• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
nah. I don't mind bowser he fits afterall and there is nothing about him for me to hate.

G&W is a random 2D character that is pretty much a waste of a perfectly good character slot as far as I'm concerned. He just looks stupid and 2D and he's a big dummy poo poo face!

Rob is sort of the same to me. It's like...what the hell who is this random ROB guy? Why is he on the game in place of potentially good or relevant characters? Why not add Waluigi? Wario is here..it would fit..noooooo lets add a stupid robot....

Revven

FrankerZ
Aren't hats messed up? Other than that I think he's fine. Btw, di you guys ever found a way to change the hats? I.E. Offense up and Shield breaker, Snake's nades(3 specials that were changed)
Nope, because Kirby's hats aren't a main focus and will take quite a bit of our time away to change them, especially when it's always possible for some characters' specials to change again in the future.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Rob is sort of the same to me. It's like...what the hell who is this random ROB guy? Why is he on the game in place of potentially good or relevant characters? Why not add Waluigi? Wario is here..it would fit..noooooo lets add a stupid robot....
Because without ROB, Nintendo would be nothing.

And no I'm not kidding in the slightest. ROB is very much an unsung hero. He and Mario basically brought Nintendo out of a depression, but Mario was the one that got all the glory whilst ROB was left in the dust, only to appear again in Mario Kart DS and of course SSBB.

Still sceptical? Read:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95844-R-O-B-The-Robot-Toy-That-Saved-Modern-Gaming
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_225/6702-Notorious-R-O-B

Waluigi's got nothin on the ROB, and don't you forget it son.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
LOL I don't give a **** honestly. Rob is a stuuuuuuuuuuuupid *** character. Mr. G&W Was just as revolutionary in terms of what he did to 2D gaming. I still don't want to see him on SSB games. I'm tired of his ugly 2D face ****ing up my 3D game. and Rob...Rob is just a ****ing ***. Should've put some made the Assist trophy characters playable and made Rob and G&W items instead.:cool:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
LOL I don't give a **** honestly. Rob is a stuuuuuuuuuuuupid *** character. Mr. G&W Was just as revolutionary in terms of what he did to 2D gaming. I still don't want to see him on SSB games. I'm tired of his ugly 2D face ****ing up my 3D game. and Rob...Rob is just a ****ing ***. Should've put some made the Assist trophy characters playable and made Rob and G&W items instead.:cool:

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
At first I wasn't impressed about ROB's appearance, but now he is just as much a part of smash as DK. I would hate it if he was removed in Smash 4. And Jcaesar would pesonally destroy Japan if they removed ROB.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'm not saying I want either of them removed. I just personally don't like them and I'm sharing my dislike with the world. I'm sure alot of people hate Marth or Pit for example. I don't really care.

leelue

Smash Lord
Thanks to my dearth of video game experience, I have as much attachment to ROB, Marth and G&W, as I do Ganon, Ness, and Samus. The spacies are lucky that I've seen their game played three or four times or else they'd be stuck with the "nobodies" for me.

Characters I'm familiar with outside of Smash

The Mario Universe (including anyone who has ever appeared in Mario Kart, which is why I know diddy)
The Pokemon Universe
Snake
Sonic
Kirby
Olimar

Characters I'd vaguely recognize if it wasn't for smash
Link
Fox and Falco
dedede
Metawife
Zelda (If only because her name is the name of the game)

Characters I would've never known
The rest

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Speculation/suggestion: Don't announce or release anything until April, then update the thread title to advertise an announcement in the first post.
That announcement is that the patch for the demo has been released, with an accompanying change-log. The only change is that momentum fix for Falcon's Up-B.
Upon download, though, the contents are revealed to actually be the complete Demo 2. At least, it appears as such based on the new character folders.
When the game is actually played though, it's just an old version Brawl Minus.
But on the match results screen, there's a URL for the REAL Demo 2.
April Foolseption.
This would be cool, might give you a little bit more time.

I rather have it by late March like they stated
I doubt it'll be released on time. The PMBR are perfectionists are will find things to fix until the end.

Edit: and that wouldn't be much of a prank since you just told everyone
Oh

good point

actually I Cubelarooso just exposed the team's original plan for the demo release, without knowing it

"by the end of March"

sneaky

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
He just looks stupid and 2D and he's a big dummy poo poo face!
It's because he's black, isn't it?

As history stories tend to be, the claim that ROB "saved Nintendo/video games/the world" is a huge exaggeration. ROB was just one part of a huge plan, without which Nintendo would've probably just taken a few more years to come overseas.

But actually, I did want him in Brawl before it came out, but like a lot of things in Brawl, he was just implemented horribly. Much like G&W, ROB's entire moveset could have been designed as an ode to all the peripherals and innovations Nintendo has introduced over the years, which has enough content to fill out every one of his moveslots with a unique reference, many of which without even any changes to a vBrawl move. Instead, he only has the Gyro that makes any sense. Not even a Stack Up attack! And without articles, that can't even be changed (See how I made it on-topic?).

This would be cool,
Funny, I was going for "sadistic"…

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
It's because he's black, isn't it?

As history stories tend to, the claim that ROB "saved Nintendo/video games/the world" is a huge exaggeration. ROB was just one part of a huge plan, without which Nintendo would've probably just taken a few more years to come overseas.

But actually, I did want him in Brawl before it came out, but like a lot of things in Brawl, he was just implemented horribly. Much like G&W, ROB's entire moveset could have been designed as an ode to all the peripherals and innovations Nintendo has introduced over the years, which has enough content to fill out every one of his moveslots with a unique reference. Instead, he only has the Gyro that makes any sense. Not even a Stack Up attack! And without articles, that can't even be changed (See how I made it on-topic?).

Funny, I was going for "sadistic"…
I didn't read anything else but that. I LOOOOOOOOOOOL'd

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Funny how February is the shortest month...

It means we're that much closer to the release of Project M of course!

/ontopic

:phone:

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
If DDD fsmash misses, it should create a hitbox that's on the ground around the hammer that trips anyone within its range. Simulating a earthquake. lol Or better yet the stars on DDD's grounded UpB should trip you.

Rikana

Smash Champion
However, if you try to cancel just before landing, you’ll make a fool of yourself, and you’ll be vulnerable for even longer, so watch out.

jalued

Smash Lord
If DDD fsmash misses, it should create a hitbox that's on the ground around the hammer that trips anyone within its range. Simulating a earthquake. lol Or better yet the stars on DDD's grounded UpB should trip you.
this was tried in brawl+ and it just felt unnecessary

(i resisted using the work gimiky)

leelue

Smash Lord
OMG cubelarooso I actually did L out L
I actually do Like the DDD front smash idea, conceptually. The move is pretty garbage, but having it simulate the Wario Down smash and the Boozer down B with an "earthquake" effect makes sense both for the move's animation and for continuity's sake.

If it has been tried before, I suppose then we already know how it performs in the real world.
It probably felt gimmicky because the move is rubbish.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Actually, DDD FSmash spawning a star, plus giving the stars a tripbox, sounds cool. Could provide a little bit of protection for two laggy moves. Which could be good or bad, but I think good.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Sorry I have never played Brawl+ or Brawl- so i wouldnt know whats been tried before.

I just suggest it because I think there are mechaincs in Brawl that are under used. Things like pitfall state, only DK puts someone into that state. Or the "stunned" state like when a shield breaks or a deku nut hits you. Tripping, only bananas do it intentionally. etc.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You have no idea. We played for an entire day and I think he went not-Lucas like, eight times.

I'm sitting here maining half the roster, going against some PK Freezin' jerk.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
dude, you played SO much lucas. LOOOL

I was sittin there thinking like "man, this guy finally gets to play the project:m alpha and among all the exciting new characters and their changes, we wants to play with this guy?? AND THEN complain about him?? :S"

lol jk, i wasn't actually thinking that. but you DID play a bunch of lucas and did say alot of stuff you didn't like about him xD

and to be fair, i played quite a bit of toonlink and pit that day as well... man, it's only been like 2 days or something that i havent played the alpha and i'm already reminicing :[

febuary go away and make room for HYPE MONTH MARCH. project:m coming in, kid icarus uprising, mario party 9, among a bunch of other big releases i can't think of off the top of my head are coming in march

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
dude, you played SO much lucas. LOOOL

I was sittin there thinking like "man, this guy finally gets to play the project:m alpha and among all the exciting new characters and their changes, we wants to play with this guy?? AND THEN complain about him?? :S"

lol jk, i wasn't actually thinking that. but you DID play a bunch of lucas and did say alot of stuff you didn't like about him xD

and to be fair, i played quite a bit of toonlink and pit that day as well... man, it's only been like 2 days or something that i havent played the alpha and i'm already reminicing :[

febuary go away and make room for HYPE MONTH MARCH. project:m coming in, kid icarus uprising, mario party 9, among a bunch of other big releases i can't think of off the top of my head are coming in march
You didn't say MASS EFFECT 3 :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom