• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
TL's brawl recovery was too good, that kid flew.
Yeah and easily telegraphed.

He has bomb jumping now(I think) so all you need is a little timing to perform and you have decent recovery.
All for a whopping 12%. You could say Snake had the same problem but his recovery didn't warrant frequent use of his "bomb jump", he's a heavy character so he could walk the kind of damage his C4s did right off, and had a much higher chance of getting back on stage compared to TL in P:M when bomb jumping.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
I would take 12% over dying any day. Btw, I didn't know the bombs hit that hard.
Yeah I know but it's just that it's putting Toon Link close to kill percents more frequently than his weight can afford just for recovering.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Seriously. Why change his brawl Nair? His legs are too damn short..and don't come at me with that "YL in melee had a sex kick". Like who gives a ****, change his Nair back :mad:!!! >.<
I agreed with you geez:urg:, I liked TL's vBrawl nair, however I completely understand why the PMBR gave him a sex kick.

Reading Comprehension FTW.

Also Ecks makes a good point tons of moves vastly grow a characters bones, i.e. ness utilt, marios fists on various moves, tons of bairs, Kirby utilt, snake second ftilt hit, etc. etc.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Raqu's link is a beasttttt
Are there any youtube videos of this? I shall be the judge of Link beastliness

Even Ho-oh? :troll:
Espe.... wait, why do I remember seeing that in like the first episode of Pokemon(1st season)?

>Hate any poke after the first 151

I despise this mentality.... the 100 from gen2 were actually coded into gen1 (the classic Missigno. comes from data for Scizor I believe) for the most part (some weren't in) and I rarely hear an argument as to why gen1 is the best other than "oh dey's da orignalz!" or "da new onez luk stupid, gen1 wuz the best cus they had **** like Magnemite, who evolved into 3 magnemites! THAT'S creative and interesting!"

bleh
I don't mind gen 2 so much, but everything after, I felt lost a lot of originality, sure there were dumb, forgivable ones in gen 1 but it just got ridiculous after gen 2. To me, Pokemon ended with the 1st movie, but then again that's also partially because I grew out of pokemon, I haven't liked it since I was 10, and I never will, I actually tend to despise it these days, the whole series just seems boring and unoriginal, plus it's far too childish for me(even though I watch other kid's cartoons like Dragonball), but hey those are my tastes

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I'm hoping that SniperFox will eventually upload matches to his YT account. I'd rather watch an individual match on YouTube than have to sift through an 8 hour stream.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Are there any youtube videos of this? I shall be the judge of Link beastliness
what kind of animations are those? does anyone in the pmbr even know how to handle explosives? or throw a boomerang? i bet you guys don't even know any archery or how to sword fight, those moves look shoddy. And impractical.
link looks like a sissy noob
sorry, I couldn't resist

Rikana

Smash Champion
Vigilante, I think he's asking you to upload videos of you shooting birds with arrows.

Also, I expect to see videos of you double jumping and bomb jumping irl. Back tilting is a plus.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I want to see Vigilante transform into Sheik.

Seriously though, can Toon Link bomb jump or not? His up b doesn't seem to travel enough to hit the bomb.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Well, to be quite honest, you didn't provide that much reasoning for why it should be changed back to Brawl Toon Link nair.
Seriously. Why change his brawl Nair? His legs are too damn short..and don't come at me with that "YL in melee had a sex kick". Like who gives a ****, change his Nair back :mad:!!! >.<
Lacking so much support here ^

Only reasoning you had was that his legs are short, lol.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Yeah like asking nicely would get you guys to change it back.
Maybe if you gave actual reasons as to why his old nair fits better than the new one in the context of PM.

It might be just me, but I've always felt convincing people of something was easier than just raging until they did what I wanted.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Seriously though, can Toon Link bomb jump or not? His up b doesn't seem to travel enough to hit the bomb.
He can. You have to AGT it.
Yeah like asking nicely would get you guys to change it back.
We prefer intelligent, well-reasoned, non-inflammatory feedback. The reasons should be fairly obvious.

The fact is that the sex kick is better than Brawl Toon Link's Neutral-Air.

Edit: NeoZ, I like you.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
I have two questions for the PMBR, If these were addressed earlier than I'm sorry
1) Is the next public build going to feature all characters?

Seeing how most of the characters are playable and knowing that some fighters are harder to code than others (Olimar and ICs and coding Kirby's inhale to copy character's M b neutrals could be a pain also).

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'll be happy to wait the extra few months for you guys to finish all the characters if you guys can't reach the supposed 6 month deadline.

2) Are you guys considering redoing the event matches?
SSE:M is cool and all, but to capture the true melee experience for solo players, I think event matches would be a great idea. I would also want to see the creative thing you guys can pull off, and the boundaries that you can limit yourself and the playtesters.

If there's not enough space to do this then I'll understand. But to be honest, brawl's event matches really didn't cut it.

Stevo

Smash Champion
DK should get a sex kick

then he can stick his foot out both directions :awesome:

(not serious)

The biggest argument against giving TL a sex kick is diversity. It is true that many characters have one, and something different could be enough of a reason to leave it. Sex kick might be better, but that is not a good enough reason, as you can tweak his brawl nair to be better if needed. If you look at TL's attacks, you can see that he swings his sword for basically all of them. For this reason, I don't see it as a bad thing to change it to a kick instead, as it gives him diversity in his own moveset. Kirby, on the other hand, I think should have kept his spin and just had the properties of a sex kick. However, I am ok with that change too, if for no other reason but nostalgia for 64. TL has to cater to melee Young link players, and Brawl TL players. Luckily, they are quite similar to begin with. I am a fan of neither character in either game, so I am not sure how people feel about things, but I am not actually convinced TL needed the sex kick.

I'm sure TL players are probably emotionally attached to the brawl nair.... what do YL players feel about this? Do they care if TL doesn't have a sex kick?

Spoon~

Smash Ace
DK should get a sex kick

then he can stick his foot out both directions :awesome:

(not serious)

The biggest argument against giving TL a sex kick is diversity. It is true that many characters have one, and something different could be enough of a reason to leave it. Sex kick might be better, but that is not a good enough reason, as you can tweak his brawl nair to be better if needed. If you look at TL's attacks, you can see that he swings his sword for basically all of them. For this reason, I don't see it as a bad thing to change it to a kick instead, as it gives him diversity in his own moveset. Kirby, on the other hand, I think should have kept his spin and just had the properties of a sex kick. However, I am ok with that change too, if for no other reason but nostalgia for 64. TL has to cater to melee Young link players, and Brawl TL players. Luckily, they are quite similar to begin with. I am a fan of neither character in either game, so I am not sure how people feel about things, but I am not actually convinced TL needed the sex kick.

I'm sure TL players are probably emotionally attached to the brawl nair.... what do YL players feel about this? Do they care if TL doesn't have a sex kick?

Sex kick is way better for edgeguarding.

:phone:

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
He can. You have to AGT it.

We prefer intelligent, well-reasoned, non-inflammatory feedback. The reasons should be fairly obvious.

The fact is that the sex kick is better than Brawl Toon Link's Neutral-Air.
Ok i'll give my reasons for prefferring the Tlink Nair.

First and foremost it was one of very few moves that was structurally different than Link. Usmash and Bair were the only others. Even though i just said i'd prefer tlinks dair use links animation, i still mentioned i do not like cloned moves. Was it nesecary to change a unique move to Tlink, one of very few.

Secondly, the functions of Tlinks Nair have benefits a sex kick doesn't. It hits both in front of and EXTENDS behind Tlink. This is a feature that is on only a few Nair's in the game have. Marth's is the only other one I can think of. Many Nairs can hit behind the character, but there are very few that put a extended hitbox behind them like Tlinks does. Subsequentially a sex kick does not do this. Having a Nair like this gives Tlink the option of safely landing behind a character if he approaches from the front. Tlink will hit the shield of the opponent, and can crossup to the other side and land safely because the second hit covers his back, where he can lcancel and be 100% safe, and on the other side of the opponent in position for a bair, or a pivot grab.

Also the fact his old Nair has two hitboxes is a distict advantage on block. Most nairs if blocked only have one Hitbox, meaning if you block say peach's nair, it can't hit you after you block, therefore you can punish it because the hitbox is gone. Tlink however doesn't have this problem because you can block the first strike of his nair, but you can't punish because the second hit can still hit you. Few Nairs in the game are multi-hits, Lucas' is one, Marth and MK are others. TLink having a sex kick is a significantly less safe option on block because it is a single hit, not a multihit.

Also I ask what is the overall vision for Tlink? If it suppose to be a improved Ylink, then I by all means support the sex kick. If it's suppose to be a hybrid or a TLINK visioned then I would say the sex kick isn't needed. Tlink already has 2 moves that act like sex kicks in Dair and Uair. Watching any ylink match you know that you can't really jugggle ylink bcuz his Dair goes through lots of things bcuz it acts like a sex kick already.

I also partially agree that Tlink really short legs make the animaation look awkward. but it isn't that big of a deal, all sex kicks look awkward or unnatural. No human, fox or bird can realistically bend their legs in that type of fashion lol.

Stevo

Smash Champion
it could be a sex kick.. that isnt a kick
exactly. that is my opinion about Kirby's nair too. but I don't really care that much. Plus like I said, it is nostalgic.

and sex kick might be better for edgeguarding currently but nothing says that brawl nair couldn't be modified to be good for edgeguarding. We are talking about a modded game here.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
With how fast he falls and how quick he is sh sex kick nairs are baller. It combos way better with his projectiles and as i stated above its a great edgeguarding move. Ill take gimpability over anything.

:phone:

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
SHFFL'd sex kicks are really good, but how good is a SHFFL'd Tlink Nair? I obviously am unable to test that, but if it's just as good, why the change? I can't imagine Tlinks vBrawl Nair is unable to make or start combos.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
i think with Young Link's horizontal air speed, shorthop distance, weight, and whatever other variables attributed to the way he moved through the air, the sex kick worked really well for him.

So if TLink carries all of those attributes from the old Young Link, I would like to see the sex kick unchanged.

The question then, is which crowd is TLink:M catered towards more? Melee or Brawl?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Alright, thanks for explaining Shadic.

No human, fox or bird can realistically bend their legs in that type of fashion lol.
Tell that to Jet Li.

BTW, cloning moves shouldn't really be a valid concern with Tink, since he has Link's 64 Dash attack, Fsmash and (sadly) up b. That being said, I don't really know which of the nairs is better in the long run either.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I know I'm in the minority here, but I'll be happy to wait the extra few months for you guys to finish all the characters if you guys can't reach the supposed 6 month deadline.
I don't think they're going to abide by the 6 month deadline. They're just going to release when they're ready; I can't see the PMBR putting out a glitchy or feature lacking release just because they said before that it would be six months.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Waiting for P:M feels like waiting for D3. it's a race between Project M patch (I still like calling it that :awesome:) and Diablo 3.

Both groups will delay if they have to.

On a side note, the best nair so far is for sure Lucarios.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they're going to abide by the 6 month deadline. They're just going to release when they're ready; I can't see the PMBR putting out a glitchy or feature lacking release just because they said before that it would be six months.
Even though they did that with the beta, I dont think they would repeat that again. I have faith in the PMBR

By the way, I'm definately gonna main Yoshi, so I want them to polish that up.

On a side note, the best nair so far is for sure Lucarios.
ID LIKE SOME POUNDCAKE :D

Ecks

Smash Lord
Something tells me it is very possible and may just happen. >_>

@Stunts. First thing that came to mind when I first saw his nair. And don't forget the SURE-YOU-CAN U-smash. lol

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
You have to watch sniperfox's stream in order to see Raqu's link. Sniperfox doesn't want to sift through 8 hours of the stream for matches to put on YT. :p
Sonnuva

what kind of animations are those? does anyone in the pmbr even know how to handle explosives? or throw a boomerang? i bet you guys don't even know any archery or how to sword fight, those moves look shoddy. And impractical.
link looks like a sissy noob
sorry, I couldn't resist
Link wasn't meant to be a master sword fighter, bomber, archer or boomerang...er so it doesn't matter

humble

Smash Ace
Akuma, please, refrain from the troll face posting and such, it doesn't add anything to the thread or project.

I wanted to ask the P:M BR, is Ivysaur's bulletseed a projectile? I'm curious for technical reasons, whether it could be repurposed (for example, like how Bowser's flame was turned into a fireball) or not.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
So, in brawl you could do running upsmashes without having to jump cancel. I'm wondering if this is still possible in P:M?

The reason I ask is that because I would prefer to play with tap jump turned off, but that would remove the ability to jump cancel using the control stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom