• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
yeah, that seemed like such an unnecessary flaw to an already hugely flawed recovery.

arguable, though, if lucas should continue to have that trait. his recovery is far superior to ness's, in just about every way.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
yeah, that seemed like such an unnecessary flaw to an already hugely flawed recovery.

arguable, though, if lucas should continue to have that trait. his recovery is far superior to ness's, in just about every way.
exactly thats why I was wondering. I know every character does need a downfall but Ness seems to take the ultimate bait when it comes to his return due to all people need to do is just intercept it by just running into it. and then even characters like Mario and fox who can just cape or rather reflect his recovery away. Even if ness does get it off his distance traveled is pretty short and also all someone has to do if theyre low enough even if they get hit by the move it shortens his distance (momentum) for recovering to the stage.

Ness' recovery is fine, that much is true enough.

But being punished for hitting them with your most powerful attack, which has nothing even resembling a setup and puts you into special fall?

Not only does gimping Ness require no effort in the first place, if you screw up and eat PKT2, you still get the gimp. Assuming you know how to tech, you also get the stock.
No other recovery in the game stops you dead and kills you for hitting your opponent.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ike's used to, but that was fixed. I don't see why we shouldn't apply the same logic to Ness.

Also, am I the only one who feels that zap jumping with Ness is extremely frame-tight? I did it in training all day and I could do it only 50% of the time which isn't even remotely reliable. If feels much easier on Lucas.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I've read that Lucas's Zap jump must be inputted on the second frame of the DJ (1 frame window), so I don't think it can be much harder than that.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Is there anyway to expand that? I know it's a glitch/physics exploit to start with, but are there individual character things that can be done to make them more reliable?

skrach8

Smash Lord
Ness had one of the worst recoveries in melee due to the fact that an opponent simply had to hover ness while he was recovering and take the hit.

THIS KILLED NESS' GAME.

If i could make a suggestion.

1. Ness does not go into a freefall state when his pkt is used to hit the opponent.
2. The cool down time shouldnt be too long, this would give him the chance to do another up b and make an ok.... but only ok... recovery.
3. He should not be able to spam this on stage.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Marik... you need to use MK's new Bair and D-tilt. They're mad good now and I didn't see you using them at all. Trying SHFFLing Dair to D-tilt and then go from there. MK is different, but still really good as far as I can tell.

D-tilt has a lot of DI dependent follow-ups, many of which combo and some of which kill.
I'll keep that in mind.

Strange that I wasn't abusing Bair, I love that move.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
1. Ness does not go into a freefall state when his pkt is used to hit the opponent.
2. The cool down time shouldnt be too long, this would give him the chance to do another up b and make an ok.... but only ok... recovery.
oh hey these suggestions look awfully familiar...

D

Deleted member

Or Ness could stay the same with a terrible recovery and a devastating onstage game.

Anyway. Any plans for Kirby's rock?

I'll just leave an idea here:

+ :kirby2: = ?

Revven

FrankerZ
Ness had one of the worst recoveries in melee due to the fact that an opponent simply had to hover ness while he was recovering and take the hit.

THIS KILLED NESS' GAME.

If i could make a suggestion.

Here's the thing, everything tried with Ness's recovery was done in B+. The special fall is tied with the endlag his PKT1 takes when it hits something/someone. There's no way to have him not free fall and have the PKT1 when it hits something have the same endlag as before, the two are tied together.

Unless there's some complicated way to go about fixing that that I don't know about, there's nothing that will be done to Ness's recovery.

shanus

Smash Hero
well, thats nto true anymroe Falco400, but that's not the point :D

Simply put, ness will go into freefall. He is substantially buffed from his melee incarnate and doesn't need a recovery like that.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Really, the only thing I'd want then is simply better frame periods on Zap Jumping (with both characters). Even a 3-frame opening would be perfectly fine (that is, if it's modifiable in the first place). Ness can still be edgeguarded based on how he makes an arc with his Zap Jump and can't do anything with the lag on PK Fire.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Why do you want a bigger window?
/gets mad that I spent the time to learn how to do it consistently and people want it to be easier.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
I dont even main lucas and i can do zap jump pretty concistantly.
One of Melee's big things was practacing. no one could waveshine on their first try, or even shdl.
Practice and you'll get it down better each time.
I say no on lengthening the window.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
wrote up an argument to include the upB collision fix, for ness. but i don't know what he's got in store. i even compared him to falco!

release some a those VIDS, GUYS

EDITOH****

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well I guess Sneak doesn't know Lucas that well, but he does know TECHSKILL SEXINESS!!!

The Fox one is better though. Seriously. It's amazing. Watch it now.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
OMG that's it?! more plz more!

no Falco footage?? D:

EDIT: btw, was Battlefield made bigger?? can't wait for some Melee sized stages ><

EDIT2
: loving the camera <3

EDIT3: and LOL at the high % k.o SFX! xDD

Dan_X

Smash Lord
OMG that's it?! more plz more!

no Falco footage?? D:

EDIT: btw, was Battlefield made bigger?? can't wait for some Melee sized stages ><

EDIT2
: loving the camera <3
^^ yes it was made bigger.

All the hype about sneak's falco and there isn't a vid up? =/
Yeah, we'll likely have some of that footage up within the week. We'll see what happens.

Not sure why they didn't use the Falco video.

shanus

Smash Hero
Falco with darkness shine not pretty enough and he needs a little more work IMO

kaizo13

Smash Champion
...today is a good day

the words ProjectM and Public get closer to each other every day ^^

EDIT: Btw Shanus, is it safe to say we will see a more "Melee-like" shine GFX by the end of the project? (i can't stand that humongous white flash, its annoying) :mad:

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Yes, Sneak's Lucas needs to employ Dair/U-tilt combos, Zair, PKT edgeguards, and moar smashes but the video does a good job of showing off the speed/technicality and the use of DJC.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
God, I think I'm already going to get a ton of satisfaction out of P:M merely from beating someone down at high %'s for uber lulzy yells (and NOT for the stupid whooshing noise). That, and everyone from what I have seen looks incredibly ****** under near-Melee physics.

If this took over Melee when it is completed... I don't know; with the current responses given, the public beta should catch on very quickly in my opinion.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
We've increased friction universally, although it could still use additional fine-tuning.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
by the looks of it, it definitely needs more friction...

dash grabs slide alot and everybody seems to have a good/easy WD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom