• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Weren't you just defending the people complaining?
More complaining about people ignoring the complaints because "You haven't used the character, so you can contribute absolutely nothing to him".

Which I still disagree with.

I'm pretty sure he was trying to encourage legitimate conversation on the topic: similar in form but not in intent.
I'm glad Grim Tuesday's back and a fact.
<3

MaxThunder

PM Support
OK... i did a quick sweep of the brawl forums and found nothing telling me how to dacus... and after 3 searches i still can't seem to word it right...

I'd be really happy if someone could explain it to me...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Feedback without playtesting has merit. For example, perhaps a move looks weird due to its animation, or functions in a way that doesn't really make sense/fit in. It doesn't make much sense to say "You've never played the character, your opinions are invalid!" in such a case.
However, feedback with playtesting inherently has more merit. We've historically had over 80 designated playtesters with skills ranging from RyokoYaksa to Silent Wolf to DaShizWiz to Mango. Rest assured that we are very much aware how to iron out problem characters and moves via playtesting. Believe it or not, many of us do read this thread and whenever something of value is posted it's usually discussed in the Back Room and sometimes even implemented, so don't think we ignore our audience's desires or concerns.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Just tried Revision 1 of Project M from over 2 years ago.

Man, we've done quite a bit.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
OK... i did a quick sweep of the brawl forums and found nothing telling me how to dacus... and after 3 searches i still can't seem to word it right...

I'd be really happy if someone could explain it to me...
initiate a dash attack, and immediately c stick downwards and up+Z at the same time (up+A also works if you use your right hand like a claw while playing)

if your character dash attacks or jump uairs, you didnt get the timing right. i'd suggest practicing with link or wolf in vbrawl to get it right

MaxThunder

PM Support
initiate a dash attack, and immediately c stick downwards and up+Z at the same time (up+A also works if you use your right hand like a claw while playing)

if your character dash attacks or jump uairs, you didnt get the timing right. i'd suggest practicing with link or wolf in vbrawl to get it right
hm... this sounds oddly specific... what's the significance of the down on the c-stick?.. and the up-z?.. ... ...

... i'll have to go do a more in depth sweep of te brawl forums as soon as i get more stable internets...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Down c-stick is the easiest way to dash attack during initial dash. lol. Up-Z inputs the upsmash.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
hm... this sounds oddly specific... what's the significance of the down on the c-stick?.. and the up-z?.. ... ...

... i'll have to go do a more in depth sweep of te brawl forums as soon as i get more stable internets...
Pretty sure it's more like:

Initiate dash then quickly down on cstick, then rotate from forward on control stick to up quickly and press Z. That's how I've always done it at least.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Down c-stick is the easiest way to dash attack during initial dash. lol. Up-Z inputs the upsmash.
Just to add to this, here's the original video tutorial that Magus himself posted (but did not make): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Q2gfVEf0k

Alternatively, instead of inputting up+Z for the USmash, you can also use up+A with your right index finger. For some reason, I found this works better for me when trying to do Sheik's DACUS than up+Z.

Regarding DACUS'ing, is Boost Tossing still in?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Isn't that just glide tossing, the thing that's always been in and also has a new aerial version in P:M?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I haven't really noticed DACUS much in P:M videos. Is it as easy to do as it is in Brawl, Is it more difficult do the the speed increase?...these are things I want to know.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
didn't snake have dacus in demo1. it was just harder to do and had less distance.

i'd assume it would be the same for the rest DACUS

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Ok... I'll try not to drag this out.

I don't like wolf's design. Its that simple. It's not that I don't like his moves or that he's an untraditional spacie, its simply that I feel his playstyle does not fit his character. I don't have too play him to say that I don't like him...

I've watched what sw had some with him and while its impressive, it doesn't feel like wolf. It's just the design and how everything works.... I'm saying in a general sense that the characters personality and demeanor in his canon games is not carried over well.

:phone:

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Ok... I'll try not to drag this out.

I don't like wolf's design. Its that simple. It's not that I don't like his moves or that he's an untraditional spacie, its simply that I feel his playstyle does not fit his character. I don't have too play him to say that I don't like him...

I've watched what sw had some with him and while its impressive, it doesn't feel like wolf. It's just the design and how everything works.... I'm saying in a general sense that the characters personality and demeanor in his canon games is not carried over well.

:phone:
And it was in Brawl? I think the PM team did a much better job with the character.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Brawl is irrelevant to P:M discussion. That's like me bringing up Diddy Kong Racing talking about Banjo in Nuts and Bolts.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I think DDD's waddle-dees should block Rob's lazers.

and 9K, why do you make DDD's up-b seem so bad lol

MaxThunder

PM Support
ah... then i guess he just typed it wrong... cause he typed initiate a dash attack and then do c-stick down... at least that's how it came off to me...

Just to add to this, here's the original video tutorial that Magus himself posted (but did not make): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Q2gfVEf0k

Alternatively, instead of inputting up+Z for the USmash, you can also use up+A with your right index finger. For some reason, I found this works better for me when trying to do Sheik's DACUS than up+Z.

Regarding DACUS'ing, is Boost Tossing still in?

After a bit research, it seems shiek's DACUS has strict timing... and that there's a bit of delay on the Z-button for some reason... making it about impossible to z DACUS with shiek...

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Brawl is irrelevant to P:M discussion. That's like me bringing up Diddy Kong Racing talking about Banjo in Nuts and Bolts.
ಠ_ಠ It's seeing awful analogies like that that further make me wish they had logic classes in high schools...
seeing as you can't play this mod (of brawl) without brawl, we're in a brawl sub-forum, and this project wouldn't even exist without brawl.

A better comparison would be "That's like me bringing up the Declaration of Independence in American history."

Also, I think it would be in everyone's best interest if we waited till P:M came out before we put out our reviews on the state or P:M game-play. We're all aware some people don't like some characters. Please, let's just wait a few days, test out the characters, and then explain what specifically we don't like and offer a suggestion. The P:M team is not closed to new ideas.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Pardon me, PurDi, but your post comes off as extremely vague. You don't detail any reason as to why Wolf:M's moveset does not fit whatever personality (that you also didn't really define any parameters for) you feel he should be like.

What I'm saying is your post isn't constructive because you don't provide any real information for the team to go off of besides "It doesn't fit the character."

EDIT: Your post after this at least gets at something.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Also, I think it would be in everyone's best interest if we waited till P:M came out before we put out our reviews on the state or P:M game-play. We're all aware some people don't like some characters. Please, let's just wait a few days, test out the characters, and then explain what specifically we don't like and offer a suggestion. The P:M team is not closed to new ideas.
Exactly. The demo is to come out in a bit over a week, and you're having character debates now of all times?

As in, when it's far too close to the demo for the team to actually even consider changing the character to any real degree, and just days before you'll get to actually play the character yourselves instead of making guesses and using theory to talk about why you don't like them.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Feedback without playtesting has merit. For example, perhaps a move looks weird due to its animation, or functions in a way that doesn't really make sense/fit in. It doesn't make much sense to say "You've never played the character, your opinions are invalid!" in such a case.
However, feedback with playtesting inherently has more merit. We've historically had over 80 designated playtesters with skills ranging from RyokoYaksa to Silent Wolf to DaShizWiz to Mango. Rest assured that we are very much aware how to iron out problem characters and moves via playtesting. Believe it or not, many of us do read this thread and whenever something of value is posted it's usually discussed in the Back Room and sometimes even implemented, so don't think we ignore our audience's desires or concerns.
How about the animation on ganodorf's up and down angled side tilt, the animation just looks weird, leave the hitboxes but make it a roundhouse, sidekick or maybe a spin hook though that might be too fancy for Ganondorf

Man if I had kinect and the Brawlbox could read movements I could make up a bunch of cool animation moves real quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom