• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I have always said this about IC that thier CG's, they are fine because they can be dismantled, and nullifyed, unlike every other chain grab in smash. Kill that w-hore and no more CG. And in some cases you dont need to kill her simply seperate the two, and if you get grabbed mash out before they reunite.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
They wanted a more Melee-styled grab game, iirc. I think a lot of the team hates Wobbling so I think they wanted that removed.

I just want Blizzobling to be back. Remove freeze effect from Blizzard!

:phone:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I have always said this about IC that thier CG's, they are fine because they can be dismantled, and nullifyed, unlike every other chain grab in smash. Kill that w-hore and no more CG. And in some cases you dont need to kill her simply seperate the two, and if you get grabbed mash out before they reunite.
SoPo can CG with dthrow at low percents, IIRC.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If the rationale behind keeping one chain-grab over the other is that "it was in melee" i dunno that seems like rather shaky argument.
If Rest wasn't a move in Melee, and instead we added it to Project M, what do you think the reaction would be? :alakadoof:

Using character precedent isn't always bad.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
SOPA is going to a vote tomorrow. Spam your bribeable rich old person representative in Congress and tell them to vote no. http://americancensorship.org/ If you don't know about SOPA, here's a link. Needless to say this is a bad thing for the internet.
good post... I second this. I threw this on my facebook wall, but i have alot of idiots as friends who think they dont care about the issue, or they think it will not happen. what a bunch of idiots.

but yeah, just make a brief call, and tell them it gives authority to corporations to alter the internet as they see fit, and it totally goes against the premise and fabric what the internet has been, and what it should always be.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
About Dedede's CG, it's caused afaik by the inability to DI nontumble KB. Project M fixes that.

It's also ****ing ********, and this is coming from a Dedede main. I'd much rather have a good techchase than an option that invalidates entire characters, and general buffs to the rest of him. Like that zoning idea I pitched a while back.

I can name several MUs in Brawl that would be different without the CG. We wouldn't beat Ike for one. Ike jab > Dedede. DK would beat us, probably decently hard. Snake would be bad instead of even. Diddy would beat us even harder. Ganondorf, of all characters, would stand a good chance.

I'd rather have a good character than a character carried by a single move in tons of MUs.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
SOPA is going to a vote tomorrow. Spam your bribeable rich old person representative in Congress and tell them to vote no. http://americancensorship.org/ If you don't know about SOPA, here's a link. Needless to say this is a bad thing for the internet.
good post... I second this. I threw this on my facebook wall, but i have alot of idiots as friends who think they dont care about the issue, or they think it will not happen. what a bunch of idiots.

but yeah, just make a brief call, and tell them it gives authority to corporations to alter the internet as they see fit, and it totally goes against the premise and fabric what the internet has been, and what it should always be.
Off topic, but yeah. I just called congress and judicial people. And everyone else in USA should as well.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Off topic, but yeah. I just called congress and judicial people. And everyone else in USA should as well.
I already called my Congressman. At least I got a real person who said they would tell my representative my stance, which is nice after dealing with Carl Levin's automated system in the past.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I have zero faith in our Congress Critters. See: National Defense Authorization Act. :mad:

It's a wonderful piece of legislation that lets the government detain American citizens indefinitely. A nice companion piece to the Patriot Act. Can you smell the freedom? :embarrass:

I can't see myself voting for the two-party system ever again. Time to tear down the government and economic systems we have and start again. I need a Guy Fawkes smilie right now.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
America's political system has been broken for a very long time.

Canada's, to contrast, was only broken fairly recently. For a pretty long time we really haven't had extreme politics, just mostly centrist parties and people paying attention to the politics themselves.

The past decade and a half have vastly changed things. Attack ads, sensationalist politics... I ****ing hate it. I pity America, having dealt with that **** far longer than us.

Also this is now a politics thread.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
For D3's chaingrab, how about giving him something that has low KB like Marth's fthrow and has set KB until... say... 30 perecent? Its main purpose could be for positioning and leading into D3's attacks at lower percents.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I already called my Congressman. At least I got a real person who said they would tell my representative my stance, which is nice after dealing with Carl Levin's automated system in the past.
I did the same just 2 earlier as well even though I sounded mad nervous when I did it . I'm being off topic I know.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
If someone yelled like that directly in my ear, you're probably getting slapped in the face.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
To the people talking about DDD's CG:

My current opinion is that DDD is on par with Melee top tiers. Not a little worse than, on par with. I wouldn't worry about him being weakened by the removal of the dthrow CG.

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
To the people talking about DDD's CG:

My current opinion is that DDD is on par with Melee top tiers. Not a little worse than, on par with. I wouldn't worry about him being weakened by the removal of the dthrow CG.
Isn't everyone supposed to be on par with the Melee top tiers, though? That's the impression I got, at least.

:phone:

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Yeah, although I'd be content if everyone was around the level of the Melee top 8, which is probably a more realistic goal. That's not relevant to the point I was making, though. people were concerned about DDD losing a powerful tool; I wanted to assure them that this little nerf is a total non-issue considering the buffs he's received.

Revven

FrankerZ
Not possible currently as the times it has been tried has affected his normal item pick ups as well. Maybe another attempt at some point but yeah.

LegendofLink

Smash Apprentice
Peach doesn't have to run halfway across the stage to pick up her vegetables, but yeah, item usage is probably something that you don't want too many characters to have as their schtick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom