• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Question, can you guys make Samus' bombs stay in the air like in the games? I'm not asking you to do it (no more aerial bomb jumps then), just if it's possible to do.

Ha, at least Falcon has his speed to mach his games.
I'm sure it is possible to change the gravity on the aerial bombs to 0 so they float, but that would really impede on her recovery.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Is there a problem with FSmashes not charging correctly? I remember someone saying it was because of the stale moves code, but I don't remember what exactly the glitch was. I think it was knockback wasn't increasing with charging or something.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
How do you guys not see the brilliance of conveying the manly power of Ganondorf and his control over magical energy by modeling him after the most manly badass around, Captain Falcon? :falcon:

Nobody, I repeat nobody could do better. :glare:

And as for Snake we all know it was purely for lame, politically correct reasons that he didn't have his trademark knife in the first place while sword wielding characters are just fine. :urg:

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I have a dumb idea type thing for toon link. Did you guys ever consider giving him a new up B? By that I mean the deku leaf from Wind Waker... o.o it's much more canon than an aerial spin attack. IMO

Edit: While I'm on the subject of ideas, I've got to ask. Do our ideas get considered/implemented(if so what are some examples)? Or are we falling victim to the placebo effect?

Spoon~

Smash Ace
I have a dumb idea type thing for toon link. Did you guys ever consider giving him a new up B? By that I mean the deku leaf from Wind Waker... o.o it's much more canon than an aerial spin attack. IMO

Edit: While I'm on the subject of ideas, I've got to ask. Do our ideas get considered/implemented(if so what are some examples)? Or are we falling victim to the placebo effect?
Everytime I try to read your posts my eyes bleed. Purple text baaaaaad.

:phone:

Stevo

Smash Champion
he should summon a boat and then it should take 5 minutes for him to reach the stage, giving you time to grab a bite to eat. But when you come back you see your trajectory was slightly off and you ended up on the other end of the stage.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
he should summon a boat and then it should take 5 minutes for him to reach the stage, giving you time to grab a bite to eat. But when you come back you see your trajectory was slightly off and you ended up on the other end of the stage.
lol good one, but seriously. Is it really that far fetched for him to pull out his deku leaf to recover?

Ecks

Smash Lord
How do you guys not see the brilliance of conveying the manly power of Ganondorf and his control over magical energy by modeling him after the most manly badass around, Captain Falcon? :falcon:

Nobody, I repeat nobody could do better. :glare:
Considering he's the only character in the game they could have based him on, there practically wasn't another choice but to use Falcon. I can guarantee you that you'll never see Ganon do anything like his u tilt, u smash, u air and neutral b in any TLOZ. He's not athletic enough to do them and would rather throw one of those magic orb things instead of a painfully slow punch that even a snail could evade. And he would most likely use a sword because, hey it's not a good idea to bring only your fists to a fight with a guy that carries a mini arsenal on him. :ohwell:

And thanks a lot MonkUnit. I always wondered why they chose to not make them like in the games.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord

Dat Crusade idea

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
@unholydeath, there have been many things added to the game that were suggested by non-BR members. Usually if they(the devs) see a idea they like, they probably post said idea in the BR to discuss it further.

From someone who has lurked this thread for roughly a year, there have been many instances where ideas were tried, implemented, or scraped throughout the history of the streams. I suggest watching a old old stream just to see the differences in some characters like wario, pit, charizard, wolf, etc.

In some cases they've asked for ideas in this thread as well, i remember at one point they've asked for ideas for Ness' d-b and pit's side-B.

Also lots of people have come here and made them aware of little obscur things that they may or may not have known about the melee characters. Ex. a while back i brought up the difference between Doc's nair and mario's nair and asked which version they used.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Also lots of people have come here and made them aware of little obscur things that they may or may not have known about the melee characters. Ex. a while back i brought up the difference between Doc's nair and mario's nair and asked which version they used.
I really doubt they didn't know about the differences.
And didn't Mario have Doc's nair a long time ago?

D

Deleted member

Yes. Several ideas from non PM BR members have been tested and implemented.

I suggested N64 dair, up smash, and down smash for Ness and they made it in as well as N64 fair for Yoshi.

There is a suggestion thread on smashmods for the entire purpose of crowd sourcing inspiration for ideas.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Hmm I had no problems dealing with side-B, I thought it was predictable at Genesis 2 lol.
who were u facing. I saw that wario in some vids but he wasnt a threat at all. But thats the player's fault. Anyway I have not even played against that wario cause what I play is melee, but for a foward B move I thinks its a really good move. In the hands of a pro player it may become a little OP. but hey who knows if that ever happens which Im betting it will, Ill just quote myself and then the little dude who tried to be funny with fox's shine.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
jcaesar is not a bad player. at all. better than ~95% of all people who play p:m

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Is another goal of this mod to balance the tier list in general? If you guys are working on that, I'll practically worship this mod.

I mean, not that I'm tired of MK and Fox/Falco/Shiek dominated tournies.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I wouldn't call it op, just very useful, you can cancel into jump, grabs and god knows what else xD.It It doesn't matter how much endlag it has, because you always cancel it or if used for recovery, you land on edge or too far from your enemy. Still, I think it's a great move and it's the one thing that makes Wario, well, Wario in P:M.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
This game is aiming at balance, by bringing everyone up to top tier status.

You can't cancel Side B into grab. Dash Grab was made to look like side B.

Endlag isn't the weakness of the move. It's the frame disadvantage on block. It's very large and if people stop acting scared of Wario, they'll be able to block Side B more consistantly, forcing wario to rely on it less.

And even then, the move's power only grows as it travels, but the longer the distance you have to travel, the more time you're giving your opponent to react. It is strongest off stage where the opponent has very little options, but even then if you miss, that puts you in a worse position than your opponent. At least a lot of the times it does.

And you can only DJ out of it after jumping with the side b first, iirc. And even then, the ability to DJ out of side b is relatively late and it only works from the ground. Aerial side b goes into free fall and you can't DJ, iirc.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
people have funny concepts of OP. lol nothing and i mean nothing will be as overpowered as shine is, but we have all gotten used to it by now so we dont notice. 1 frame, set KB, combo starter, kill setup, safe, jumpcancelable, reflects projectiles, gimps, wall infinates did i mention 1 frame.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
This game is aiming at balance, by bringing everyone up to top tier status.

You can't cancel Side B into grab. Dash Grab was made to look like side B.

Endlag isn't the weakness of the move. It's the frame disadvantage on block. It's very large and if people stop acting scared of Wario, they'll be able to block Side B more consistantly, forcing wario to rely on it less.

And even then, the move's power only grows as it travels, but the longer the distance you have to travel, the more time you're giving your opponent to react. It is strongest off stage where the opponent has very little options, but even then if you miss, that puts you in a worse position than your opponent. At least a lot of the times it does.

And you can only DJ out of it after jumping with the side b first, iirc. And even then, the ability to DJ out of side b is relatively late and it only works from the ground. Aerial side b goes into free fall and you can't DJ, iirc.
I forgot the name of that technique where you cancel jump into a grab, i believe it can be done here because I'm pretty sure I've seen grab out of sideb

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
who were u facing. I saw that wario in some vids but he wasnt a threat at all.
MM? I'm not sure you understand how good Kage is, and how he can make even good opponents look bad by comparison.

I forgot the name of that technique where you cancel jump into a grab, i believe it can be done here because I'm pretty sure I've seen grab out of sideb
Side-B has its own "jump" ability, but you can't use a true jump out of side-B, hence you can't jump cancel grab. What you saw was dash grab, which mimics side-B for a few frames before grabbing.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Obviously replace his bombs.

I mean what YL would miss them :troll:

I'm very much kidding please don't do that

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Okay so on Wario's Side-B:

I was around and actually played with the Side-B in its first incarnations waaaaaay back when.

It went faster, farther, and was stronger than the current version by a considerable margin. It was unbelievably good during that time. The move has been through quite a lot in balancing.

There's no way in hell that move is OP now.

I feel that people seem to not like semi-safe moves that go across a decent portion of the stage. Just because Smash has ALWAYS made moving attacks ****ty, doesn't mean having them good means their overpowered.

You people need to understand balance is not what Sakurai proclaims it is, but what is a good design decision competitively. What competitive value is there in Dash attacks and specials that act as moving attacks if we just make them ALL ***? Nothing.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Okay so on Wario's Side-B:

I was around and actually played with the Side-B in its first incarnations waaaaaay back when.

It went faster, farther, and was stronger than the current version by a considerable margin. It was unbelievably good during that time. The move has been through quite a lot in balancing.

There's no way in hell that move is OP now.

I feel that people seem to not like semi-safe moves that go across a decent portion of the stage. Just because Smash has ALWAYS made moving attacks ****ty, doesn't mean having them good means their overpowered.

You people need to understand balance is not what Sakurai proclaims it is, but what is a good design decision competitively. What competitive value is there in Dash attacks and specials that act as moving attacks if we just make them ALL ***? Nothing.
A good post is here.

Ecks

Smash Lord
@ TL deku lead idea, where are you going to get a leaf model and what model would you replace on TL? Lol.

It would be funny if his sword was replaced. It could even change in size for attacks, kinda like how the leaf is small when he holds it in his hands, but as big as him when he's flying. :awesome:

Anyway, I'm not really worried about things ending up broken or OP. The pmbr seems to have good quality control and they could fix the move at any time anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom