• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Personally, I'd probably play around more commonly with the characters I usually play as in Brawl. Those characters are usually Toon Link, Ivysaur, Bowser, Wario, Luigi, Captain Falcon and Ganondorf.

However, I'll give every character a good try, even those I normally didn't play as, such as Charizard and Lucario. Mostly because I couldn't get used to their playstyles. Charizard's Down-B looks great though, and definitely helps with ground-to-air combos.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I giggled.

$100 MM; Spam vs Peef. Pit only, no heterosexuality, Pirate Ship.
GET HYPE

btw, have there been any plans to legalize Pirate Ship?
While Pirate Ship may never be in the official recommended stage list, A version with tweaked hitboxes is still available for regions with liberal stage lists.
Rudder stalling will remain an issue until someone finds the XYZ coordinates of stage hitboxes in the .rel.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi always gets poo'd on. No one ever wants to play as him. I am really excited for yoshi, he's always so close to being good in former games!

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Is it possible to simply halt the stages movement, like how the DK stage was made?

Camping in the water still would be a problem though

Divinokage

Smash Legend
You will be even more sexy to watch kage, ganon ***** hard in this.

SideB to Dair tech chases FTW.
Oh ya! I know but I'd love to have some tournaments at some point.. Is there anything happening at Apex with P:M? I mean somewhere on the side where the tournament isn't happening? There was Genesis 2 but after that I didn't get to play it really. lol.

D

Deleted member

spam vs peef for $100 would be awesome.

real talk though JC vs both 2 vs 1 would be better lol

MaxThunder

PM Support
I'm gonna mainly play Marth and Ganon... but i'll play bowser, ivy and falco a lot too... and probably link... and cause i also like to play the characters my friends are playing to potentially help them or help me beat them... so i'll play toon link, DK, diddy, yoshi and wolf too....

oh yeah and ROB, Zelda and G&W... and locaryu...

and shiek cause borin but easy...

... i guess i'll just play everyone...

9Kplus1

Smash Master
While Pirate Ship may never be in the official recommended stage list, A version with tweaked hitboxes is still available for regions with liberal stage lists.
Rudder stalling will remain an issue until someone finds the XYZ coordinates of stage hitboxes in the .rel.
Ah, I see. Thanks for answering.

Oh, and Falco / Ganon / MK with a bit of Lucario and Olimar. Maining Falco in P:M is definitely convenient because of how much work I'm putting into improving my Melee game (not really what anyone would normally consider a large amount effort, due to my current schedule, but I've improved dramatically since my last tourney :p), and Ganon, along with being my secondary in Melee, is high tier now, so I won't be able to resist using him either. MK was my main in Brawl because I've always enjoyed his concept -- not his Brawl iteration, but the concept behind MK himself -- so I'm going to pick him up even if he never molds well (or at all) with my playstyle. Although, from what's been said, he seems really fun already, so I can envision MK being part of my main lineup of characters.

Lucario and Olimar have piqued my interest already. Both characters require a fair amount of focus to use and play against, which is more than enough to catch my eye. I actually plan to test multiple theories and ideas with both characters into the ground, until I find something viable, (psychologically) effective, or both.

EDIT: I'll also experiment with Toon Link because Wind Waker was my last favorite Zelda game... and because Tink da bess :joyful:

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Zelda, lucario, DDD, and Ness gona be my mains
Peach, sonic, Ganon, Lucas, my secondaries. I'll have a answer to any matchup.
yes you can have multy mains...if you cool enough :cool:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
@Kage

Your fom Quebec, why don't you hunt/stalk/track down Viglante?
Well I'm not really inspired to go out of my way to play P:M. I'm pretty lazy with this game, I'll play pretty much if it's in front of me and there's a tournament, other than that, meh.. I'd rather play melee where the match-ups are the way they are now because this is where the spotlight is shining and I mean I have to practice for upcoming tournaments regularly. I feel like P:M now won't teach me the match-ups as much because it's modified and irrelevant to what I want. The reasons why I would play a fighting game or FPS games usually is if there's a good scene going around, I've become too much a tourney player lol.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
IDK why PEEF vs Spam would be anything other than a beatdown. Spam is a tournament flop who has no notable victories. But if you want to hype it then thats fine.

Not to mention the bland combo video vs players with DI so bad that they belong on Americas most wanted: combo food edition.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I said what BRAWL characters melee vets/pros would pick up.

:mad:

you guys are blind
Actually...
I'm just going to play Fox/Falcon/Falco/Marth/Sheik/Puff.

Like a real Melee player.
Sadly that's what most high level Melee players (non-PMBR specifically) do with Project M right now. Very few are willing to step outside their comfort zone and try something new.
With that question answered, everyone decided to share what they'd do after the next release :troll:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Is it possible to simply halt the stages movement, like how the DK stage was made?

Camping in the water still would be a problem though
I made a version that has no hazards, but the water itself is what's keeping the stage from being competitive. You could hack the water to be nonexistant so it's purely visual and the stage acts like a normal platform stage, but that would make it boring probably.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I say we give up on Pirate Ship. No need to have a tourney version of every stage.

Also, any way to make the water stop the fall speed faster? Fox sinks like a rock on that stage, barely surviving.

iLink

Smash Champion
Honestly, there are too many characters I really want to use. In melee I used Link mostly due to character loyalty but I enjoyed using fast paced characters like Fox and characters with just a lot of tools like Mario.

I'm definitely stoked for Lucaryu and plan to use him heavily but the idea of a buffed Link is enticing. Then there's Sonic who I really liked in the demo and Mario was pretty good as well. There's just too many characters I'm looking forward to trying to really pin down a main at this point, especially since I haven't even had the chance to play anything newer then the demo.

My least favorite character by far is Squirtle. He looks like just another annoying *** character like jigglypuff where you are just swinging at the air half the time because he's so small and the hitbox on the turnaround just interrupts everything. Just watching him reminds me of vbrawl sonic's playstyle.

/rant

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I find it funny that spam's video has ratings disabled.
And this thread has been moving a bit too fast lately, at least not every post is a half-page rant like a few days ago.

D

Deleted member

IDK why PEEF vs Spam would be anything other than a beatdown.
tbh you vs spam would more closely resemble a sponge vs a candy bar. you can't really have a "beatdown" with 2 inept players unless one of them suicides a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom