• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
For the record, I wouldn't say that Peach feels the "least changed" from her Melee counterpart. She has some significant moveset differences like utilt and side-B and the way turnips work. What I said is that she is the easiest for me personally to transfer between the games with, because I personally play with tap jump off and have kinda bad tech skill, both of which are noticeable on most characters when you switch to Melee, but not Peach! I never utilt with her in Melee and I just float cancel everything, so she feels perfect to me when switching games, even with the moveset differences.
Ohh, I see. Sorry for the miscommunication, JC. But I guess that may be a reason why my friend didn't like how peach played in Project:M.

Also to the person who said it doesn't matter who's in demo2, to me, it kinda DOES matter. Demo2 is that very demo is what we will be playing for hours upon hours, days upon days, months upon months. I think it's even a possibility that demo2 is what we will have to go on until the final release, so with that said it DOES matter who is in demo2, in my opinion anyways, since I personally love this mod that the PMBR has created. If there is even a demo3, we'd probably have to wait until 2013 or close to it so...
My point is that demo2 is the project:M we will be playing for quite awhile, perhaps even until final release. So in my opinion, it is important what characters we will be able to play from demo2 -> final release.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I honestly think it would be cool if Single IC's could play. That would be amazing actually you would have to edit single IC though so they have an upB and slightly better moves.

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
I'm not saying that it doesn't matter, necessarily. What I meant to say is that speculating the characters that will be in the demo is useless because the PMBR will put in whatever characters they feel are ready to be put in. Well, that's assuming that they aren't going for a set amount of characters to begin with.

Pages full of demo character speculation just seem pointless and counter-productive to me. But then again, there's nothing else to talk about on this thread since we've pretty much covered every topic about 40 times .______.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm not saying that it doesn't matter, necessarily. What I meant to say is that speculating the characters that will be in the demo is useless because the PMBR will put in whatever characters they feel are ready to be put in. Well, that's assuming that they aren't going for a set amount of characters to begin with.

Pages full of demo character speculation just seem pointless and counter-productive to me. But then again, there's nothing else to talk about on this thread since we've pretty much covered every topic about 40 times .______.
How exactly is it counter productive? We aren't even involved in the production process. At this point everything that is going on is outside of our hands and as you said we've talked about everything possible so we might as well speculate. It's not like we have much else to do until the game comes out.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
But then again, there's nothing else to talk about on this thread since we've pretty much covered every topic about 40 times .______.
This argument itself has probably come up 40 times by now. We just keep cycling through the same discussion topics every few weeks.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Based on what I played characters I would actively suspect will not be in the demo are:

MK
IC's
Venusaur
Diddy
Olimar
Kirby

Then characters that might not make it but could depending on if they stabilize are:

Lucas
Squirtle
Sonic

Then again, I don't know the standards the PMBR will have when deciding who makes it, so certain characters may be left out even if they are functional and mostly complete.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yeah, I agree with you aeonclock. there isn't much point on "speculation" on who will make it on or not. But I was just commenting on whether or not I agreed with the list that kinklink set up lol. But my point still stands, it DOES matter who will make it in. :p

But yeah as others have said, we might as well speculate anyways just for the fun of it lol. There wasn't any point in speculating on who will make it in brawl, and there isn't much point on speculating who will make it in smash4 either. ESPECIALLY since it hasn't even STARTED development yet. But as you can see, one of the featured topics on smashboards right now is WiiU smash. It's just fun to speculate on the game we love :)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
There are other topics on smashboards you could post in. That way this thread stays about Project M and not a social thread.
LOL if we stayed on topic wouldn't we just end up repeating everything that has happened the past 2 years anyway? face it it's a lose lose situation.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
GUYS.

Keep the discussion relevant to Project:M. You're just asking for trolls to come and leave a creamy, wet poop stain on this thread. The last thing that this thread needs is trolls stinking it up...

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Speculation/suggestion: Don't announce or release anything until April, then update the thread title to advertise an announcement in the first post.
That announcement is that the patch for the demo has been released, with an accompanying change-log. The only change is that momentum fix for Falcon's Up-B.
Upon download, though, the contents are revealed to actually be the complete Demo 2. At least, it appears as such based on the new character folders.
When the game is actually played though, it's just an old version Brawl Minus.
But on the match results screen, there's a URL for the REAL Demo 2.
April Foolseption.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I rather have it by late March like they stated

Edit: and that wouldn't be much of a prank since you just told everyone

G

genkaku

What's wrong with kirby?
I thought that chudat played kirby a while ago and said she/he/it was a good character.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Balloon's don't fly. Their contents are simply lighter than the air, causing them to drift upward as air is compressed around them.

Rockets fly up.

And so does Charizard.
da... you... uh... um... shut up...

... and that's why i shouldn't try to be intelligent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom