• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Random thought of the day: Self-destructs are pretty lame in Brawl. As in they aren't counted if you get hit at all even if you jump off the stage yourself. Am I too assume this ain't something that will be fixed to Melee standards?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I guess it was to prevent players from keeping points away from their attacker, but it completely kills the actual point of SDs. That is, they're penalizations for ****ing up. I thought you got -1 to make up for the fact that you tried to keep a point away in the first place.

It's a minor thing though.

Stevo

Smash Champion
so many little things in brawl to fix

I read somewhere that DK has been pretty stable for a while now. Is he basically Melee but with better shield, better grab range, and a usable dash attack? I know his Fair is not meteor cancellable.

Is there less lag time after DK's Fair now kinda like Mario's?

I'm envisioning DK dash attacking off the stage into double jump Fair as an awesome combo in P:M but I get the feeling he would die after. I think Dash attacking off a ledge is a neat addition as a side note.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I'd be for Kirby getting his Melee dash attack with usable properties since his brawl one seems like an arbitrary change in his moveset.
It's not arbitrary at all. His yo-yo breakdance looks awesome and fits way better with his game canon. The fire dash always looked weird and felt wrong to me.

Plus, way too many fire users in the cast right now. The PMBR is taking away fire from characters like Kirby & Samus because it is so prevalent.

Edit: but I agree -2 for SDs would be a great change in the game system because I don't think you have that option to customize right now. But then I'm probably wrong haven't played Brawl in forever.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I've never met very skilled women in any video game other than World of Warcraft and Call of Duty (I play neither so I imagine they are relatively skilled).

I would actually love to see a girl do well in Smash Bros. just because I like stereotypes being broken.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
any streams happening today?

Hah, I was making sure it was a girl before making a guy with a really girly voice feel bad.

She was really pretty good. I was surprised... I've never seen a girl be any good at smash specifically.
my gf (girl in my avatar) is alright :] she knows how to l-cancel/wavedash and all that lol but she doesn't compete or anything, she just plays for fun :p she's posted on this thread on this account quite a bit actually lol

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
To elaborate, Snake snaps on the edge before he correctly equipped the Cypher in Brawl. Not in PM anymore.

"Keep points away from the attacker" is handled easily by making SD's -2.
Fun fact: Item related SDs in Melee take away an extra point, meaning you lose 3 points if -2 is on.

Stevo

Smash Champion
SERIOUS QUESTION:

has the PMBR considered lowering the amount of invincibility frames you get after grabbing the ledge?
If so, have you come to a decision?

Options I see are:

1. Leave it as Melee. (most likely)

2. Change it to work like 64 (invincibility dissapears as soon as you let go)

3. Lower it from melee to allow invicible actions from the ledge if done quickly. (could be argued)

4. Remove Ledge Invincibility or increase it (not gonna happen)

Speaking of invincibility, should the invincibility after respawning be changed at all?

I know the project is trying to keep things similar to melee, but given the fact that you guys have the freedom to change these sorts of things, I think it should be discussed. If something like this were to be changed, P:M is the perfect opportunity to do so.

edges are dangerous in most fighters, as you get backed into a corner, but in melee, things are very different. Not saying it is a bad thing, but is there room for improvement?

These questions also tie into the decision on whether or not to change ledge occupancy as well.

I would like to see the conversation go back to things like this. This thread hasn't really discussed anything important lately imo.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Over the 2 year span that Project M has started, I've watched the progress on Snake(my chosen main) and he's received some considerable buffs. The streams also provided me with enough intel to determine the positive side of his improvements, while a few of my friends only see the negative(and continue to) in Snake. They think he's broken already because of he has a new up B protection, faster mine placement, fast tilts, and deadly aerials. They think he's broken because he's well...Snake! and still has all of his gadgets. Can anyone explain why Snake is or is not broken to me or to the thread, just in case my friends are reading?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Because snake has poor defenses in air, and is big/heavy so he's combo bait. Also doesnt have the fastest moves and the moves that are fast, dont have that much range, sans fsmash.

his recovery is still extremely free to projectiles and disjointed moves as up b doesnt have any kind of armor anymore.

Only characters with poorly disjointed/non-disjointed moves have issues edgeguarding snake, but im certain every character has a move that can beat snake's up b.

He also doesnt have great run speed nor does he have great aerial mobility, so he can't really combo. He can do okay juggles though.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Each ledgegrab = decreased invincibility frames.

It was an idea brought up around the time that ledge occupancy was the main topic of this thread. Though, I don't recall seeing any of the devs posting about it being coded, let alone implemented into any of the builds.

@unholy - Snake only has one nade, his mines become active much more quickly, and double-hit Uair (if that's still being used) is balls. Snake also lost many of his vBrawl traits that made him good, but retained the ones that made him... well, not as good as Diddy.

edit: +what neko said

:phone:

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Is it still possible to do the psuedo-wavedash thing you could do in Brawl+ where you ran forward then crawled backwards for a split second, resulting in you sliding backwards? Most useful on Luigi.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Craq walking? That was in vBrawl as well. Honestly, though, with the friction increase, and amount of characters that can crawl, I don't see any usable applications of it.
I dunno if you're thinking about the same thing. In vBrawl you can't crouch out of run, so you could only get the little slide right as you landed. Or during walk I suppose, but I dunno how useful that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom