• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
new one is a knife stab that's fast and has decent kb & if you charge it it electrocutes them so they're stunned for a bit and he can combo

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Uh, snake said it in MGS2, he's "not a fan of blades"

He wouldn't use a knife. Big boss, sure, but not solid snake.

That and honestly, the rocket worked pretty well. and it was animated better too.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Smash Bros. Snake is a composite character, really. He has the MGS1 codec, the MGS2 outfit, and Naked Snake's beard (MGS3). Might as well give him a knife. He doesn't have to be a fan of something to use it.

How was the knife made anyway? Any background information would be cool. (Eg. Does it have its own texture and bone vertices?) From the little I know, it seems like giving a character without a sword a sword.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
its a fighting game dude not all the characters are gonna be perfectly canon
It just wouldn't make sense if each character wasn't designed by their respective history. But...you have a point. As long as Snake's moveset is as accurate as it can be then it's fine if he has an unorthodox Fsmash attack, even if it's something he would never do.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Right, lets give marth a gun. I think it would improve his zoning capabilities and clearly not contradict anything.

That and frankly, I think the rocket launcher is more useful, even if it's hard to pull off.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
woah i was going by the logic that it would just make sense for snake to use a knife, i didnt know it was an actual thing... [mindblown]
Lol yeah. Have you seen footage of it in action? It looks rather awkward...

On a side note, does the attack have any key sour/sweet spots?

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
I'll second the above, make a better animation for the knife attack. If you can, I'd like it to be tiltable. Sweetspots optional.

I'm still not happy with it, but unless it proves stupid in the future, I'll deal.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, thanks Neko. I will attempt to remain seeming likeable until I have taken over the universe.

And yeah, Ganon being made into a Captain Falcon clone in-game was kinda sad. Sakurai probably just wanted to wrap things up quick at this point.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Sakurai admitted in an interview that he threw in Ganon, Falco, Pichu, Doc, Y.Link and Roy because they needed more characters but didn't have the time to make new movesets. Making Ganon like Falcon is 100% not canon and a hell of a stretch.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I haven't seen Link's shield holding while walking, is it even good enough to have a use? Does it work for the medium speed walking? I could see it being somewhat useful then at least.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Question, can you guys make Samus' bombs stay in the air like in the games? I'm not asking you to do it (no more aerial bomb jumps then), just if it's possible to do.

Ha, at least Falcon has his speed to mach his games.

iLink

Smash Champion
I'd like to see how Snake's knife works before I pass judgement, but I'll miss that rpg. You just felt like a bada** when you landed it.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
The current build is quick but low knockback. Charge it (Doesn t need to be for long) and it will stun. It is still subject to change so anything could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom