• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I have found the solution to bring back Roy/make him not suck/make Marth top tier!

Assign this to one of Marth's taunts. Problem solved.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Did you lose to Boss, yet? :troll:

:phone:
Boss was too scared to money match me :reverse:

cmart and I did MM Boss and Chu in doubles though. They won the first set, we won the second, and they won the third.

Oh and my recording software ****ed up and I'm not sure how many of the videos are actually salvageable :( Same **** that happened when Jiang came over. I really need to try different software.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
For Ness, I'd like to see his PSI Magnet allow him to activate it, turn around, and jump cancel it as fast as down to 2 frames, and for it to have no hitbox, whether it has one now or not.

This compliments his air game further and allows him to turn around midair instantly, something fox and Falco can already do, except their down B's are also the most ******** good moves in the game. No hitbox on the magnet because I honestly don't see what having one does for Ness's game.
That would be pretty good and I'd suggest some type of spacing duration after the move, (like a mid-gust of wind, not that sucky crap that sakurai did in vbrawl) but then that would kind of be over-doing it I guess.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I haven't seen wolf on stream in months. How's his progress going? I hope he hasn't been banned on streams :|

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
What streams have you been watching? We use him on our stream all the time.
Ahh, I use to follow Peef's stream, but then he turned into a starcraft ***. Whenever I log on to check out your stream I'm always hours late lawl thanks for the heads up I'll be sure to watch next time around.

D

Deleted member

Boss was too scared to money match me :reverse:

cmart and I did MM Boss and Chu in doubles though. They won the first set, we won the second, and they won the third.
lucky. chu won't MM me outside of brawl.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I'm going to assume that the framerate plummeted at some point. Oh, and I pulled off a sweet Ike combo right before leaving. Sucks that cmart's setup wasn't being recorded :(; also, running on an hour of sleep sucks ***, too (not johning at all, but I had to leave much earlier than planned because I felt like passing out in the venue >.>).

:phone:

MaxThunder

PM Support
Make Marth be able to transform into a Roy with Marth's attacks. I was half joking anyways.
ah... of course... that would be kinda wierd and as far as i know not really possible...

there is a roy vertex that looks pretty good somewhere... i think... i'm pretty sure i've seen one...

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Really? Nobody else is going to say it? All this Marth-ish stuff going on and nobody is going to say anything? *sigh* ok I'll say it then.

Marth needs changes. Not big but significant enough so that he keeps up with Falcon/Peach(who also have buffs).

Now we wait.....

D

Deleted member

Really? Nobody else is going to say it? All this Marth-ish stuff going on and nobody is going to say anything? *sigh* ok I'll say it then.

Marth needs changes. Not big but significant enough so that he keeps up with Falcon/Peach(who also have buffs).

Now we wait.....
marth shouldn't be touched.

falcon and peach should also not be touched.

sheik should get her actual down throw back.

not everything has to be perfectly balanced. imbalance is acceptable and a good thing if done correctly.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
marth shouldn't be touched.

falcon and peach should also not be touched.

sheik should get her actual down throw back.

not everything has to be perfectly balanced. imbalance is acceptable and a good thing if done correctly.
falcon and peach have been touched and they will continue to be touched(I know it sounds wrong)

Sheik is probably not getting her dthrow back simply because it's too easy button and it tends to eliminate cast members.

as for imbalance....I have no idea how you can type that, read over it..and even agree with yourself. How exactly is imbalance a good thing? "there are too many characters with potential to win! *gasp* Oh dear, whatever will we do?"

nah...makes no sense at all chief.

As for Marth, he has no extended hit boxes. You can spot dodge and air dodge pretty much all of his attacks. He also has no pressure game at all. The closes he gets is perfect spaced nair/fairs against opponents with limited range in comparison to himself(won't be alot of them in P:M). At the very least his counter could send projectiles back on the same trajectory they came at him from.

I'm also for giving him the Roy Side-b and maybe lowering the lag of his Dsmash for example. Frame-wise it's one of his best moves but it also leaves him open for 50000000 years.

D

Deleted member

How is imbalance a good thing in any way? Other than than as a (possible) byproduct of differentiating characters.
So you ask me for a situation, and then void the relevant one?

It's good because it lets you differentiate characters. It changes how each player sees the game though his respective characters, and anything based on them such as strategies, adds depth, changes viewpoints on risk/reward relationships, etc. "Social community depth"? I don't know why you'd even ask in tandem with a qualifier.

edit: you can find my matches with ryoko on streams...somewhere from a few weeks ago. You can see that marth does just fine even in poor matches (outside of ZSS, iirc). marth isn't that good but...just leave him as is.

G

genkaku

yeah, let's make marth's sword longer because he sucks as a character. His hitboxes aren't even disjointed!
I'm all for giving him puff's downB as well, just to make sure that he can keep up with the high-tiers, you know.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Uhm.. yeah, last I checked, marth was an amazing character at the top of the high tier, and a former top tier character.

He has amazing combo ability, gimp potential and great edge guarding game. Not to mention he's one of the few characters in smash that can hold his own against space animals. Additionally, he's arguably much less demanding to use as a character in terms of tech-skill. -Pretty sure he's fine..

And I main Marth in melee for tournament play, so it's not like im anti-marth or anything like that. I just don't really see how he would need buffs. He was a great character before, and he's a great character now.

If you're trying to argue that Marth needs buffs in terms of Project:M MUs; it's WAY too early to say anything about that. As you're probably well aware, characters change all the time, so discussion on MU's is too premature to really gauge how well a certain character (marth, in this case) Fairs against the rest of the roster.

Just my two cents

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Perfect balance is an impossible goal anyway. We're shooting for viability, which Melee Marth certainly is.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I honestly don't think it'd be a problem if his bair was made a bit stronger and came out 1 frame earlier and hit a little lower (its missing hitboxes on its animation start up). All the other top/high tiers benefit a TON from RARing ...except for Marth.

Also, like someone already said, Falcon got a buff to his recovery, why can't Marth get an expansion to one of his useless options? Its practically harmless and gives him a somewhat safe kill option at high percents outside of desperate nairing>edgeguards and f-smashes/up-bs.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
Did I heeard/read right O.o??? Sheik got her PAL DThrow and lost her ability to cheap 1/2 the cast with chain grabs like she did in 1.0-1.2?

Also, marth is fine, stop johning, choose marth in a stage he does incredibly good like Yoshi's Story, Wario Ware, Battle Field, etc... Thats why we have character viability and stages that are good for this certain character and there is also stages where the character don't excel as much...

Learn your character, his best stages, the match ups and you should do incredibly fine.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
no sheik doesn't have PAL d-throw

she had a nerfed version of ntsc for a while, and they've been messing with some experimental throws lately. not sure what the status on that is

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
marth is top shelf... quit trying to fight for him to be OP'eed

By the way, with SPooN's permission, i will send someone a PCI capture card. after a bit of tweaking, it works better then those dingleberry dazzles that everyone loves. i think they are 5hit. ill ship it free of charge as well...

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
no

melee side b
Wait, so, Marth has no buffs in PM from melee...? I hate to say it but If hes fine then why do the others in his tier have buffs? Peach doesn't need a new utilt or more side B utility, and falcon doesn't need faster falcon kill end lag or better recovery... That is if Marth won't be receiving any improvements.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Wait, so, Marth has no buffs in PM from melee...? I hate to say it but If hes fine then why do the others in his tier have buffs? Peach doesn't need a new utilt or more side B utility, and falcon doesn't need faster falcon kill end lag or better recovery... That is if Marth won't be receiving any improvements.
This. Marth is fine as long as C. Falcon and Peach are fine. If they get buffs, Marth must have something wrong with him.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Marth's gimp game is only easily applied to ****ty recovery characters(most of which are getting buffed) and spacies which is like 1% of the cast.

He has serious issues killing good players at high %. Even characters like Doc have pretty much a sure chance of killing if he gets a grab at higher %. Marth..nope. Grab...fthrow? nope, Bthrow? nope, Dthrow?, nope, Uthrow? maybe if they are at 200%. You have to hope you get lucky basically which doesn't happen at higher levels.

besides. All of Marth's Good MU's are being buffed so if things turn out right most of them will be at least 50-50ish with him. His 55-45 60-40 MU's might be the same or slightly not in his favor. Falcon vs Marth for example is widely considered to be 50-50 at this point. Falcon is Better in PM.......

jalued

Smash Lord
Marth's gimp game is only easily applied to ****ty recovery characters(most of which are getting buffed) and spacies which is like 1% of the cast.

He has serious issues killing good players at high %. Even characters like Doc have pretty much a sure chance of killing if he gets a grab at higher %. Marth..nope. Grab...fthrow? nope, Bthrow? nope, Dthrow?, nope, Uthrow? maybe if they are at 200%. You have to hope you get lucky basically which doesn't happen at higher levels.

besides. All of Marth's Good MU's are being buffed so if things turn out right most of them will be at least 50-50ish with him. His 55-45 60-40 MU's might be the same or slightly not in his favor. Falcon vs Marth for example is widely considered to be 50-50 at this point. Falcon is Better in PM.......
I agree with you that he will have more problems edgeguarding... which is why i dont understand your previous buff suggestion of increasing the power of his dsmash or sideB. Neither of them aid him in edgeguarding, so a more sensible suggestion would be to either increase the kill power of the tippered bair, or make it have a more downwards trajectory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom