• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can I pre-order this?
I think I might start running out of gift ideas around the the 22st century, so it'll probably be a good idea to plan ahead.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Yeah, it only looks awkward during the pan because the animation doesn't finish.
Well apart from Sheik's entrance (which is an unnatural execption) there isn't a single entrance in Brawl that finishes once the camera pans. All Brawl entrances (except Sheik's) end after 2 seconds. The camera pans after 1 second.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It's attack pattern is inconsistent, but it DOES have a half-second warning when it's going to strike someone. However, it isn't always clear who it's going after when both parties are in close combat.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Can I pre-order this?
I think I might start running out of gift ideas around the the 22st century, so it'll probably be a good idea to plan ahead.
If you pre order at gamestop, the pmbr will send you a standard toaster (no relation to StandardToaster, oddly enough)or a lifesize Shadic avatar. Supplies are low due to high demand, so act now!

:phone:

Jonas

Smash Champion
I believe there are four spikes in Melee. Falco's Dair, Marth's Dair, Ganondorf's aerial Wizard Kick, and Captain Falcon's nipple spike on Dair (very specific hitbox).
A meteor smash is pretty much just an attack that launches at angles between 260 and 280 degrees (iirc), that is straight or almost straight down.
There's not really a definition of a spike though (it's a term the Smash community, not the game, came up with), so I don't know if you can limit it to these four. Ganon's Uair, Sheik's Fair, Bowser's Bair, Fox' Shine etc. could be considered spikes just as well.

shanus

Smash Hero
A meteor smash is pretty much just an attack that launches at angles between 260 and 280 degrees (iirc), that is straight or almost straight down.
There's not really a definition of a spike though (it's a term the Smash community, not the game, came up with), so I don't know if you can limit it to these four.
Uh, the definition is clear if something can or cannot be MC'd. The fact is, those are not capable of being MC'd, so its by definition a spike.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's attack pattern is inconsistent, but it DOES have a half-second warning when it's going to strike someone. However, it isn't always clear who it's going after when both parties are in close combat.
I'm starting to question people's reaction time.. I mean with enough stage knowledge, nothing is really surprising anymore. Not even Brinstar or like Yoshi's in melee, you can know when randall is gonna be there or not.. and you can know when the lava is moving up or not. When you play on a stage enough then it's easy to see these things. But at the same time I know some people can't even talk and play at the same time.. it's only a matter of being aware of your surroundings.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Doesn't the claw starts moving around before attacking? I haven't played normal helberd in a while. I remember always dodging the thing on two player matches. Unless it was removed so players don't have to worry about three hazards.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
The main reason it was removed was because it didn't ever really show who it was targeting UNTIL the claw sped towards a foe. It just wasn't something we want kept.

Also, we'll be arriving at TPG at around 5:30 but the stream probably won't be up until around 6:00 PM CST or later. we'll have one TV be the stream TV. It will start out with Project M, then shift it to streaming Melee for the tournament. If there aren't enough setups, our Project M wii will have melee on it. If there are enough streams, we'll be moving the Project M wii over to our other TV. We'll be streaming and recording the stream TV throughout the stream time. The other TV will have the Pinnacle Video Transfer so that we can still record Project M / Melee matches. And my VHS recorder will be setup onto someone else's Melee TV. This way we try stream / record as much Melee and Project M as possible. so if we stream at the time that TPG opens / starts everything, it'll start at 7PM so that we'll have 3 hours of PM stream. and once the melee tourney starts, we'll be switching pm over to our TV hooked up to yoshq's Pinnacle Video Transfer. so we'll still be recording PM :p. just hope there are enough melee setups so that we can have PM and the PVT and not Melee and the PVT.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
The problem is mostly that it comes out at a semi-random interval. And all it needs to get you if you being defenseless at the wrong moment. It's not hard to imagine the crane getting you just because you were momentarily stunned by Zero Suit Samus's blaster gun for example. At least, the lava, you can anticipate it coming up, you then can try not to get stunned so you can get out of the way. For the crane, if it starts to move at a time where you just can't dodge, you're screwed.

I know some poeple don't feel the same, but yeah, the other hazards were kept on that stage.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If you're standing there doing nothing, sure, the claw is a non-issue. But if you're, you know, fighting, then having a stage hazard that can kill either of you under 100 at random with very little warning is silly.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Doesn't the claw starts moving around before attacking? I haven't played normal helberd in a while. I remember always dodging the thing on two player matches. Unless it was removed so players don't have to worry about three hazards.

It does move around when the claw enters attack mode..... aimlessly.

So aimlessly at the time, it's like it wants you to ignore it.

The warning comes when it suddenly, without pattern, moves backwards further in Z Axis then a second later flings towards the target.

I remember it being blockable but doing quite a bit of shield damage.

I'm not against the hazard, but not for it either. Just want to make sure that both sides read the fine print and know the effects.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
To be honest, we kept most hazards and only removed those that are impossible to rpedict, like the dumb WarioWare minigames (There are other reasons for removing this too, like itnerrupting the flow of battle)

Sangoku

Smash Master
Does anyone have a tutorial on how I could try it on Dolphin (if possible)? Don't tell me to ask in the IRC, it's full of trolls unwilling to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom