• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
Guys, there are more than one Ivysaur. The ones inhabiting Japan are female, the ones over here are male.

Deal with it.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I'm not totally satisfied yet with Ivy, personally, but she is still very experimental. Heck, the build Peef tried was just one of many ideas we have. Don't expect anything you see as close to final, just saying.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I've been playing with the standard Ivy, but i like alot.

One idea I have is a repurposed dair that hits down and away, so she can safely jump up and whack someone approaching from the ground or in a SH. I really hope the team decides to Dhalsimize her, because thats how I've been using her and it is really fun, but the idea needs to be committed to (not as hard as Lucaryu though)

IDK how i feel about poison powder. I used to like it but now i think a physical move that fits a more Dhalsimy role woud be best.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Like what exactly?

Dont her vine attacks she already has + Yoga F...Razor leaf cover those aspects?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXD6NWNXeCo#t=1m18s

This move is what i was thinking she really coud use as a new dair. What else do you guys think we could give her to make her fill that dhalsim role? One of Dhals most important moves is that jumping straight arm to catch people jumping, I think that this is in the works already =D

As most of you know im not a big projectile guy, I just like spacing and attacking and using normal moves so I'm not big on poison powder because moves like that might just slow everything down...

JOE!

Smash Hero
Poison Powder how I put it would be a passive thing you couldnt *really* camp with it's be more mindgame-ish in that it discourages some behaviors for ivy to abuse

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Hmmm. I agree with what peef is trying to say. Ivy does primarily rely on the vines to attack and what not. But having Ivy being turned into a Dhalsim type character is gonna look really awkward, I personally like brawl Dair. I really can't imagine that type of dair unless the team can somehow mirror Ivy's current grounded up B and reanimate it to replace current brawl Dair so instead of the move hitting upwards to the right, it will hit downwards at an angle sweeping the opponents feet, possibly making the opposing player slip like diddy's nannerz. Of course it should be techable(assuming all of this is viable)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think it's kinda dumb that Ivy is a Poison/Grass, and has no moves with poison effect in vBrawl. If poison powder doesn't stay, her usmash should cause a lip's stick effect.

I'm all about Ivy getting a slew of weird status-inducing moves, though. It'd be neat to get a character that can make their opponent. A sleep powder move would also be neat.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Based devs.

Thank you for this reversible jump out of QD. I am forever in your debt.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
If ZSS was a male, I'm pretty certain she'd be Snake, just sayin'.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I actually didn't think it sounded wrong. I just imagined a sort of sex kick but with the tail.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
BTW Kirisame, I made your weird avatar, lol

Edit: Also Peef, we're not quite supposed to talk about Ivysaur yet. I know you meant well but just saying.

JOE!

Smash Hero
would the cloud have any knock back? can it be sheilded? can the bullet seed article be manipulated in this manor?
1) It would have no Knockback, thus the passive effect i stated earlier

2) Im not sure if it could be shielded, but I suppose it could be

3) I am not sure if the bullet seed article can be changed like this, but isn't it possible to say, clone Usmash to the input and change that cloned version?

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
1) It would have no Knockback, thus the passive effect i stated earlier

2) Im not sure if it could be shielded, but I suppose it could be

3) I am not sure if the bullet seed article can be changed like this, but isn't it possible to say, clone Usmash to the input and change that cloned version?
I think lingering hitboxes have to be a projectile so it wont be connected to the user. Up smash is just a regular hit box. I have yet to see a psa with lingering hit boxes with out using some type of real projectile.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Ivysaur isn't really a dinosaur. Her English name is a misnomer; the French name implies that she's a toad, and every other name just implies that she's a plant. She has claws, but that's the only particularly reptilian feature she has. (This is in reply to that guy who said that "he" is a dinosaur.)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Edit: Also Peef, we're not quite supposed to talk about Ivysaur yet. I know you meant well but just saying.
I stream the character every day. What I'm saying is no secret. If I say what I like about her or what I think would be cool in order to get some discussion/ideas going then I'm doing my job. Lets not get silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom