• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i dont understand people who use their melee mains in project M. i feel it would throw me off my game, like even if it felt 100% like melee the changes such as peach's up-tilt and stuff i feel could mess me up a little for melee. plus a bunch of new people to try who doesnt get excited for that.

Also i couple page back someone asked about the changes done to luigi, and even through i dont have an interest in using him I would also like to know whats been changed about him

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'll be using Ice Climbers just because the only reason I didn't in Brwal was lack of Nana Dair CGs, IBC's, and Wavedashing, and Melee Roll/SideStep desynchs, all of which I certainly hope can return when Nana stops being a spazoid.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
i dont understand people who use their melee mains in project M. i feel it would throw me off my game, like even if it felt 100% like melee the changes such as peach's up-tilt and stuff i feel could mess me up a little for melee. plus a bunch of new people to try who doesnt get excited for that.

If you find a reason to dislike this then you have no soul. :(

Though honestly, the same can be said of terribad characters in Melee that people mained that received a relative overhaul in PM. Kirby and Zelda, for instance. It's a bit embarrassing to use Din's Fire in Melee. It's just a matter of adapting and treating them like clone characters who play only somewhat similarly.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^i never said i didnt like or love that. (i kinda love that) no what i meant is that I would get use to having that as a up-tilt then it could throw off my melee peach who doesn't have that up-tilt.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
This is why I'm personally in favour of not changing any melee character at Ice Climber tier and above.
i disagree with this. I would give reasons but i should be sleeping and ive notices my posts sound like they are written by a one handed monkey when i am tired. but i disagree with your post

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
This is why I'm personally in favour of not changing any melee character at Ice Climber tier and above.
I'm against changing Fox, Falco, Puff, Sheik(Minus her silly SideB).

Everyone else has at least 1 thing that can be improved to make a difference in how they do against these 4.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
^^what they said

I think if I tried to use my Melee characters in this I would just get thrown off (Melee is the priority here)

It's like trying to use Fox the same way in Brawl as you did in Melee

Not gunna happen

Maybe I'll find another character, or just play one that I used in Brawl, since both games are casual.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Ecks

Smash Lord
I wasn't able to read that. It was either don't read it and live, or die a horrible death by terrible grammar.

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
Because they're the only ones used in the game, right? What you're saying is presuming that people seriously main only those characters and no one else.

I'm against changing Fox, Falco, Puff, Sheik(Minus her silly SideB).

Everyone else has at least 1 thing that can be improved to make a difference in how they do against these 4.
Yeah, like give everyone that Sheik can chain grab a chain grab against Sheik. >.>

jalued

Smash Lord
Because they're the only ones used in the game, right? What you're saying is presuming that people seriously main only those characters and no one else.

Yeah, like give everyone that Sheik can chain grab a chain grab against Sheik. >.>
it was a shame to hear that the sheik's PAL dthrow idea was regected because of stubborn melee players: it wouldnt change high tier matchups significantly but means alot of characters (bowser for example) have serious problems against her

But that's life bowser, get used to it. Sheik can't be slightly nerfed to allow for other character's to have a chance against her, that would be unacceptable

(dripping sarcasm)^

side note: it was her upair nerf that caused her matchup problems in PAL, not her dthrow

Cero

Smash Lord
In the demo, characters are able to grab the edge backwards as long as they're in special fall. Does that still hold true in the current build?

If so, why? I'm not complaining. I just never heard an official reason why this would be desirable.

The only thing it does is buff recoveries across the board (and give Ganon and Falcon a really safe side-B next to the ledge and a cool way to edgehog too).
Re-posting because ignored. :glare:

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
If shiek keeps her vMelee chaingrab, then i have to ask why was DDD chaingrab(not the infinate) removed?

The case can be made that it was part of the reason DDD is decent in Brawl, it gave him the upperhand in many matchups, much like shiek in melee gets from hers.

jalued

Smash Lord
If shiek keeps her vMelee chaingrab, then i have to ask why was DDD chaingrab removed?

The case can be made that it was part of the reason DDD is decent in Brawl
in brawl yes, but in melee infinite chaingrabs are unacceptable for competition because it takes away skill from the game.

Sheik's melee chaingrab is not an infinite (DI related), but it shuts down alot of the cast and she doesn't need it to be good. It doesn't define her as a character (like fox's shine combos) so she could easily live without it so that the game can have better balance

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I edited my post to not include the infinates, i'm reffering to the running chaingrab. Which nets maybe 4-5 throws before reaching the edge.

Is that worse then shiek's?

Also SB, DDD does rely on DI for characters under, i believe marths weight in Brawl, they can DI up and tech his dthrow.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the characters that can tech his dthrow don't get CG'd and thus it's irrelevant to this discussion

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I should mention that i hate chaingrabs,

but the inconsistancy of removing one characters chaingrab over the other is odd. If you somehow prevent DDD`s infinates, is his running dthrow chaingrab that bad.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
If the rationale behind keeping one chain-grab over the other is that "it was in melee" i dunno that seems like rather shaky argument. I could easily argue "well if you don't want to piss off DDD players, like how you don't want to piss off shiek players, why does shiek get to keep her chaingrab that helps her in a lot of match-ups, why don't we get to keep our chaingrab that helps in a lot of match-ups."

Especially in this case, where there is another official version of the game that doesn't have said chaingrab. PAL version.

Best case would they both are gone, or severly limited in effectivness.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I already said id throw down $50 bucks no problem.

The $50 bucks I'd bet would be from the ad revenue him and his buddies already give me for watching my stream.
I apologize if anyone took the **** talk seriously...something had to be done about the bull**** in this thread though.

The MM challenges still stand though. At least up to as much Money as I'll have by the time I get there.(real life johns).

Doesn't matter if it's $50, $500 or $0.50 I'll put up whatever I have.
I still want to see this match but I hope it doesn't turn out like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvcxm5A3Mro) cause it will be mad funny. Also bout the chaingrab discussion what about the Ice Climbers CG from brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom