• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Out of curiosity, are there any plans to alter YS so it's on the same timer it was on in Melee?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Alright, so...

I got to play some Melee with Mew2King today. He was very quickly able to figure out, explain to me, and then exploit my biggest gameplay flaw (I always use Ganondorf's double jump as a spacing tool before doing an aerial). He went a bunch of different characters on me and made me look pretty terrible, but he was doing pretty ridiculous (sandbagging) stuff all the time so it was pretty funny. I asked him what he thought about Project M the last time he played it. He said that he had only played it 1 time so far, which was last week, and he only tried out all of his Melee characters. He likes Captain Falcon the best, and also Jigglypuff is really good.

Then we started playing Project M. We got a few singles matches in before another guy jumped in and we did 3-player FFAs (M2K's idea). He didn't like playing as Sonic but thought that he was still an interesting character, and said that his new fair was one of the coolest moves ever. As the third guy was explaining Bowser and how he's now a powerhouse: "That's how it should be." No more than 5 seconds later, I kill both of them at the same time with a down-b: *he pauses the game* "That is NOT how it should be!" Then he was messing around with Ike and realized that his fair is now super good as well. He started winning even though he hasn't fully experimented with Ike's Quickdraw movement options.

Oh, and apparently I got him to go to Zenith because I let him borrow my controller...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I think he didn't realize just how strong it was when we were explaining how strong he was. I must say, that moment in the match couldn't have come at a more perfect time during the conversation.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Here are the results from the side tourney at Shell Shocked today:

1.5: Vist :luigi2:
1.5: JCaesar :wario::snake::link2::rob::mario2:
3: Chudat :pikachu2::lucario::mario2::fox:
4: dkuo :falco::pikachu2:
5: bstuk
5: fang
7: KingofCereal :dk2:

Yes, we split, didn't have time to finish, though I won the first set of Grand Finals. We might finish it Tuesday night at Xanadu if Vist can make it.

Yay @ my first victory ever over Chudat :D

Vids coming soon. I also got a ton of friendlies recorded with Boss, and even more with Azen (who btw loves ROB :bee:).

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Currently getting an error on the forum about the server being moved..?

I was about to post a huge list of cool stuff you can do with the Gyro too. >_>

Good thing I copied it.

Pasting it here just in case.

Might as well throw out a big list of awesome stuff you can do with the gyro, but first I have a question.
Mister Eric figured out that R.O.B.'s gyro will always send people in the direction that R.O.B. was facing when it was thrown/fired, no matter how it hits (except on the ground, at which point it has different properties) in Brawl. Is it the same in P:M?

Anyways big list of gyro funstuffs

Aerial Glide Toss (AGT). Universal tech, but only a few characters get a lot of use out of it. R.O.B. is one of these characters, since he can spawn his own item. This will give you a momentum boost in one of the 8 directions you can airdodge in as well as cause you to throw the gyro. For the sake of simplicity and continuity, I'll name AGTs as follows: *direction item is thrown*-AGT-*direction character moves*. For maximum efficiency with AGTs, aim the airdodge with the control stick and the item throw direction with the C-Stick.
R.O.B.'s Up-AGT-Up gives him the largest momentum boost; it's almost an entire midair jump. Given that R.O.B. has 3 Robo Booster charges and a midair jump, he can Up-AGT-Up twice and gain height equal to an entire Robo Booster charge. You can maximize your vertical recovery by doing the following: Robo Booster > Up-AGT-Up > Midair Jump > Z-Catch gyro > Robo Booster > Up-AGT-Up > Robo Booster.
Down-AGT-Forward > Fast Fall at Full-Hop height is a guaranteed grab setup at almost any percent on almost any character. So long as the Gyro's knockback mechanics are the same as in Brawl, it will always hit the opponent forward, and if you time the FF and Dash Grab or Dash > JC Grab properly, it's inescapable.
You can cancel a Robo Booster with an airdodge 10 frames after you can cancel it with an attack, IIRC. This means you can do S-Special > AGT for mixups with Forward-AGT-Backward or grab setups with a Down-AGT-Forward with the proper spacing.

The most efficient way to pick up a Gyro on the ground is with a Wavedash.

If you use an aerial out of Robo Booster, you will hold onto your Gyro instead of throwing it. This allows you to hold onto the Gyro while still having all your options in the air.

Gyro at the edge makes it insanely hard for opponents to get back to the stage. It's like constantly having a D-Tilt poking the ledge, but R.O.B. can still smack you away if you avoid it.

Grounded Gyro + D-tilt = autocombo.
Grounded Gyro in general combos into anything on hit.
Btw "Grounded Gyro" means the gyro is just spinning on the ground, not being fired by R.O.B. while on the ground.

Might post more later.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The funniest **** ever happend when I was Wifi'ing MaxThunder yesterday. He ****ing turned into Pokemon trainer mid game and pulled out Squirtle and Ivy. I LOOOOOOOOL'd

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Oh yeah, and some guy walking by said something like "you're playing Brawl at a Melee tournament? ...Oh, it's Project M." And Mew2King was like "it's Melee dude."

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Why is Smashmods being moved? I'm so confused at the moment. I can't even get onto irc :<

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801

oksas

oak-sauce
glad you made that. why do so many people not understand

seriously that guy makes it sound like he's never used a mod before. ever heard of doom bro?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
My arms hurt so bad after playing for 11 hours last night that I don't think I can play tonight. I hope everyone got to see what they wanted to and enjoyed it as much as us.

http://www.twitch.tv/peefsmash/b/318818423
Here's a highlight for you showing off the true power of the new improved AI. Thanks KingClubber for making this possible! (Human player is Shonic offscreen)

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
3 Falcon Punches in 1 match? SHFFL'd Knee of Justice kill?

Lvl 9 CPU P:M Falcon for God Tier.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
My arms hurt so bad after playing for 11 hours last night that I don't think I can play tonight. I hope everyone got to see what they wanted to and enjoyed it as much as us.

http://www.twitch.tv/peefsmash/b/318818423
Here's a highlight for you showing off the true power of the new improved AI. Thanks KingClubber for making this possible! (Human player is Shonic offscreen)
Commentary was hilarious XD.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
So is Peef referring to new A. I improvements being worked on or just what is in the demo.

Cause I think a mid-summer A.I. update would be amazing while we wait for the character pack.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I've heard the updated AI is going to be in the patch. It's looking pretty awesome at the moment.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Dat Peach AI is top tier! Fox was good, but he was no match for her.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I saw the AI on JC's steam as well. It's just so good.

I'm telling you guys, by the time they're done, Armada's going to be losing Peach dittos to the AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom