• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Shanus, the thing about falco that didn't make it feel as fluid as melee was how it does a slight pause when the shine hits sort of like vbrawl and the way the SHL feels. Its weird, like the time window to fast fall is really strict or something. Also with fox it felt a little weird because of the pause and u cant FF his lasers or follow up after Uthrow but i understand its still a work in progress. I was wondering if you could maybe let me help with the testing, i would love to be a part of the team and I have alot of high tech skill friends who are pretty open to the project who i could show and we might be able to help make alot of progress.

Edit: I'm soooo hype to see the matches tho.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Shanus, the thing about falco that didn't make it feel as fluid as melee was how it does a slight pause when the shine hits sort of like vbrawl and the way the SHL feels. Its weird, like the time window to fast fall is really strict or something. Also with fox it felt a little weird because of the pause and u cant FF his lasers or follow up after Uthrow but i understand its still a work in progress. I was wondering if you could maybe let me help with the testing, i would love to be a part of the team and I have alot of high tech skill friends who are pretty open to the project who i could show and we might be able to help make alot of progress.

Edit: I'm soooo hype to see the matches tho.
I can't wait for those videos. Me and you had some sexy matches with falcon vs falco/fox :3

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
He can pretty much do everything he can in melee except fire stall. I saved matches showing off alot such as shine bair outta shield, multi shining, basic dair to waveshine combos, shine wavelanding platforms, shine bair from missed techs. You guys should seriously upload a vid to counteract the moron who posted the random friendly of u guys not trying.

Oh yea.. small but memorable things were in like double laser from the ledge as well as foxes dthrow spike and falcons moonwalk looks sooooo much better in person. And DKs new bair is sexy.
Wow, Falco sounds perfect. But I will miss my turn around shine fire bird to get on the ledge. Will this be making a return?

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
Um I know its a tad late to ask this but I know you guys are trying to make this game as close to melee as possible. I was just wondering if it would be at all possible to have 2 different files one that his new P:M over smash like how it supposed to look like from Melee. for the other still have the same hit box etc just change the animation to how it looks in from Brawl? idk what it is but I think the I wanna say falco's chop looks better imo. Or would it mess up due to hit boxes. I wouldnt think it should just due to it being an animation but I could be wrong.

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this has been asked or not. Sorry if it has been.

In brawl, if you get a dash grab on someone, you retain some of the momentum from your dash after grabbing them, causing both you and the character you have grabbed to slide a bit. In melee however, if you dash grab someone, both characters come to a complete stop. Will we be emulating the melee scenario, or does a somewhat minor detail such as this not really hold any interest? Just wondering.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I don't know if this has been asked or not. Sorry if it has been.

In brawl, if you get a dash grab on someone, you retain some of the momentum from your dash after grabbing them, causing both you and the character you have grabbed to slide a bit. In melee however, if you dash grab someone, both characters come to a complete stop. Will we be emulating the melee scenario, or does a somewhat minor detail such as this not really hold any interest? Just wondering.
in melee u jc grab and have more momentum than a dash grab from brawl

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That, and bombs should also come out a tad faster. Bombs are awesome that they explode now, but something doesn't feel right about the ball form.
I haven't played the code set obviously, but if some things are the same from before then my best guess is the morph ball's aerial mobility/friction is weird. Try bomb jumping in Melee and then in B+ (I can't say that it's the same in P:M as it is in B+). You have to control the morph ball a bit more unlike Melee where it sort of automatically slows down for you when you use the bomb. Plus, I feel that bombs don't fall as fast as they did in Melee (once again, in B+; don't know if gravity changes were applied to bombs).

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
It feels the same as melee in P:M as far as grabs... you shoulda see how smooth my 1st waveshine to jcgrab wit fox looked omg.. everyone was so hype lol

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i thought that you couldn't view P:M replays properly due to the amount of inputs....is that still the case? :ohwell:

EDIT: or was the DSO footage recorded live? o-O

melic67

Smash Cadet
I have one question for you guys. Why would you have it in closed beta? Are you planning on selling or it patenting it in anyway. You might as well tell everyone it isn't done so chill if there are glitches, and let everyone get their word on changes, glitches and the like...
Just a thought

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I have one question for you guys. Why would you have it in closed beta? Are you planning on selling or it patenting it in anyway. You might as well tell everyone it isn't done so chill if there are glitches, and let everyone get their word on changes, glitches and the like...
Just a thought
that is why brawl+ failed imo... people put thoughts in based on how good a tactic worked on them personally. If they lost to it, they called it overpowered or b1tched until their characters got buffed (ness mains) and many unnecessary changes happened. They wanted changes instead of just getting good at the game.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Most competitive players don't truly understand the concept of an open beta. That is, that characters can and will change, sometimes drastically. All of Brawl+ until it went gold just now was all beta, with ongoing changes to be expected, but people still freaked out when they had to relearn characters. We're only letting in qualified individuals who can contribute and understand how much this game can and must change on the road to gold in order to be as great a game as possible... and when we feel like it's polished enough and stable enough, then we'll gradually let in more people.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
i thought that you couldn't view P:M replays properly due to the amount of inputs....is that still the case? :ohwell:

EDIT: or was the DSO footage recorded live? o-O
The input limit is only really a problem for teams matches or reeeeally long singles matches. Standard 1v1s don't usually have any problems. So yeah, I just recorded the replays.

camelot

Smash Ace
Is [firebird stalling] done differently or something? I tried alot but i couldn't get it to work.
Right now, Falco's ledge-grab box isn't quite right. He's coded to be able to Firebird stall, but the reason you can't do it like in Melee is because the area he can grab the ledge from is too low on him right now. I hope that made sense.

What's being done with Ness?

Anything new, or are his B+ tweaks all he's gotten so far?
Let's say that he's gotten general improvements that take him beyond his low-tiered Melee level. Basically, like everybody else, he's been brought up to par with the other Melee-ified characters.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I shoulda saved some replays of my lucas... I dont remember if i did or not but it was beast. I was doing some pretty creative/technical djc combos. He really fits as well as zss.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I haven't played the code set obviously, but if some things are the same from before then my best guess is the morph ball's aerial mobility/friction is weird. Try bomb jumping in Melee and then in B+ (I can't say that it's the same in P:M as it is in B+). You have to control the morph ball a bit more unlike Melee where it sort of automatically slows down for you when you use the bomb. Plus, I feel that bombs don't fall as fast as they did in Melee (once again, in B+; don't know if gravity changes were applied to bombs).
aka... Melee bombs were perfect and these aren't Melee bombs but should be :)

Let's say that he's gotten general improvements that take him beyond his low-tiered Melee level. Basically, like everybody else, he's been brought up to par with the other Melee-ified characters.
Good to hear. I may actually be able to play him in this and not have to default back to Falco or Marth.

Does PKT2 still bounce, ala Brawl, or can he ride along curved edges as he can in Melee?

shanus

Smash Hero
Good to hear. I may actually be able to play him in this and not have to default back to Falco or Marth.

Does PKT2 still bounce, ala Brawl, or can he ride along curved edges as he can in Melee?
It still bounces. Some hidden function automatically points to the next change action for wallbounce, its very annoying.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I shoulda saved some replays of my lucas... I dont remember if i did or not but it was beast. I was doing some pretty creative/technical djc combos. He really fits as well as zss.
You did save one of your Lucas vs (I assume) Ophy's Sheik. It was really good. You make Lucas look as fast as Fox.

shanus

Smash Hero
Ah, ouch.

Is it something expected to be fixable, or will we just have to work around it when recovering?
Probably something to work around. I really don't get it. It's the same thing causing issues with lucario, as an example.

jalued

Smash Lord
Probably something to work around. I really don't get it. It's the same thing causing issues with lucario, as an example.
if you could find the code, could/would it be related to the angle of incidence (i)? So say if, i < 45 then you slide up the stage, however if i > 45, then you bounce off at angle r (where i = r )

that would then require more skill to properly hug the stage

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
hmmm for riding up a wall I dunno and have no Idea about the coding for that but I do know the code for Individual characters upB's for auto snaps If this would be a temp solution for Lucas,Ness, Lucario, please let me know.

Unfortinatley it doesn't help diddy kong even though he faces the same dilema. espically in B+ his up B is just wierd to work with. He hits his head on the ceiling of FD and bounces off I have tried to fix it but I don't understand what it is.

I really haven't played Melee in along time due to my Memory card getting FSOD from PSO due to some duche. Entire card got corrupted and I lost everything ><.

Um question about Ness's UPB in this version is it going to send him into special fall if someone purposley runs into his PKT? Just wondering because I know off of playing Ness in Vbrawl B+ and BB that was primarly his one downfall.

Infinite PKT1 leads to some fairly stupid things, so I think it's best kept out. Aerial PKT juggles are hilarious though.

What I would make the case for removing is PKT2's travel distance being cut in half any time you hit someone with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom