• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Whatever happened to those "Nintendo reps"? Did anyone ever actually think that they were real?
They never showed up IIRC.

Jcaesar why does your twitch chat never work for me. Neko's is fine but that might be because he has glasses or is black.
Try a different browser?
I like how this thread has become the Smashboards social thread with optional P:M streams.
It shouldn't be like that, imo.

iLink

Smash Champion
Guys I have a great idea

You know how fox wasn't good enough? Lets make it so if he takes damage, his scouter breaks off, giving him a damage and speed boost. Heck, let's just make it so he can just throw it off himself.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
You know it is sad how the games I am anticipating the most are mods. When normal people are creating game more hype then the big companies...

First Project:M.
But Demo 2 has me stoked. But I have to ask is there any things that are different right now that could be changed after the Demo 2. I'm talking more mechanic like things, like tethers/light shields.

I guess the question is, are you guys still making progress on these type of things, or are you content with how the game currently plays?

Second this awesome mod of Medieval 2: Total War making it a Zelda game, its playable but still a work in progress.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vfhy7B8mSlM#! (trailer)
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=421448 (more info if you guys are interested)

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Had a lot of fun at GC Shadic and Daz(e). The game is great, I still have concerns about certain characters though.

As far as Lucas goes, I like most of his changes, I just don't really like his new Utilt and I still don't like grounded PKF. Also iffy about the new jab, I liked stick jab better tbh, but there's a lot of hate for it I guess.

jalued

Smash Lord
Had a lot of fun at GC Shadic and Daz(e). The game is great, I still have concerns about certain characters though.

As far as Lucas goes, I like most of his changes, I just don't really like his new Utilt and I still don't like grounded PKF. Also iffy about the new jab, I liked stick jab better tbh, but there's a lot of hate for it I guess.
how close to melee does it feel? I'm starting to get worried that demo 2 might disappoint. Magus was saying that he still has a 3 page of fixes to go :/

btw that hyrule total war looks EPIC, but they only have 400,000 views. Got nothing on PM ;)

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
btw that hyrule total war looks EPIC, but they only have 400,000 views. Got nothing on PM ;)
Hence why I said P:M was the first mod i was looking forward too;)

But hot dam 3 pages of fixes? Does that mean major fixes or a bunch of minor tweaks needed, like fox's DJ.

Either way all I can say is take your time, worst thing you guys could do is release a rushed product.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
how close to melee does it feel? I'm starting to get worried that demo 2 might disappoint. Magus was saying that he still has a 3 page of fixes to go :/
"Feeling" is kind of subjective. It could feel the same as Melee for some people and not for others. As far as emulating Melee goes though, it's like somewhere between 55 and 80% depending on what criteria you go by.

All secondhand information of course, don't take what I say at face value.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Have you actually played the game? It's pretty damn similar for any characters that were ported. And almost all the universal aspects are already done. Pretty sure sticky teching, light shielding, and melee tethers don't comprise 20-45% of the game.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Yeah. I didn't get triple kneed by JC because I'm bad. I got triple kneed because momentum doesn't stack correctly.

Do your part, guys. Donate at least $5 to Magus everyday, so he can fix this.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think wolf has the same odds of Wario. Someone we have seen but still has alot being done to him. I wouldn't bet on it. Considering he has the legacy of a space animal to live up to...it's going to be hard to make him acceptable in that aspect.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Also yes I'm being pessimistic. It's a good way to avoid disappointment.

Other characters I personally don't see happening for Demo 2-

Metaknight
Peach
Snake
Sonic
Samus (Varia Suit)
Ivysaur
Olimar
Ice Climbers
Toon Link
Squirtle
Kirby
Pikachu
Diddy
Dedede
Lucas

`dazrin

Smash Champion

Sooo much fun :p and yeah i liked the stick!.. wonder why everyone hates it so much :S

"Feeling" is kind of subjective. It could feel the same as Melee for some people and not for others. As far as emulating Melee goes though, it's like somewhere between 55 and 80% depending on what criteria you go by.

All secondhand information of course, don't take what I say at face value.
It's PRETTY damn solid in terms of emulating melee. Playing toonlink was 90% the same as how i played younglink in melee, except obvs toonlink is much better because of the buffs and new up-b. The ONLY thing I found to be kind of off, was the speed in which his bombs would fall to the ground when thrown straight up in the air, or another way of putting that would be the "floatiness" of the bombs. It felt like the bombs went either much higher than younglink's did in melee, or they fell down slower. This was only stood out to me because I throw a bomb up in the air and jump up and catch it only to throw them in a different direction, throw it up again to catch again, or drop it- sort've a mind-gameish thing. But even with that, he still felt 95% the same as how i played him in melee.

Also, many times, random guys from the melee tournament would come over and go "is this project:M? do you mind if i jump in?" and one time a falcon player started playing with us and his skills from melee transferred perfectly, he even verbalized that he was "trippin out" because he was playing melee falcon in "brawl." However, the only thing he found was different was something about light shielding or something like that, don't actually remember, but it didn't seem to bother his performance. Other than that, he found it the same.

Project:M-ulates Melee at around 90% I would say; speaking from first-hand experience. ;)

edit: and Kinklink, I personally believe toonlink will make it in demo2, only because he feels complete as a character and shadic said he was pretty much good in terms of development :p Also, the fact that he said that "someone else with a sword" is confirmed to make it in could further support that. :D

peach is a weird topic.. my friend who came with me to gameclucks to play with shadic and mattnumbers said that peach doesn't feel the same as melee and he didn't really like it.. however, JCaesar also is a melee peach main and said once on a stream that peach feels like she was one of the least changed from her melee counter part. I don't main or play peach at all, so i can't give any insight on that, but it's just something to think about.

ZSS felt really solid in terms of development. She's a really well designed character and she has many moves that synergize together well. She seems pretty complete to me, but thats just my opinion playing her.

Playing Pikachu felt REALLY GOOD. like, he retains alot of the aspects that made him a beast in smash64, such as his utilt and bair, which i really liked. he feels REALLY complete. I don't know why you would think he needs work or won't make it in.

D3 feels good and plays well also. I suck with him, but it didn't seem like he needed alot of work playing against him/ with him.

Snake also feels really nice. My friend played him alot and really liked all the changes and he said that he just felt much better to play in general. Also the fact that he's been appearing in youtube videos seems to me like he's a complete character.

everything else, i agree. squirtle feels amazing, but he didn't have a down-b in the build shadic brought to gameclucks, so I can't say he's complete when he's obviously missing a move :p

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Also yes I'm being pessimistic. It's a good way to avoid disappointment.

Other characters I personally don't see happening for Demo 2-

Metaknight
Peach
Snake
Sonic
Samus (Varia Suit)
Ivysaur
Olimar
Ice Climbers
Toon Link
Squirtle
Kirby
Pikachu
Diddy
Dedede
Lucas
Lol, I don't mean to 'argue' with you about who will make it in demo2 since I am not PMBR and I don't know anything for certain, Kinklink. However, I personally believe toonlink will make it in demo2, only because he feels complete as a character because he emulated younglink so well, and felt really good to play. Shadic also said he was pretty much good in terms of development when I asked him about Toonlink in terms of how "done" he was :p Also, the fact that he said that "someone else with a sword" is confirmed to make it in demo2 could further support that. :D

Peach is a weird topic.. my friend who came with me to gameclucks to play with shadic and mattnumbers said that peach doesn't feel the same as melee (didn't elaborate on what it was exactly) and he didn't really like it.. however, JCaesar also is a melee peach main and said once on a stream that peach feels like she was one of the least changed from her melee counter part. I don't main or play peach at all, so i can't give any insight on that, but it's just something to think about.

ZSS felt really solid in terms of development. She's a really well designed character and she has many moves that synergize together well. She seems pretty complete to me, but thats just my opinion playing her and playing against her.

Pikachu was pretty much confirmed by shadic that he'd be in demo2 at gameclucks. and playing him felt REALLY GOOD. like, he retains alot of the aspects that made him a beast in smash64, such as his utilt and bair, which i really liked. Being a pikachu main in 64, I would say he feels REALLY complete. I don't know why you would think he needs work or won't make it in, but it's probably just because you don't see him very much in streams or videos and stuff like that :p

D3 feels good and plays well also. I suck with him, but it didn't seem like he needed alot of work playing against him/ with him.

Snake also feels really nice. My friend played him alot (as he is a snake main in brawl) and he really liked all the changes (mostly the new fsmash and the up-b, as well as the down-smash feeling much better than it did in demo1) and he said that he just felt much better/smoother to play in general. Also the fact that he's been appearing in JC's youtube videos seems to me like the PMBR is happy with him as a complete character.

Everything else on that list, I agree. Playing with squirtle felt amazing and alot of fun, but he didn't have a down-b in the build shadic brought to gameclucks, so I can't say he's complete when he's obviously missing a move :p

Just my 2 cents on that whole thing, but I obviously am not PMBR and don't know anything for certain, so this is mostly my opinion with first-hand experience playing with and against these characters.

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
Why does it even matter who's going to be in the next demo? When it comes out, everyone and their moms are going to be downloading the demo regardless of who's in it anyway.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
For the record, I wouldn't say that Peach feels the "least changed" from her Melee counterpart. She has some significant moveset differences like utilt and side-B and the way turnips work. What I said is that she is the easiest for me personally to transfer between the games with, because I personally play with tap jump off and have kinda bad tech skill, both of which are noticeable on most characters when you switch to Melee, but not Peach! I never utilt with her in Melee and I just float cancel everything, so she feels perfect to me when switching games, even with the moveset differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom