• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxThunder

PM Support
or you could just hold z after doing anything... i usually do it after aerials if i gotta shield... and since i l-cancell with z anyawys, it works out so nicely=)...
... and the z shield is bigger than normal light shielding too...

Rikana

Smash Champion
Doesn't give you perfect lightshield.
Realistically speaking, rarely will you ever see someone purposely use z to grab and go into light shield unless they find the time to do so (marth killer and maybe you predicted an approach from miles and miles away but you won't really find that in high level play). Its just much easier to toggle between hard shield and light shield with your shoulder buttons.

@cero z shielding is only bigger because you're using perfect light shielding.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
PMBR loves slow projectiles.

Honestly a fast multi-hitting projectile would be kinda dumb imo.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well you're always looking to improve your stream right?

If you buffer the lightshield using z you won't grab.
You still have to be doing something before hand. If you're trying to light shield in any other situation (running, walking, standing, etc) you CAN'T DO THAT.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Realistically speaking, rarely will you ever see someone purposely use z to grab and go into light shield unless they find the time to do so (marth killer and maybe you predicted an approach from miles and miles away but you won't really find that in high level play). Its just much easier to toggle between hard shield and light shield with your shoulder buttons.

@cero z shielding is only bigger because you're using perfect light shielding.
If your a good spacies player than you do this alot on platforms... If I get knocked down i roll with my back toward the opponent and buffer lightshield with z and get a free bair when they touch it

Rikana

Smash Champion
I guess I forgot to specify that its not recommended when you're standing. Buffering while you're on the ground makes much more sense.

@cero: perfect light shielding is just being able to use the maximum size of light shield. Your shield size depends on how light you press the shoulder buttons as long as the controller can detect that you're pressing it. But its super hard to get it to its perfect size when you're in the middle of a match while running around.

Cero

Smash Lord
@cero: perfect light shielding is just being able to use the maximum size of light shield. Your shield size depends on how light you press the shoulder buttons as long as the controller can detect that you're pressing it. But its super hard to get it to its perfect size when you're in the middle of a match while running around.
Alright. Good to know.

Never used Z in Melee to light shield. Probably going to start next time I go to my friend's house. :)

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
You could just ignore them.
Capital idea

Yay=)... me is so happy i'll show you this vid i found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QmDSQs96jY&feature=player_embedded
it's about a monkey...

and and JCaesar's gonna start using ustream again?... sounds like i'll get some streams to watch then=)...
That's funny too lol

Lovin the new Lucario, only because of the moveset really, and how the Vegeta import will go well over it, I actually hate any Pokemon after 151

JOE!

Smash Hero
>Hate any poke after the first 151

I despise this mentality.... the 100 from gen2 were actually coded into gen1 (the classic Missigno. comes from data for Scizor I believe) for the most part (some weren't in) and I rarely hear an argument as to why gen1 is the best other than "oh dey's da orignalz!" or "da new onez luk stupid, gen1 wuz the best cus they had **** like Magnemite, who evolved into 3 magnemites! THAT'S creative and interesting!"

bleh

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
As a hardcore Pokémon fan, I know that many fans of generation 1 are too nostalgic to accept the newer generations... and admit how faulty their own generation is. The complaint that the pokémon of the newer gens have no originality/look bad in comparison to gen 1's holds no water since unoriginal/bad designs existed since gen 1. Voltorb, Electrode, Seel, Ditto, Diglett... not very well thought out characters. Gen 5, like gen 1, has both good and bad designs, but some old fans hate it because it's new.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
generations 1 2 and 3 were all good. 4 was shoddy but i got used to it, but gen 5 sucks ***. they just stopped feeling like pokemon i guess.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Everyone has preferences. Pokemon was intended to be a children's game, so it's understandable for people to have generation preferences. Could we not delve off into that argument, please?

Would it be too much to ask for some Toon Link conversation instead of this?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Gen 5 doesn't suck, bro. Gen 4 is the worst in my opinion. (Though it does have some really cool mons)

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Toon Link so far
-new fsmash, about time a link got his trade mark Jump attack
-kept vbrawl bair, that **** was too good
-bombs are in tact
-n64 links dash attack, if it has the ridiculous long lasting hitbox even better
-hurricane spin up B on the ground

Dislikes
-Up-B(air) in its current state, looks retarted powerful, and makes tl sink like a rock in air
-ylink fire arrows, i think TL vbrawl floaty arrows had more uses.
-dair looks stupid, aestetic problem only, lol
-sex kick, i know it was a stable of ylink, but TL's nair was pretty decent. Eh w/e everyone has a sex kick.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
it always has, it looks even worse now that tlink doesnt rocket to the ground.

Literally i just put link 's fitmotion.pac onto tlink's model and looked at link dair with tL model ported onto it in bralbox, it looks infinately better. tlinks sword doesnt look like a friggin pogostick. Normally i don't like cloned moves, but this is one where i think it looks so much better if tlink uses links animation.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Now I know that there has been the blog post and streams of the tether LO being in effect and it looks awesome and seems like it works 100% better. Now my question is are you guys ever going to fix/change the tether amount limit? j/w.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Toon Link so far
-new fsmash, about time a link got his trade mark Jump attack
-kept vbrawl bair, that **** was too good
-bombs are in tact
-n64 links dash attack, if it has the ridiculous long lasting hitbox even better
-hurricane spin up B on the ground

Dislikes
-Up-B(air) in its current state, looks retarted powerful, and makes tl sink like a rock in air
-ylink fire arrows, i think TL vbrawl floaty arrows had more uses.
-dair looks stupid, aestetic problem only, lol
-sex kick, i know it was a stable of ylink, but TL's nair was pretty decent. Eh w/e everyone has a sex kick.
Seriously. Why change his brawl Nair? His legs are too damn short..and don't come at me with that "YL in melee had a sex kick". Like who gives a ****, change his Nair back :mad:!!! >.<

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
I want to pick up Toon Link but I just can't get used to his recovery, short hop window, and sex kick. I would love for his recovery and nair to return to it's brawl state since they just all seemed better there. I just really don't think taking 12% just to recover from the shortest of distances properly balances things off with that horrible recovery of his. Even with the kill power.

Edit: Had second thoughts on the arrows since I actually can make use of them.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Most character's bones grow when using certain moves (moreso in Brawl than Melee) so having Tink do it for his nair shouldn't be that surprising. Nobody complains about how big Mario's head looks on u smash or about his arm looks on fair, so why complain about Tink?

You know what? Tink should get Falcon's Dsmash and n64 Fsmash. :awesome:

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom