• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I don't know why you don't like his nair, I think you are the first person to ever complain about it. Still I agree with something peef said on the stream, dash attacks have become a little too safe.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Whose dash attack is too safe? o_O

DK's maybe if he's near a ledge...
I remember Peef raging about Bowser's "unpunishable" dash attack. Although he was just raging then, and I highly doubt we're seriously calling Bowser's dash attack safe. Just wanted to reaffirm my presence.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You sure he didn't mean fsmash? Because Bowser's dash attack isn't difficult to punish at all, unless you attack its armor head on, but then you deserve to lose that exchange.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
TBH, Since demo I've felt some dash attacks are way too safe(Like snake's, if you do from a close distance, you land too far from your enemy and he can't shield grab). Also, Sonic, I must say I hate Sonic's dash attack the most(since B+ days). Maybe it's just that brawl characters have better dash attacks than melee characters, but since B+ days I've felt that dash attacks are way more useful than they were in melee(jabs seem a lot better too).

Edit: It's a strange feeling, maybe it's just me.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Snake's and Sonic's are kinda silly sometimes, yeah, because of how far they go. But they are in the vast minority, and they can be countered.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I feel that a large portion of the smash community fails to realize that characters are allowed to have very good moves and it doesn't break anything.

You can count the number of not amazing moves the spacies had on one hand. Having a particularly safe and hard to punish dash attack isn't a particular issue by itself.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I do think that dash attacks have become for some reason quite safe and very much better than the average Melee dash attack.

Examples safe or crazy good dash attacks:
Sonic
Lucario
Snake
Bowser
Wolf
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
idk there are more im not going to try to think of them all

What I find odd is that dash attack went from a general pooey move in Melee (there were just a couple good ones) to suddenly being really really good for a ton of characters, when all you do is press a while running at them.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
I posted this a long time ago. but it seems Wario's Foward B is just too good. Comes out really fast, great priority, it seems safe and small recovery frame. Also in the air. I think the start up frames should be adjusted.

Just for trying to gimp him in the air you will most likely get hit with his foward B. They said the fixed this but I saw a recent vid and it was the same

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We've put a lot of effort into balancing that move. Visually it isn't really different, but it has more endlag and smaller hitboxes and a few other minor tweaks IIRC.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I posted this a long time ago. but it seems Wario's Foward B is just too good. Comes out really fast, great priority, it seems safe and small recovery frame. Also in the air. I think the start up frames should be adjusted.

Just for trying to gimp him in the air you will most likely get hit with his foward B. They said the fixed this but I saw a recent vid and it was the same
Hmm I had no problems dealing with side-B, I thought it was predictable at Genesis 2 lol.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I posted this a long time ago. but it seems Fox's Down B is just too good. Comes out really fast, great priority, it seems safe and small recovery frame. Also in the air. I think the start up frames should be adjusted.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Really, didn't we JUST finish this discussion about how it's alright for a character to have one or two amazing moves without being broken? This just seems like a bad time to bring it up >_>

Ecks

Smash Lord
LOL There's no way Wario's side b is better than the multi use tool.

Objection Overruled.

Ecks

Smash Lord
LOL JCz I chose that "version" because I like the character but I don't want to be a major douche. I figured it was fine as long as I didn't talk about it.

Edit: Really, saying anything about it is a major spoiler. Saying it's a spoiler probably is a spoiler too.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
KirbyKaze is probably the Melee player that is most likable IHMO TBQH BBQ

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
which one? the one where he pulled out an RPG?
it sucked, why did you like it?

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
which one? the one where he pulled out an RPG?
it sucked, why did you like it?
It's good if you can get a good read on someone, and powerful to compensate.

Also, could you explain what the new one does/is and why it's preferable? The guys in the stream were not very descriptive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom