's not a stage texture, but a custom builder stage.
If you have a file in the "private\wii\app\RSBE\st" folder (or even that folder at all), then that'll be it.
Also, the extra stage that you are seeing is probably the new Skyloft stage going over Hanenbow.
There was indeed an "st" folder, I'll delete that and see what happens.
*crosses fingers*

*edit*

It worked, thnxxxxxx.
Strangely, I think I already had the st folder on my SD card because it wasn't included in the 2.1 that I downloaded, but until now it didn't cause any problems, idk...
Whatever, it works nao.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
So I'm a little disappointed that Sonic's side-b was "fixed", as it really only gives him less options, now. Before, you only drop like a rock if you attempted to do it holding B both times in the air. So if you do the first one holding B, then after double jumping, you have the option to hold B again to drop really fast or tap B and fall regularly. Now that it's fixed, after double jumping, you only have the option to fall regularly no matter what.

I agree.

Side-b worked very well in demo 2.0 aside from the "bug" that made him drop when he wasn't supposed to
...Isn't there a way have the bug fixed but leave in the option to have him drop like he did before on command? tap side-b to drop, hold side-b for regular. It worked great how it was and gave him more options both on and offstage.

running offstage to tap side-b>ledge grab isn't as effective anymore because you drop too slower now. this also helped keep his recovery in check by forcing him to recover with up-b or homing attack when too far off from the stage with no jumps left

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I agree.

Side-b worked very well in demo 2.0 aside from the "bug" that made him drop when he wasn't supposed to
...Isn't there a way have the bug fixed but leave in the option to have him drop like he did before on command? tap side-b to drop, hold side-b for regular. It worked great how it was and gave him more options both on and offstage.

running offstage to tap side-b>ledge grab isn't as effective anymore because you drop too slower now. this also helped keep his recovery in check by forcing him to recover with up-b or homing attack when too far off from the stage with no jumps left
There is already a difference when you tap or hold the B button to do it. It's just that now, if you do the hold one first, then double jump, the 2nd one will always be the tap version, no matter what. Before, you actually had the option to do the fast dropping one by holding B again for the 2nd one in the air. It was absolutely controllable, so the fix that they did to it only took away an option.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
There is already a difference when you tap or hold the B button to do it. It's just that now, if you do the hold one first, then double jump, the 2nd one will always be the tap version, no matter what. Before, you actually had the option to do the fast dropping one by holding B again for the 2nd one in the air. It was absolutely controllable, so the fix that they did to it only took away an option.
I know that, and i agree

here's a quick example of JJlinyard using it to his advantage in demo 2.0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9vL5uPdDwo&feature=relmfu#t=1m6s

dev. team needs to reconsider

iLink

Smash Champion
I just got a glitch with Lucas, not sure if its known or not.

I was playing against gaw and he did an aerial B. I caught him in the air with a grab and started an uthrow. About half way through the animation, the falling bacon from gaw's neutral b seemed to clank against Lucas and caused him to freeze in position while gaw was freed. I had a neutral B charge on Lucas if that even matters.

Also has anyone else noticed that the opponent seems to get out of hitstun upon landing if they are hit with fox's shine just slightly in the air?

odinNJ

Smash Lord
About the frame thing.

serious problem passed off like a joke.
I would like it if someone gave a real answer instead of a hilarious gif.

Revven

FrankerZ
About the frame thing.

It's not something that can just be put as the #1 thing to do and suddenly be fixed in a week.

Please stop asking about it as that doesn't make things go faster. It will get fixed in time, just like everything else has.

iLink

Smash Champion
About the frame thing.

Not everyone on the team is capable of being able to fix a problem like that. Most are PSA and Brawlbox coders afaik. Not everyone is going to be able to work on this problem and fix it asap. Magus is the only one that I know of that could fix that and his wizardry skills are occupied with many things.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Out of curiosity, what type of coding is it that Magus does and no one else seems to be able to do?

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Someone a few pages back suggested that Snake's Up taunt lines should be fixed to separate "Tastey" and "Not even close". Maybe moving "not even close" to his box taunt?

Edit: Also, make up taunt cancel-able like Jigglypuff's :)

Mottie

Smash Rookie
I was checking this mod out as a replacement to Brawl Minus (which personally gets boring after a while!) and the physics changes are the most amazing thing on the planet, and the devs have gone a really long way to balancing all of the characters in the metagame. I personally am loving how Ike plays, and how his offensive, high power style seems to flow right with the physics of the game. I tried going back to B- after this and it was just clunky and nothing seemed to come together properly, no matter what character I used.

I am of the mind that it's not even the characters of V-brawl that make it feel slow and clunky but the mechanics of the game itself feel like it's conflicting with the pace of the game and it just causes turbulence everywhere. So as such the physics-level changes that this mod brings are a godsend to the game and it's competitive balance. Characters that have been dropped to the lower tiers because of their options being pruned by VBrawl devs (Fox, Shiek) or characters that could not utilize their offensive style (like Ike) are brought up to the level of the top tier characters and the entire game has been made more offensive with an emphasis on movement and technique rather than raw framedata (which is what I feel that Vbrawl suffers from due to it's poor physics and character design)

Also: I have to say that Skyloft is one of the prettiest maps that I've seen in a very long time and I hope that the devs make more maps that are similar to it that are very fun to play no matter who you are playing with. The fact that the AI is also now very competent at what it does also pleases me because sometimes you just can't play with friends and the AI of old Vbrawl is just plain boring because it either cheats or is too dumb to utilize it's own attacks.

I can't wait to see more of this mod as it develops, a live updating Brawl mod that has a metagame focused on tournament play, I am very pleased.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
It's not something that can just be put as the #1 thing to do and suddenly be fixed in a week.

Please stop asking about it as that doesn't make things go faster. It will get fixed in time, just like everything else has.
This is literally the kind of anwer i was looking for, thank you falco400

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I'm not sure if I'm just new to this and this has already been pointed out, but

In Training mode when you spawn Starman or Timer, you get free Stickers instead. I'm assuming this counts in SSE as legit stickers so anyone who cares about SSE needs to spawn some Starmen/Timers.

Yeah, this is probably already known. They put stickers as a placeholder for a lot of items that would probably be troublesome at this point in the Demo. I'm just curious though, do they count as real stickers at all?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
hmmm I'm still getting the random Kongo Jungle 64 issue...not sure what is going on with that -_-. Also I'm finally adjusted to the reverse ledge grab changes. I had got so spoiled.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I'm not sure if I'm just new to this and this has already been pointed out, but

In Training mode when you spawn Starman or Timer, you get free Stickers instead. I'm assuming this counts in SSE as legit stickers so anyone who cares about SSE needs to spawn some Starmen/Timers.

Yeah, this is probably already known. They put stickers as a placeholder for a lot of items that would probably be troublesome at this point in the Demo. I'm just curious though, do they count as real stickers at all?
Just make sure you don't exceed 255.

Mottie

Smash Rookie
Just make sure you don't exceed 255.
What, did they actually store the number of item entities in 8 bits? That makes less than no sense, I mean, I can *kinda* understand spawned entities being limited but if they don't actually have a limit then they could at least give the thing a little bit more memory so that it doesn't explode from someone pressing the A button too much. Then again they probably didn't expect to be able to spawn stickers manually and as such that'd make a little more sense. Like it was said before these are probably placeholders so that people don't break the game when they use an item.

It's probably my fault that they took out the timers at least, because I was the one who was reporting that bug on the projectM IRC. It'd cause the physics to become extremely glitchy (as in if you tried to wave dash or QD or any other unnatural sideways movement, you'd automatically SD) and some grabs (DDDs) would cause instant KOs, so item users would have been kinda stuffed in this case. I think it's a good idea to keep items that can do damage to the physics in that high of an extent (it was BAD) out of the game until they know how to deal with it. Dunno if the stickers are legit though.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm thinking of constructing a Wifi-tier list for lulz? anyone want to join me in crafting it? :awesome:

also is there some kind of Project M facebook page or whatever? If there was a way I could like or share updates that would really help get the word out imo.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
I played a TON with my friend today, and this is what I have learned:

Pikachu is amazing.
Pikachu is amazing, Ness is better, but Lucas "out-shines" Ness (a very common opinion among PM players, though I do not share it), but Tink fire-spikes them, Up-B's them, bombs them and gives them arrows to the knees :p In all seriousness, Pikachu is quite tough to deal with in the hands of a good player

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I'm thinking of constructing a Wifi-tier list for lulz? anyone want to join me in crafting it? :awesome:

also is there some kind of Project M facebook page or whatever? If there was a way I could like or share updates that would really help get the word out imo.
Top Tier - Ike, Zelda

High Tier -Everyone else-

There you go

Now about Fox is his up B gonna retain that curve effect he gained in brawl or will that be taken out. Imo it's not needed I mean, he doesn't need it tbh Anyways, just thought I'd ask about.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I played a TON with my friend today, and this is what I have learned:

Pikachu is amazing.
He really, really is. I've always mained Pikachu since the first Smash game I ever got (Melee) and it makes me beyond happy they've fixed him up so much. Pikachu is definitely high tier, though I think a few other characters like Ike/Lucario are higher.

Dunno if the stickers are legit though.
I don't think they're legit. I spawned some, went to the sticker album, checked new, and nothing was there. So basically they're just placeholders but if picked up too much I'm guessing it causes a freeze somehow.

Ninja'd by stoaster. Thanks! Can't wait till SSE is playable, that will be the one of the next heights for me.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Pikachu is awesome. I honestly wanted to main him in Melee, but I felt like he was a little too limiting to me, but now with all his fixes, he's a blast to play.

Mottie

Smash Rookie
Top Tier - Ike, Zelda

High Tier -Everyone else-

There you go

Now about Fox is his up B gonna retain that curve effect he gained in brawl or will that be taken out. Imo it's not needed I mean, he doesn't need it tbh Anyways, just thought I'd ask about.
Ike actually kinda suffers from being heavy and kinda slow, he's probably the best punisher in the game IMO; but his minor lack (certainly much better than in Vbrawl) of approach options and mono-directional, predictable recovery stop him from being absolutely awesome, if that makes sense. Though he can totally wreck and he's got a lot of options now, and people tend to underestimate the power of a Reverse JC'd Quick Draw Bair because it comes out extremely quickly and Ike can do it just about whenever he well pleases. Also his Eruption super armor makes it so that he can approach at higher percentages, even if the eruption is shielded or dodged, it doesn't have a very long recovery time and he can keep moving while he is in the air when he begins to charge it. I've KOed more than one person trying to force a trade by bringing the eruption down.

Uair and Dair shffls for Ike are outright frightening and combo better than his Fair and Nairs, though the Bair, like I said before, is much like Marth's Nair and can be used in shffling as well.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
In Bawrl, Fox was able to curve his fire fox(up B) towards the end of the animation for some reason.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
speaking of firefox, doesn't seem you can aim it as well as Melee. I keep missing the damn ledge when aiming diagonally downwards. can this be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom