• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Poor guy doesn't deserve all the **** he gets. lol

About the camera, will you guys try to make it more like melee's than it already is? The other day I was playing Melee and despite having to play a few "getting used to" matches, the camera just made the whole process harder (Part of the problem was probably playing on a widescreen tv). Basically, I'm saying I prefer the current camera to Melee's and Brawl's.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Not to get all nitpicky on Doom's excellent work, but the more I see Link's intro the more I wish he would take out his sword faster, the instant he lands for the same impact to the animation like in 64. If your the first person in an intro you don't see him unsheathe it at all.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
metaknight is going to be like marth where his attacks are stronger at the tip?
In a way, yes. However, unlike Marth where hitting at the tip is optimal, the blade and the tip for MK serve two different purposes. IIRC, hitting with the blade had lower KBG making it optimal for combos while the tip was good for finishers. Or maybe the other way around, but we also haven't heard much about MK in a while (as far as I remember).

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Well, I'm intrigued. Though contrary to what my avatar may make you assume, I'm not really interested in Tink that much. lol

And going offtopic here, does anyone know where to find character specific Melee sfx? Stuff like Ness' double jump sound. Been looking for a while now and I would really appreciate it.
I downloaded them from a forum somewhere. google it

Edit: Did the search for you http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=16063

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
im fully aware of the amount of work it would take...like i said i'm not being demanding
but yes, it would be a bit of a downer if it doesn't make it in

changing his blaster stance would be alot easier tho no? you guys don't think it looks silly that he shoots it like he's standing on the ground?
I agree about the blaster stance in the air. It currently looks pretty silly.

I downloaded them from a forum somewhere. google it

Edit: Did the search for you http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=16063
Sweet! I need to put Melee Fox's voice back in

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Not to get all nitpicky on Doom's excellent work, but the more I see Link's intro the more I wish he would take out his sword faster, the instant he lands for the same impact to the animation like in 64. If your the first person in an intro you don't see him unsheathe it at all.
Despite what you may think, I didn't design it to be an exact replica of Link's 64 entry, but to give the general feel of itt. And besides, you don't see him pull out his sword in his Brawl entry either XD It kind of acts as a sort of fusion between the 64 and Brawl entries. He descends like he does in 64, but unsheathes his sword like he does in Brawl (but the timing is slightly earlier).

Also, you only don't see him unsheathe if the camera pans to each character individually, which it doesn't always do.

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
You're acting like it's easy to do. It's not, if we did that, we would have to make it transition into it for everything that Fox does. Everything Fox does transitions back to wait1, which means modifying every animation in the game for Fox to transition back into that new wait1.

Not worth the insurmountable amount of time just for aesthetic purposes. If you really want his wait stance from Melee, try making it yourself.
Does putting in melee animations involve manually recreating the animations or just inputting data? If it were simple enough it might make sense to put in all of his melee animations which of course would transition back to his wait1.

Of course I know nothing about Brawlbox

Revven

FrankerZ
Does putting in melee animations involve manually recreating the animations or just inputting data? If it were simple enough it might make sense to put in all of his melee animations which of course would transition back to his wait1.

Of course I know nothing about Brawlbox
The animations cannot be imported, they are being made from scratch. If it were really that simple, things would have moved a lot faster for Melee characters.

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
I believe it would serve your purposes if brawlbox could import .fbx formats, or some other format that allows animation, so one could animate in Max or Maya with more sophisticated rigs, then export the animation to brawblox.

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
people have only been trying to do that for ages now....
I wonder what the setbacks might be. If you guys need to scout for technical artists there are certainly places online where they congregate.

I wonder if the possibility of creating new characters will not happen because of the difficulty of animating, or if it's something completely different, like a technical limitation.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I wonder what the setbacks might be. If you guys need to scout for technical artists there are certainly places online where they congregate.

I wonder if the possibility of creating new characters will not happen because of the difficulty of animating, or if it's something completely different, like a technical limitation.
To add new characters you need to clone existing characters and then edit said clones. Unfortunately, it is currently impossible to clone characters perfectly. For example, if you add another Marth slot and turn that into Roy, you still wouldn't be able to have Marth vs Roy fights. There are most likely more bugs and problems though. I'd say ask Dantarion, but he left the Brawl scene.

Edit: Forgot to say that working on the clone engine is no easy feat, and only PhantomWings and Dantarion can do this with their Tech-Code Wizard knowledge. Problem is, they both left.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Iirc he said it works 100%, as he was able to use it at AX. He probably just forgot about it.

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
To add new characters you need to clone existing characters and then edit said clones. Unfortunately, it is currently impossible to clone characters perfectly. For example, if you add another Marth slot and turn that into Roy, you still wouldn't be able to have Marth vs Roy fights. There are most likely more bugs and problems though. I'd say ask Dantarion, but he left the Brawl scene.

Edit: Forgot to say that working on the clone engine is no easy feat, and only PhantomWings and Dantarion can do this with their Tech-Code Wizard knowledge. Problem is, they both left.
Really? Why wouldn't you be able to hypothetically do that? Weird.

It's a shame guys like that left. Having a pipeline for building characters seems like the next logical step, at least, after this is polished up.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Really? Why wouldn't you be able to hypothetically do that? Weird.

It's a shame guys like that left. Having a pipeline for building characters seems like the next logical step, at least, after this is polished up.
Thought I explained it in my last post but I didn't. My bad lol.

You can't do it because the game will load Marth for both of them anyway since it's the same character ID or something along those lines; So "Roy" would just be a nice vertex/texture hack. So it'll either be a Marth ditto or a Roy ditto.

BTW, if I got anything wrong there, then someone who understands better please correct me.:)

Edit: Yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a clone engine. Will probably never happen. :/

crush

Smash Master
just wondering, what is (melee) pokemon stadium like in the full build? is it non-transforming? im thinking if it'd be possible to freeze melee pokemon stadium on the transformation with the two platforms almost directly above the other and the bush? because having pokemon stadium 2 and pokemon stadium non transforming theyll be like the same stage.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's frozen on the transformation you described. read back a page, we literally just went over this.

iLink

Smash Champion
I take it that it isn't possible to make it skip the windmill transformation completely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom