• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
A while ago, I hinted that I was working on something called "Project W". Well, it's live now. Here is the IGN hosted Project M Wiki!

http://www.ign.com/wikis/smash-bros-project-m

It has more information than even our own website and it will constantly be under construction. I would like it if you contacted me first before any major contribution. There are things we only want to reveal later like the stage list which isn't quite finalized.
Just for this I'll consider making an IGN account. I'd like to contribute with my noobish knowledge and spell-checking skills.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Neutral stages are suppose to be...neutral. They shouldn't give any sort of significant advantage to any particular group of characters. It's the reason why Pokemon stadium was ultimately made a counter pick in melee. I think Pokemon stadium 2 however is more neutral considering there aren't transformations.

Neutrals.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Hill Zone
Wario Ware
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story
Smashville

Counterpicks
Dracula's Castle
Skyworld
Rumble Falls
Temple: M
Pokemon Stadium 1
Yoshi's Island
Metal Cavern

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
Neutral stages are suppose to be...neutral. They shouldn't give any sort of significant advantage to any particular group of characters. It's the reason why Pokemon stadium was ultimately made a counter pick in melee. I think Pokemon stadium 2 however is more neutral considering there aren't transformations.

Neutrals.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Hill Zone
Wario Ware
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story
Smashville

Counterpicks
Dracula's Castle
Skyworld
Rumble Falls
Pokemon Stadium 1
Yoshi's Island
Metal Cavern
Voting for this list

Also:
Every Ganon and Falcon mains dream
Credit to the rightful owners of the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62FHlrLyojo

MaxThunder

PM Support
Neutral stages are suppose to be...neutral. They shouldn't give any sort of significant advantage to any particular group of characters.
So... there aren't really any neutral stages...
... everyone should use the term "starters"...

Edit: Guys i need a pic of falcon that represents returning melee ATs... but i have no idea how... any ideas?..

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Been doing a couple spellchecks on the wiki. I think a couple of images for a few of the more intricate mechanics (landing detection especially) would be really helpful. I might just get them myself later if I keep doing this.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Here's the list I've been playing with recently. The starter stages are the ones that have the most similarity to BF and have a minimal amount of indirect hazards. Keep in mind that this list is intended to be as liberal as possible in order to allow maximum testing of stages.

Starters
Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Green Hill Zone
Fountain of Dreams
Lylat Cruise

CP
Delfino
Dracula's Castle
Metal Mario
Rumble Falls
Pirate Ship
Jungle Japes
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Port Town
Castle Siege
WarioWare
SSE: Jungle
Big Blue
Skyworld
KJ64
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium
Pictochat

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The only problem I have with that list is it has too many counterpick stages that have already been proven terrible in a melee setting. Either by existing already or being nearly identical to stages that were proven terrible.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I agree completely. Like I said, it's intended to be extremely liberal. It includes plenty of stages that are probably going to be banned in the future, but I thought it would be worth testing them until then. You never know, they could work better in a PM environment.

Kati

Smash Lord
Did anyone stick around Brawl+ long enough to try big blue+? I believe Frozen hobo made it. It had no cars, and the falcon flyer kept a (nearly) constant distance from the road, which was sped up. I'm not suggesting that it be added to the counter pick list, but it was an incredibly fun improvement.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Here's the list I've been playing with recently. The starter stages are the ones that have the most similarity to BF and have a minimal amount of indirect hazards. Keep in mind that this list is intended to be as liberal as possible in order to allow maximum testing of stages.

Starters
Lylat Cruise
Nice to see some love for LC. Not gonna last long though.

Revven

FrankerZ
Did anyone stick around Brawl+ long enough to try big blue+? I believe Frozen hobo made it. It had no cars, and the falcon flyer kept a (nearly) constant distance from the road, which was sped up. I'm not suggesting that it be added to the counter pick list, but it was an incredibly fun improvement.
Big Blue+ isn't in P:M sooo I'm not sure why you're bringing this up...?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Also, this got buried:

"What are the plans for sonic's aerial forward b oddities? Is some form of the "drop like a rock" mode planned to stay? Is the team aware that the move still shoots you downward w/o a first use on occasion?* Are they aware that sometimes it doesn't shoot you downwards, even when you've used it once?

I like incorporating it into my options a whole lot, and I would be upset to see it go. But like many other things about sonic, it is very inconsistent."

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FoL1EEeVEQ&feature=plcp&t=2m
I actually asked this question a week or two back;
Been having a weird thing happen with Sonic...sometimes whenever I overB in the air to recover, Sonic plummets (like goes so fast so low its as if I were using dair instead)... Is this known/intended?
It's known and we know what causes it. Thanks for reporting it though!
So it seems its a glitch, and I imagine it'll be fixed come next patch/update/what have you.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
SSE:J is a bad stage and you should feel bad for mentioning it.

Moving plats are fine; they're all on timers, and as such the impact is consistent.

WarioWare's platform layout is irregular. It affects edgeguarding a lot.
Sorry for late responce. But I simply used your criteria. S

SE has perfectly symetrical platform layout thus not violating criteria 2, of irregular platform layout, it is status quo.

And there is no random hazards that are detremental to competetive play so it passes criteria 1. So it passes for your criteria.

I agree it isnt a starter.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
If this works the way I imagine it to work, I could get behind a system like this.
Please elaborate.
Set Starts.

Characters are selected before stage selection starts.

1P selects Falco; 2P selects Peach

BF
SV
FoD
YS
YI
PS1
PS2
DL
HB
WW
GHZ

1P bans FoD
2P bans WW
2P bans YS
1P bans DL

BF
SV
YI
PS1
PS2
HB
GHZ

2P
strikes PS1
1P strikes YI
2P strikes HB
1P strikes GHZ
1P strikes SV
2P strikes PS2

BF
SV
YI

PS1
PS2
HB

GHZ

Match 1 is played on BF

1P wins Match 1. 1P is allowed to strike one stage. 1P strikes YI.

BF
SV
YI
PS1
PS2
HB
GHZ

2P Chooses GHZ for her counterpick.

1P selects character.
2P selects character.

Match 2 is played.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You're wrong. Stadium was moved to CP because Stage Striking requires an odd number of stages. The term "Neutral," as I explained on the previous page is no longer relevant, and Stage Striking means you should be using more stages as Starters. Ideally, you'd strike from the entire legal stagelist, but that isn't realistic as stage striking could potentially take 5 minutes, slowing down tournaments. To prevent this, you move the stages that are almost always struck anyway to CP status, and have 7 to 11 stages to strike from.

Svetsunov

Smash Apprentice
Whats everyones opinion on Warioware? I've more or less finalized that stage list i was talking about earlier, but some of them thought that "warioware was iffy" and was curious what the rest of the smash community thought.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The platform layout makes it less "neutral" (starter-worthy) than Yoshi's Story or similar stages. But depending on your preferred starter list, there may be room for it as a starter if you need 1 more for an odd number.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I'm still trying to figure out how to represent returning melee techs with a pic of falcon... would like some help... It's for the cover i'm making...

kaizo13

Smash Champion
"What are the plans for sonic's aerial forward b oddities? Is some form of the "drop like a rock" mode planned to stay? Is the team aware that the move still shoots you downward w/o a first use on occasion?* Are they aware that sometimes it doesn't shoot you downwards, even when you've used it once?

I like incorporating it into my options a whole lot, and I would be upset to see it go. But like many other things about sonic, it is very inconsistent."
I'm not a Sonic player, but doesn't that happen when you tap side-b instead of hold side-b? isn't that how it works for grounded spinshots? Idk i always thought that's how it's supposed to work in the air. simply hold b if you don't want to drop. I don't see how it's a glitch, unless u still drop when u hold b....but that's never happened to me

also speaking of Sonic glitches, Am i doing something wrong cuz sometimes when I tap jump out of spinshot it shoots me in the spinshot>jump trajectory but as a normal jump, with no jumps left.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
No, it's a glitch. It happens when you've use it twice before landing.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
No, it's a glitch. It happens when you've use it twice before landing.
in Leleeu's video he only used it once, plus he landed before using it. Looks like he tapped side-b

Edit: ok he did use it twice, but didn't he land before doing the second one?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
All I remember is that it has to do with side-bing directly out of hitstun. It's been fixed, regardless.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
A while ago, I hinted that I was working on something called "Project W". Well, it's live now. Here is the IGN hosted Project M Wiki!

http://www.ign.com/wikis/smash-bros-project-m

It has more information than even our own website and it will constantly be under construction. I would like it if you contacted me first before any major contribution. There are things we only want to reveal later like the stage list which isn't quite finalized.
SWEEEEEET. Nice to see one of my videos up on there. :p

Izzmo

Smash Cadet
I'm still trying to figure out how to represent returning melee techs with a pic of falcon... would like some help... It's for the cover i'm making...
I suppose it would be hard to do, because no AT comes to mind which you can make out simply by looking at falcon with no points of reference. The only thing I can think of is having him waveland Uair or waveland Dair off a platform for which you'd need a platform on the cover.

Also, pivot boosting is amazing with a few characters. I'm really happy it stuck around. You can utterly confuse people who don't expect it and it looks really flashy. Especially the spacies seem to have great pivot boosts.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I suppose it would be hard to do, because no AT comes to mind which you can make out simply by looking at falcon with no points of reference. The only thing I can think of is having him waveland Uair or waveland Dair off a platform for which you'd need a platform on the cover.

Also, pivot boosting is amazing with a few characters. I'm really happy it stuck around. You can utterly confuse people who don't expect it and it looks really flashy. Especially the spacies seem to have great pivot boosts.
The pic is going on the back of the cover, so having a platform or something would be good...
anyways... i hadn't considered wavelanding into aerials for some reason... gotta test that...

i know that just wavedashing or wavelanding alone just looks wierd, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom