• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Lucas is revealed? YESZ!

Btw, it seems there is a two weeks difference between Falco's and Lucas's reveal, can we expect a similar rate?

Sterowent

Smash Ace
liking the layout of these, hah. the P:M Dojo!

"oh man, i wonder how he'll play! who'll be revealed next! i hope sonic is in this game!"
"oh no, does that mean ness is replaced? the horror!"

be sure to keep your sticker screens under wraps, fellas.

"whatevs, as long as geno's in this, which i'm 210% sure of, best game of all time."
d-don't let them...see you cry.....

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Does the new PK freeze have a larger hitbox than pk fire? It looks like it should...

Btw, I love offense up. I was expecting it to be some kind of healing thing. This is SO much better, imo.

Powered up Lucas F-Smash? DO WANT!!!!

Dan_X

Smash Lord
btw, nice artwork Orca. What program do you use?
Thanks Marf. I painted it in Photoshop CS5 with a Wacom Intuos 3 Tablet. :D

EDIT:

Does the new PK freeze have a larger hitbox than pk fire? It looks like it should...

Btw, I love offense up. I was expecting it to be some kind of healing thing. This is SO much better, imo.

Powered up Lucas F-Smash? DO WANT!!!!
Actually, our first iteration of a new neutral B was one that restored HP every 'x' number of frames. However, it didn't do much for his game, and we hit the drawing board again.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Actually, our first iteration of a new neutral B was one that restored HP every 'x' number of frames. However, it didn't do much for his game, and we hit the drawing board again.
I can't thank you guys enough for this. That was pretty much my opinion on PK heal, but I didn't want to comment on it until it was revealed. He'd still have the same tools, but he'd have the incentive to run away and heal his damage. I don't even want to think about the amount of time he'd have to heal in between stocks.

Offense up is so much better. I think I'm actually going to main Lucas because of this.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Lucas is revealed? YESZ!

Btw, it seems there is a two weeks difference between Falco's and Lucas's reveal, can we expect a similar rate?
There isn't really any set rate.
It's all at the rate at which characters are far enough in their development to be used in a Dojo update.
For all we know there might be a point in PM development where two characters can be put out a week, or maybe not. Just depends on how busy people are I guess.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
There isn't really any set rate.
It's all at the rate at which characters are far enough in their development to be used in a Dojo update.
For all we know there might be a point in PM development where two characters can be put out a week, or maybe not. Just depends on how busy people are I guess.
Yeah, I guess we will see!

Also, what is going on with Wolf? We haven't heard much of him aside from getting a rapid kick. In a melee world, I bet he is shaping up to be another high/top tiered spacey.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Great update guys o-o

(ok i'm gonna say this and NO I AM NOT WHINING)
ok so Lucas smash attacks are all superior to Ness's....what made you guys go with "offensive up" over some sort of healing move? (i am not against "offense up" ,i think it is a very neat idea)

and since u guys seem to be a bit on the experimental side.....what can we anticipate for Ness's PSI magnet? (side step? side-roll? jump? some sort of weak hitbox?)

Rikana

Smash Champion
Oh yeah. That's right. Lucas can JC his PSI magnet so he has a wavePSI now. Cool.

D

Deleted member

and since u guys seem to be a bit on the experimental side.....what can we anticipate for Ness's PSI magnet? (side step? side-roll? jump? some sort of weak hitbox?)
Crouching out of PSI Magnet for Ness seems kinda cool. Gives him an option to side step or crouch cancel an attack. Ness would be able to actually absorb energy to health w/o punishment... crazy.

Also, it would look normal in continuation as PSI Magnet and crouching are defensive options. The B+ windbox upon drop was a cool addition though.

Is there any consideration for Lucas's Offense Up to alter his specials too?
PSI Magnet, Up-b, side-b,
Offense Up^2
lol
I could see that going places. Like giving a semi spike to side-b or extra speed to up-b's projectile. Something crazy.

humble

Smash Ace
I love the new Lucas changes, great job! Offense up sounds sick, though my favorite change is jump out of psi magnet, I loved using that move as an attack in vBrawl. As a side note, can he drop it quicker than in vBrawl?

Dan_X

Smash Lord
We should make ness's neutral b Speed Up lol
Speeding up neutral B's aerial movement would be nice--- if only slightly faster. As it stands now, neutral B can be used to edgeguard certain characters, though given the speed at which it travels it is highly telegraphed and can be avoided.

Ness is one of my mains in PM, he's very good too, not sure that he needs any buffs. I don't fight any good Lucas' either, so I'm not sure how the matchup pans out. Lucas's JC to down+B is full of win though!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, I guess we will see!

Also, what is going on with Wolf? We haven't heard much of him aside from getting a rapid kick. In a melee world, I bet he is shaping up to be another high/top tiered spacey.
Ugh that's one of my least favorite changes. Wolf's jab3 is so good and rapid jabs in general are so bad. Oh well, I guess it adds tech skill or something...

Wolf is really really good right now, but he has yet to be reworked into Melee. For a spacey, he's one of the most combo-resistant characters in the game (not even due to his shine, just his lack of gravity), and has an amazing recovery, and that just ain't right.

Speeding up neutral B's aerial movement would be nice--- if only slightly faster. As it stands now, neutral B can be used to edgeguard certain characters, though given the speed at which it travels it is highly telegraphed and can be avoided.
I think Sneak meant change Ness's neutral B to the Earthbound attack SpeedUp, just like we changed Lucas's to OffenseUp. I have no idea how that would work though. And PK Flash is more iconic to Ness than PK Freeze was to Lucas.

D

Deleted member

Yeahhhh, Wolf is reaaally good somehow. :)

Maybe we should "SpeedUp" Ness's PK Flash? :p

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Whoa...

Wolf has a rapid Jab now? Safer footsies + wavedashing sounds hella sexy for improving his ground game. I think I love you guys.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Lucas looks amazing Shanus! never dreamed of his new Neureal B. The forward B needs sound(at least I didn't hear his saying "PK freeze". Also on the new pq freeze, could it be possible that it freezes for a short(very short) period of time when the opponent is on high %?(kinda like IC's neutral B) That would be awesome

MacKellarTeam1

Smash Cadet
Awesome Vid thanks for sharing that guys. That neutral B made the end of the match look epic, Lucas also looks to have awesome approach/setups with the PK freeze.

Revven

FrankerZ
Lucas looks amazing Shanus! never dreamed of his new Neureal B. The forward B needs sound(at least I didn't hear his saying "PK freeze". Also on the new pq freeze, could it be possible that it freezes for a short(very short) period of time when the opponent is on high %?(kinda like IC's neutral B) That would be awesome
Usually (in my opinion) freeze moves at high %s are generally bad because freezing puts them so high in the sky that you can't reach them, thus making the usage of that approach kind of moot once at higher %s (take a look at Samus's ice missiles in B- to see what I mean by the freezing at high %s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom